How low can you go, monthly budget cost

JASON THAI

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason it is now pushing eighteen months since you opened the thread, when would your ETA be and have you delayed it due to possibly rethinking your budget?

Hi Rott, I have not delayed, when I started the topic I want to see some what answers I would get and if needed to redo my budget, now fast forward 18 months, I have 1 internet business setup with a profit of around 60k (Baht) a month, but I will need to pay for people to look after this in the UK when I am in Thailand so hopefully looking at a steady 30K per month coming in so only need about 10k per month from my savings to take me up to 40k per month which I think will be fine for all of us, as I now need to take less from my savings this will mean I will have around £30k backup fund for any problems and this amount will increase by £4k per year as now I will be using less from my savings to live on.

Just working on my second Internet business which hopefully will bring in enough per month for holidays & going out, so it's looking good, tickets booked to fly one way on November 4th, I will still be keeping a tight budget as I think it is important to set yourself a budget and live within your means otherwise you will end up with problems later on in life so it's best to keep an eye on what you are spending.

Best of luck to you mate, there is much in what you say about sticking to a budget, but I think your original figure would have led to an uncomfortable lifestyle though I am sure there are others doing it on the same or less.

Speaking of which I have not seen an update from canary sun for a while, possibly still saving for the third class fare to Chang Mai.

Jason it is now pushing eighteen months since you opened the thread, when would your ETA be and have you delayed it due to possibly rethinking your budget?

Hi Rott, I have not delayed, when I started the topic I want to see some what answers I would get and if needed to redo my budget, now fast forward 18 months, I have 1 internet business setup with a profit of around 60k (Baht) a month, but I will need to pay for people to look after this in the UK when I am in Thailand so hopefully looking at a steady 30K per month coming in so only need about 10k per month from my savings to take me up to 40k per month which I think will be fine for all of us, as I now need to take less from my savings this will mean I will have around £30k backup fund for any problems and this amount will increase by £4k per year as now I will be using less from my savings to live on.

Just working on my second Internet business which hopefully will bring in enough per month for holidays & going out, so it's looking good, tickets booked to fly one way on November 4th, I will still be keeping a tight budget as I think it is important to set yourself a budget and live within your means otherwise you will end up with problems later on in life so it's best to keep an eye on what you are spending.

I applaud you, Jason . A realistic, sound and thorough budgeting analysis.

You did mentioned somewhere of having some safety cash as back up, just in case. Medical emergencies depending on the gravity can be a bummer.

Thus I urged you to fattened up that piggy a wee bit more for contingencies.

Other than that, you and the family will be fine. Tight, but not choking :)

All the best!

Cheers

Something you have to be aware of is exchange rates. In the last year as Canadian I have lost close to ฿15,000 a month, and as I did not have that much discretionary money to begin with it has made a difference. However I believe the baht is going to drop quite a bit in the next couple of years, but who knows, it could go the other way.

Archived