50,000 Baht Reward

Maejo Man

A reward of 50,000 Baht is offered for information leading to the aprehension and conviction of the people that cleaned my house out in the early hours of sunday morining.

Most of the items stolen wouldn't be offered for sale to the farang community, but you never know.

Computer, with dual racked HD's P4 3GHz 512MB memory, GE Force graphics card. DVD CD RW. DVD CDR Four slot cad reader in the front of the unit. Acer 19" LCD Monitor. Option DVD player.

The list is far too extensive to post here, however there was one item that was unique, and if seen could lead to an arrest.

It was a baseball style jacket in sky blue silky material, with press studs in the front. Red and white elasticated wrists and waist band, and on the back is emblazened the logo similar to the one pictured below. To my knowledge it is the only one in Thailand, and sooner or later some Thai hoon will not be able to resist wearing it as he tears along on his bike.

If seen, and you are in a position to call. please call me with the details on 01-8841384 Sooner or later it will surface!!!

Many thanks...MM

post-7622-1148530978_thumb.jpg

Where would the burglars get rid of this stuff? second hand shops? pawn shops? (there's one near CM gate I think) the flea market along huay kaew rd.? Might be worth you having a butcher's hook.

good luck

So what was the MO of the robbers? were you home at the time? Is this a detached house? or condo?

Did anybody see something suspicious? any suspects?

This is the third break in to farang houses in the area in as many months, and if I had been home it wouldn't have happened. They entered by breaking a small window in the front of the house, and must have used a young person to gain entry as the hole was very small. See below......

post-7622-1148542682_thumb.jpg

in which area of CM do u reside ? no closed community with frequent security patrols by the community's guards ? I have seen so many nice houses for rent in CM lately for as low as 3.500 Baht a month, but I always wondered if it would be safe to live at such a place as a Farang....

Sorry to hear about that.

I'm curious to know if you have a dog guarding the house?

No Penzman, I don't she left some years ago :o No seriously, I was joking, if you can't joke at a time like this well.......

often thought about one, but because of my business, it's almost impossible. If one takes on the responsibility of buying a dog, they need someone around them all the time, and that just isn't possible. Thanks for the thoughts.

in which area of CM do u reside ? no closed community with frequent security patrols by the community's guards ? I have seen so many nice houses for rent in CM lately for as low as 3.500 Baht a month, but I always wondered if it would be safe to live at such a place as a Farang....

Wat Jed Yod area AW, and just a pleasant Thai area with no security.

Wat Jed Yod area AW, and just a pleasant Thai area with no security.

Not to sound as a smart ass and I truly feel for the OP, but if I'd live in a townhouse the first thing would be an alarm system. I'm the lucky owner of two homes in Italy and both have an AS, one is located in a remote area and it's one of the few not "visited" so far (knock on wood).

As you can imagine a loud siren in a remote location doesn't necessarily stop a thief from breaking in.

So I "developed" a plan. I built 5-6 fake cameras , some metal box with a fake cable and a smoked glass and I bought some camera warning sign.

They work great and obv. nobody knows my little secret :o

Again sorry to hear what happened , I'll keep my eyes peeled for that jacket

one of the computer robbers. i thought the cops had a group arrested sometime last year. our shop got robbed too. just the com and whatever came with it. they left the heavy CRT though but it was a high spec com. definately students and most likely to sell it to some dealer in ICON, Computer Plaza. or one of those IT centers. I'd recommend browsing some of these centers next few days and see if anything found there. there were cases of some stolen computers found there according to the cops who came. we even had the forensics team came in. am sure they been monitoring your movements lately. sorry to hear about it MM. wish u had better luck than this to happen to you.

will look out for the jacket though. surely find someone wearing it around chiang mai.

Close community with security guard might not be 100% secure, as some break-in are carries out by the guard that work with crooks, as what happened in my estate. The only way to slow down the break-in is to install iron grille on all windows together with security camera and alarm, as suggested by Khunmarco.

Close community with security guard might not be 100% secure, as some break-in are carries out by the guard that work with crooks, as what happened in my estate. The only way to slow down the break-in is to install iron grille on all windows together with security camera and alarm, as suggested by Khunmarco.

now if u were renting a house, how would you spend that much of money on an alarm system and iron grills? costly, don't you think so. but hey yeah, its a lot safer.

now if u were renting a house, how would you spend that much of money on an alarm system and iron grills? costly, don't you think so. but hey yeah, its a lot safer.

I agree with the iron grills, but a wireless alarm system is not very expensive and it can be installed easily and removed when necessary.

