"1 Million Baht" Burglary at Central Pattaya Hotel

webfact

"1 Million Baht" Burglary at Central Pattaya Hotel

hotel-6.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday morning Pattaya Police were called to a Central Pattaya Hotel where a reported 1 Million Baht burglary had taken place.

Police met with Khun Jintana aged 38, the Manager of the Florida Hotel in Soi Skaw Beach Hotel in Central Pattaya, who directed Police to Safety Deposit Boxes located at the reception area. 15 boxes, including the Hotel Manager’s box had been forced open and items of value had been taken.

A security camera fitted on the ceiling in the reception area was found to be inoperative and according to Khun Jintana, she had left the reception unmanned between the hours of 2am and 8am and went upstairs to sleep. When she returned to work at 8am, she noticed the rear door to the Hotel had been forced open and the boxes had been broken into.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/117521/1-million-baht-burglary-at-central-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-06

Is it normal practice for the nightshift manager to sleep during her shift leaving the reception insecure? Where did she study for her degree in Hotel Management?

Just googled the place and it looks like a cheap seedy little dive.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Is it normal practice for the nightshift manager to sleep during her shift leaving the reception insecure? Where did she study for her degree in Hotel Management?

What degree?

Just look at the photos...not even a dive...a dump. Who in their right mind would use a safety box in such a place?

• Like 1

Security camera not working cheesy.gif no surprises there

Why would people take gold necklaces and diamond rings on holiday, and then put them in a reception safe ? and, stay in a cheap hotel ?

Who puts mobile phones in the safe ? all 5 of them cheesy.gif

This story is not believable !

And who takes a laptop on holiday and puts it in the hotel safe ?

How could the manager estimate the value of the contents of the 15 safety-deposit boxes ?

Oh I forgot This Is Thailand !!!

This story's almost as funny as the "exploding toilet" post where the unfortunate crapper got poo-blasted

Edited by Pattaya28
  • Like 2

Wow - she seemed to have a pretty good idea of just what was in those boxes:

"An estimated value of stolen goods totaling more than 1 Million Baht was quoted to Police Investigators who were told that 2 Laptop Computers, 5 Mobile Phones, 2 Gold Diamond Rings, and 6 Gold Necklaces had been stolen, to the best of her knowledge."

I'm guessing that they only had 15 guests at the time, and that's why only 15 of the 30 boxes were broken into (in a shop-house hotel that has between 16-20 rooms according to various sites).

From the pattern of opened boxes, it looks like the thief knew which ones to go for (maybe from the guest register). Not to mention that looks like a very crappy, home made, shelving unit with locking doors on the front and probably a sheet of tin screwed onto the back.

Sheesh, for 550(+) a night, rent an serviced apartment !

CSI Thaivisa, with our sharpest investigative brains, has quickly scrambled into action to help Pattaya's laughable Keystone Cops. Hmmmm, a much more difficult case to solve than a simple murder-by-balcony-push: we got a nightshift manager, multiple locked boxes, security cameras. But, it proved no match for the team. Case closed; cuff her and jail her.

Next: tea money.

• Like 2

Security camera not working cheesy.gif no surprises there

Why would people take gold necklaces and diamond rings on holiday, and then put them in a reception safe ? and, stay in a cheap hotel ?

Who puts mobile phones in the safe ? all 5 of them cheesy.gif

This story is not believable !

And who takes a laptop on holiday and puts it in the hotel safe ?

How could the manager estimate the value of the contents of the 15 safety-deposit boxes ?

Oh I forgot This Is Thailand !!!

This story's almost as funny as the "exploding toilet" post where the unfortunate crapper got poo-blasted

"Why would people take gold necklaces and diamond rings on holiday, and then put them in a reception safe ?"

Many people do that just because they want to, and they put them in the safe hoping that they will be secure.

"Who puts mobile phones in the safe ?"

Those who don't want to risk losing them on the street, maybe to pickpockets?

"And who takes a laptop on holiday and puts it in the hotel safe ?"

Have you ever seen a laptop that would fit into that size of safe? Perhaps they were stolen from the hotel reception/office?

"How could the manager estimate the value of the contents of the 15 safety-deposit boxes ?"

Perhaps the renters of the boxes were asked for the value of the contents?

What degree?

The School of "One Star Pattaya Hotel Management"

Just look at the photos...not even a dive...a dump. Who in their right mind would use a safety box in such a place?

As usual our resident thai apologist is blaming the victims for using the hotel safety boxes. Where was your reply to the thai man that was murdered and his 75,000 baht gold necklace and money stolen ? Where is your "WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND" comment ?

If you really want to leave your valuables at the hotel , hide them under the bed, much safer than a "hotel" safe in the reception.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I smell there's something very fishy going on with this hotel.

1. At booking.com the you can't make reservations any more at Florida Hotel. Asking one of my good friends at Booking.com to take a look in their files. Florida Hotel never ever paid their bills since they joined Booking.com.

2. Also at Agoda it is not possible to make a reservation with them. I don't have contacts with Agoda.

3. Also all other hotel reservation sites stopped with the Florida Hotel.

4. A security camera that didn't work.

5. 12 out of 30 lockers broken open. Why not all 30 lockers?

6. How did the thieve(s) now where to look?

7. A hotelmanager that went upstairs to sleep while on duty and starting to work at 8 AM.

8. How did the hotelmanager know what is missing from her guests?

Have the Pattaya's laughable Keystone Cops taken fingerprints at place delict?

If you ask me, I would say 99% chance of an inside job.

Edited by FredNL
  • Like 1

1. At booking.com the you can't make reservations any more at Florida Hotel. Asking one of my good friends at Booking.com to take a look in their files. Florida Hotel never ever paid their bills since they joined Booking.com.

2. Also at Agoda it is not possible to make a reservation with them. I don't have contacts with Agoda.

7. A hotelmanager that went upstairs to sleep while on duty and starting to work at 8 AM.

Fishy?

1. Nothing fishy about that. Not every hotel in the world is on that site.

2. Nothing fishy about that either. Not every hotel in the world wants to be on that site.

3. Nothing fishy about that either.

4. Not fishy, many things in many places just don't work.

5. 15, not 12. Perhaps only 15 were in use?

6. The safes not being used were probably unlocked.

7. Not fishy necessarily, maybe her shift finished at 2 am. It doesn't say she was on duty.

8. Maybe she asked them?

I doubt that the police have to answer to you about their procedures.

99% chance nobody is asking you, thank goodness, you don't seem to have too many answers.

It did not take long for the usual "blame the victims" but not if they are thai

Fishy?

1. Nothing fishy about that. Not every hotel in the world is on that site.

2. Nothing fishy about that either. Not every hotel in the world wants to be on that site.

3. Nothing fishy about that either.

4. Not fishy, many things in many places just don't work.

5. 15, not 12. Perhaps only 15 were in use?

6. The safes not being used were probably unlocked.

7. Not fishy necessarily, maybe her shift finished at 2 am. It doesn't say she was on duty.

8. Maybe she asked them?

I doubt that the police have to answer to you about their procedures.

99% chance nobody is asking you, thank goodness, you don't seem to have too many answers.

1. Or pays their bills

2. Maybe, but more probably as #1

3. More probably as #1

4. Probably not pay to get them fixed

5. They could see there was nothing in the supposedly unlocked boxes

6. So they locked them after the robbery, I doubt the box doors would stay closed unless locked.

7. Probably the receptionist went short time with a guest as hotel not pay her either.

8. Ha Ha, please sir, how much you put in your box?

So next time receptionist asks you to list what you put in you safety deposit box, best find another hotel.