Drugs, phones airdropped by 'drone' into Thai prison

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must mean that the likes of Pizza Company have been slow to implement this technology ;while the Underworld have jump ahead of time to meet “rising customer demand”.

You may have stumbled onto an amazing marketing idea with that suggestion.

I can see it now "...so that's two Hawaians, a Meat Lovers, 2 Garlic Breads, one large fries, to be delivered to N 12° 55' 39.2988", E 100° 52' 30.9684". Have the missus outside waving her knickers so we can judge the windspeed and direction. Your delivery will lift off in T-minus 5,4,3...........

4 grams of crystal meth., more real. I remember there was a smuggling attempt , or success , partially, from Holland/Belgium into the UK with homing pigeons with a few grams of powder, (forget which), back in the 80's or 90's. Cute little backpacks well, under packs actually; kinda fell down on the homing bit though , as they like to stop for a rest and were spotted. Or did I dream that?

The helicopter was thought to cost 1 million baht?? Where do they get these numbers from!

Looks like a 700 size helicopter, with a Naza flight controller for autonomous flight and an FPV setup to see where it is going. Shouldn't cost even a tenth of the "experts" estimate.

I have a gps drone, it will fly up to 5km's away and then return along a programmed flightpath, steaming video to my ipad as it goes. A lot of fun for looking down on jungle, rivers etc. Mine is not up to carrying anything though.

how much are the approx. costs of such a set?

4 grams of crystal meth., more real. I remember there was a smuggling attempt , or success , partially, from Holland/Belgium into the UK with homing pigeons with a few grams of powder, (forget which), back in the 80's or 90's. Cute little backpacks well, under packs actually; kinda fell down on the homing bit though , as they like to stop for a rest and were spotted. Or did I dream that?

I know in Berlin they used small birds (don't know the English, but these colorful small ones that every third grandma has) to smuggle.

They learn the people and where they get food. I got told it was very easy to train them....

AleG really knows his stuff on this topic by the way. It is defiantly a 700 size machine which fitted out is $3-5k USD, depending how excited you get.

I am wondering how they expected though to have vision & controll once it dropped below the walls?

<deleted> the Thai Visa headline of drone and a image of a Lego man has to do with it is also <deleted> ?

This is not a Drone or Lego.

Edit: 4kg form the machine in the pic, I call TOTAL BS. Impossible

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

When these things become the security concern they will eventually and inevitably be, and LE, prison guards, personal security, secret service, etc., start blasting into the air to shoot them down, should we be worried about where all the rounds that miss are going to land? 'Somebody going to invent a mini-stinger??

The helicopter was thought to cost 1 million baht?? Where do they get these numbers from!

Looks like a 700 size helicopter, with a Naza flight controller for autonomous flight and an FPV setup to see where it is going. Shouldn't cost even a tenth of the "experts" estimate.

ive seen similar looking ones for 1000 usd ............someone writing this crap

held their finger on the zero key a bit too long :D

When these things become the security concern they will eventually and inevitably be, and LE, prison guards, personal security, secret service, etc., start blasting into the air to shoot them down, should we be worried about where all the rounds that miss are going to land? 'Somebody going to invent a mini-stinger??

Give the guard at the prison tower a 12 guage shot gun , easy enough to shoot it down ,its moving a lot slower than a clay pidgeon

Perhaps you could describe physically how big a 700 size toy helicopter, flown by a Nazi is then for us non experts.

a remote controlled helicopter worth more than a million baht used to deliver phones and drugs in the prison was abandoned 150 m from the prision......

well i find that a lot of information is missing from this report...

and why the hell is there a LEGO helicopter in this article?

Because, you are welcomed to Lego land . I mean Thailand. Now the detective and all the bib , prison officers can get a medal for solving the puzzle. They caught the pilot - Lego Man . They can now lock up Lego man . Case closed. They will then interogate Lego man to catch the co- pilot Lego girl and get promoted .

Perhaps you could describe physically how big a 700 size toy helicopter, flown by a Nazi is then for us non experts.

Naza, N-A-Z-A, is the brand of the flight controller installed in that helicopter, I can tell by the distinctive GPS dome mounted on the tail boom. A 700 sized helicopter is around a meter and a half in length and weights around 4kg and can easily lift another 4kg.

[yt]

[/yt] Edited by AleG

I have a gps drone, it will fly up to 5km's away and then return along a programmed flightpath, steaming video to my ipad as it goes. A lot of fun for looking down on jungle, rivers etc. Mine is not up to carrying anything though.

how much are the approx. costs of such a set?

Having a bit of experience with RC gear, drones and toys.. And a buddy who does drone video work.

I am curious what technology allows video streaming over a 5km distance ?? Does the drone have 3G Tx function because thats a new one for me.

Few 100m yes, 5km not seen it.

Having a bit of experience with RC gear, drones and toys.. And a buddy who does drone video work.

I am curious what technology allows video streaming over a 5km distance ?? Does the drone have 3G Tx function because thats a new one for me.

Few 100m yes, 5km not seen it.

This guy is doing it out to 27 miles (43km) and estimated theoretical of 120 miles (192km) with an RC plane. http://singularityhub.com/2010/12/21/breath-taking-aerial-video-footage-from-new-york-city-taken-by-a-rc-plane/

Obviously not your typical amateur equipment and custom built but doable to my surprise also.