I don't know if they sell it here , in Italy a decent one is not more than 400-500 euros, nothing fancy but it will do.

Dont discard the idea of the fake cameras and the signs of warning. Cheap cheap and effective.

Among 100 houses to choose from, they won't bother to verify wether your system is good enough :o

edit: whoops , just seen the post of Maverick...same same

Edited by KhunMarco

Well that door is obviously a problem - hate to say it, but you need a solid door without glass. Also Cameras/Alarm system even if fake isnt a bad idea.

Sorry for your loss mate - hope the bastards are caught.

Thanks for that mate. I did have a camera, and that was nicked too! :o As for the door. the glass panes are 300mm x 320mm wich is roughly a foot square, and the one they broke still had some glass in it reducing it further. They must have had a trained ferret or a young kid to get in there.......

As a Reminder, those who needed to rent new places the first things they must look is the security fixture.

Well that door is obviously a problem - hate to say it, but you need a solid door without glass. Also Cameras/Alarm system even if fake isnt a bad idea.

Sorry for your loss mate - hope the bastards are caught.

Thanks for that mate. I did have a camera, and that was nicked too! :o As for the door. the glass panes are 300mm x 320mm wich is roughly a foot square, and the one they broke still had some glass in it reducing it further. They must have had a trained ferret or a young kid to get in there.......

Friend of mine had security problems, so he took out one small pane of glass and placed a 10 baht note on a steel plate just inside the window (wired into the electrical system of course). He did lose the ten baht note but the word went around the neighborhood quickly. I set up a similar electrical trap years ago and invited a few kids in to show them how I was going to electrocute the next thief.

I disconnected the trap as soon as they left and have never had a problem since. We leave the house unattended sometimes for a year at a time...no problems.

...Ken

Sorry to hear about this..its saddening in a City with so little crime. I will keep my eye out for that jacket too.

This is the second sad story in a week . A friend of mine had 650,000 Baht stolen from his house along with the safe it was in. He had only put it there a few hours earlier and just popped out, when he got back it was gone!

Sad indeed, that was the best part of his profit for the year.he had so much cash as he gets paid in foreign currency and had just had it converted to Baht and was about to take it to the bank that afternoon.

B@stards

TP

This is the second sad story in a week . A friend of mine had 650,000 Baht stolen from his house along with the safe it was in. He had only put it there a few hours earlier and just popped out, when he got back it was gone!

Thanks TP, and sorry to hear about your friend, it seems to be a sign of the times. As I said earlier, this is the third major robbery in the immediate area in three months. A farang was cleaned out a couple of months ago only 200 metres away.

The eyes are surely peeled. Printed a copy of the logo and will keep it in the car.

You have my sincere condolences.

A safe in Thailand is not a "safe" in British terms. They are far too light and not nearly strong enough. UK insurance companies do not recognise them as having any security.

If you have a locally made safe, you MUST ensure it is bolted to a strong floor [/b]AND[/b] wall, otherwise it is next to useless.

The eyes are surely peeled. Printed a copy of the logo and will keep it in the car.

You have my sincere condolences.

Thanks p1p. The logo might be slightly different to the one shown, but will definately have the letters U.S.P.S.A. in bold also the DVD letters. You really can't miss the jacket as it's that gaudy hence being in the wardrobe for some time.

Sooner or later someone will not be able to resist wearing it, but of course he might not be the original thief :o but might lead to the culprits. Only time will tell.....

Sorry to hear about those thieving little XXXXX. I have also asked the missus to look out for a similar jacket.

Thanks Chuchok we might get them yet :o While I was cleaning up I came across an old photo of the said jacket. A lousy photo and it only just shows part of the red white and blue logo on the back. I was giving my daughter a hug at the time :D and with the aid of my new computer I've done my best to enhance it...MM

post-7622-1148626983_thumb.jpg

. A friend of mine had 650,000 Baht stolen from his house along with the safe it was in. He had only put it there a few hours earlier and just popped out, when he got back it was gone!

Sad indeed, that was the best part of his profit for the year.he had so much cash as he gets paid in foreign currency and had just had it converted to Baht and was about to take it to the bank that afternoon.

B@stards

TP

my first thought: the money changer had an accomplice follow you home, or someone 'hanging around' the bank watching for people withdrawing/changing large sums of cash.

my second thought: a relative of the missus

Edited by Loaded

Slept most part of the day only to find the front door wide open, forgot to lock it this morning and the wind blew it open. I can always rely on my dog and it's soi friends, no one approches our house or the neighbour's without the dogs barking.