Would either of these items (both together) allow for direct application for license?

Two years teaching experience in Korea, late 90s. No way to verify this but do keep in contact with two former teachers if they could remit letter on my behalf? OH! I could provide copies of the visas from my pp way back when perhaps??

License in country. I had past CBEST (99), held California substitute credential for five years. Have paperwork for all.

In my experience, people who have a license from another country do not get one in Thailand. In my experience, people who have license from China or South Korea do not get one in Thailand, based on that license. As a matter of fact, I know a teacher who is from a European country, graduated from a British University and then taught in the US for a number of years. He had a teacher's license from a US state, but he was not granted a Thai TL, (he didn't have a degree in education).

But nobody knows for sure what goes on in the little rooms at the Teacher's Council, so it is worth a try.

• Like 1

Teaching experience in itself does not fulfill the requirement.

A valid teacher's license (not provisional) from your home country will give you a permanent teachers license after 1 year of teaching in Thailand. I needed to do the Thai Culture course after 1 year before I got my permanent license. Not sure if they still have that requirement.

I know people who have passed Praxis 1 and 2 tests, that was accepted for the Thai Teacher's License.

If you only have a BA degree (any subject), that is enough for the temporary license which can be renewed.

Edited by zeichen

Scott post # 2.

But nobody knows for sure what goes on in the little rooms at the Teacher's Council, so it is worth a try.

Going by my experiences over the years Scott I have serious doubts as to whether those characters in that little room at the Teachers Council actually know what is going on, or if in fact that particular room and its presumed occupants too are actually on this planet.cheesy.gif

it-compliance-secret.png

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1