Where to get an electric heat pad in BKK?

bino

I want to get an electric heating pad for my sore back. Have been looking in BKK and can't find them anywhere.

I have one of the microwavable ones, but it sucks. It starts out too hot, and doesn't hold heat very long.

Any suggestions of where I could get one of these is greatly appreciated!

I went to three different Boots and three different Watsons, and about 5 different pharmacies, and all I got was "Mai Mee".

If anyone has any other suggestions- or specific knowledge- would love to know !

Edited by bino

• 3 months later...

Just in case anyone ever finds this topic wanting to know where to find the heating pad... the elusive item was found at "Save Drug" ... the pharmacy in TOPS supermarkets.

What this pister neglected to mention was the orice. I am here now at the pharnacy in Tops Supermarket Chidlom, now called CH PHARMACY. Sure, they have sn electric heating pad. It is from Korea. Size 30 X 45 cm. Brand: Exeter. Price ? THB1700.

No way do working class Thais pay USD52 to use this home remedy for aches and pains. Must look where poor people shop. Must be something ftom China somewhere. I could pick up this item used at Salvation Army in Saskatchewan for $8. And in Vietnam Big C for, I am guessing, about the VND equivalent of THB650 MAX.

Edited by hermespan

I bought the smaller pad for about 1400. When I needed it... I was overjoyed to find it in the first place, and pay the money.

Lots of working class Thai people earn more than I do... own houses, businesses, and nice cars. The section of Thai demographic that can shop at TOPS can manage 1700 THB.

1700 THB was not beyond my means or theirs for sure. I am sorry that it is beyond yours, which it surely must be if you shop at Salvation Army at home and you have to write a post complaining about the cost in Thailand.

Edit to add... if you do find it somwehere for $8 or even 650 THB, be sure to post it here. The next person to find this thread like you did might find your information to be useful.

Edited by bino
  • Like 1

I spent from 3pm to 10 pm shopping for a more affordable electric pad but failed to find *any*. I gave up and bought what it appears Thais use (and my mother when I was a kid used) - a hot water bottle at Tesco Lotus for THB165. Comfortting to see the design hasn't changed in 50 years.

BTW, as of course things change I am not surprised that the report from 2007 that a poster got one at Bangkok Christian is now not useful. My guess is a visit to a medical supply store will bring results.

Edited by hermespan

Fascino pharmacy on West entrance of SIRIRAJ HOSPITAL has sane brand and model I mentioned in previous post, for THB1500, plus a jumbo one (40 X 69) for 2500. Also cheap Chinese gel-filled electric ones that look like they might last 2 weeks. THB350. Good selection of ice abd hot water bottles though. Including a mini more suited to my knee fir THB85

small well-stocked busy AC pharmacy on same street (shop # 949 Arun Amarin, fluent boss w/ hairlip) has very same Korean one for 1200.

Still hunting for good value Chinese or European.

Should you feel inspired to give yourself, a loved one (or an enemy) an enema the health food store on the corner of AA and Wang Lang has all the supplies a non anally-retentive hobbyist could possibly want. Killing two birds with one stone the affable proprietor (retired US car mechanic) stocks radiator caps too. Thar she blows!

Edited by hermespan

Down the road from victory monument towards the hospitals there are several big shops that have about everything from hospital beds to sticking plaster, they should have what you want.

walk down there you cant miss them they have plenty of wheelchairs, beds etc outside.

The Mrs has a small heat pad which I seem to remember she got from one of them.

Randomly, I found one in a computer store here in Chiang Mai, Panthip Plaza this week. 220 baht,plug in, hot in 2-3 mins and stay hot about 7 hours! Brilliant. I know you said you are in BKK but a computer store with other bits and pieces may be worth a look.

Or google making one.

Fill a sock or something more suitable with grain (rice etc) and heat in m/wave.

Good luck - id wonders forf my lower back pain

Randomly, I found one in a computer store here in Chiang Mai, Panthip Plaza this week. 220 baht,plug in, hot in 2-3 mins and stay hot about 7 hours! Brilliant. I know you said you are in BKK but a computer store with other bits and pieces may be worth a look.

Or google making one.

Fill a sock or something more suitable with grain (rice etc) and heat in m/wave.

Good luck - did wonders forf my lower back

Oh, and I was advised to take 400mg Ibuprofen 3 times daily with meals as opposed to my spasmodic use of it for pain. Apparently the effect is cumulative so a regular dose is better but someone here who knows more may explain better.

• 1 year later...

I finally found one after searching for months... only 1,600 THB at Akne Pharmacy near Nana BTS station... I also highly recommend this pharmacy for their English and professionalism in the midst of all the shady places in this area of Sukhimvit. The brand name is Exeter... I think made in Thailand. It came with a warranty and there is an actual service center... Samaphan Service Center 02-948-4888.

The pharmacy informed me they used to carry cheap Chinese (aka CRAP) brands but were afraid for their clients' safety as they were more than likely fire hazards. This one is extremely high quality and can even get wet. For those worried about price, you must have more time than money to continue your search... I would spend much more than 1,600 baht per month on massages to deal with my back and neck pain... now can cut out most of the massages thanks to heating pad :-)

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy the cheap plastic bag that holds water , then put hot water in . I use this and in many ways better than heating pad . I did not want to spend 1700 on something I just use when I have injury but if you have chronic condition maybe heating pad worth the investment ?post-202056-14391938312189_thumb.jpgpost-202056-14391938532819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lumbini

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, TMNH said:

Can you please offer where this can be purchased? Thank you :) My GF has neck problems and I am looking for solutions.

If by this you mean an electric heating pad, prior posts have listed pharmacies in Bangkok where people found it.

You can also get online  https://www.lazada.co.th/exter-thermo-pad-extra-10238374.html

If you mean the hot water bottle pictured in the last post, any pharmacy should have, show picture on your phone to help them understand what you mean