Doctor For Retirement Visa Medical Clearance

roamp

Can anyone suggest a doctor that can give me a cheap and quick medical clearance for my retirement visa, without running a blood test for every infectitous disease from elephantitis to advanced syphilis (like my US physician wanted to do). I'd sure appreciate any advice. I stay near Tha Phae Gate.

It is my understanding that you must get this check at a hospital. Clinics are not accepted. I have used Lanna Hospital on the Superhighway 3 times.

You walk in and tell them what you want; they check your blood pressure and then a nurse takes you to a new outpatient section. A doctor asks you a couple questions, and he then fills out a form. All very polite I might add.

My visits have usually lasted about 15 minutes. One time he did look at my legs. The cost was about 80 baht.

Yup, this is VERY fast and straightforward in Thailand. Do not do this at home where they might actually think this is a medical thing, whereas here every hospital knows it's a legal thing and the (very basic) health information they have to confirm.

Last time I got one was when making a driver's license.. Did it at "Dr Wong hospital" because it's so small and you're out of there in 10 minutes and with a cost of 50 baht or so. :o

Don't pick a fancy hospital or one that takes itself too seriously, so don't pick Ram or Mc Cormick.. Just pick a hospital that's convenient from where you are.

If you pick Dr Wong hospital, it's in a soi off Charoen Muang Road (cross the bridge from Thapae Road outbound, then it's a right turn at the second traffic light intersection. (Third if you count the traffic lights right at the end of the bride). Then it's on the left hand side.

The place looks very 'sixties' but just perfect for this kind of thing.

Cheers,

Chanchao