Universities closing to get ready for ASEAN ?

talisman01

I have heard from Thai teachers in different parts of the country that some (all?) universities are set to close for around six months in the near future in order to prepare for ASEAN.

Has anyone else heard about this ? If so, when is it going to happen ? Is it every university, or just certain universities ?

Talisman

The semester ends in a few weeks and won't start in June like normal but will start End of August. There will most likely be extended summer classes though.

The worst part is that next year classes will be held during the hot season and then interupted for SongKran. Personally, I think that it is a huge disaster in the making but we will have to wait and see.

The semester ends in a few weeks and won't start in June like normal but will start End of August. There will most likely be extended summer classes though.

The worst part is that next year classes will be held during the hot season and then interupted for SongKran. Personally, I think that it is a huge disaster in the making but we will have to wait and see.

A break for Songkran will not make any difference. Many western universities have breaks in April.

"A break for Songkran will not make any difference"

Most likely their midterms will be the week after Songkran. Western universities don't have midterms in the same way that Thai universities do.

But yes in the grand scheme it isn't that big of a deal compared to sitting in class during the hot season.

All US universities that I know of have mid-terms and a break around April... Ever heard of spring break???

Thousands upon thousands of US College students heading to the beaches for fun in the sun and other general debauchery...

https://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/[/http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CWMcMurray

Australian Universities generally work a 2 semester year with each semester being 12 study weeks a two week or so study break and an exam period.

each twelve week is dived into three 4 week blocks with a weeks break between each, One of these blocks usually coincides with easter so the period of the study break for this is adjusted and often made a bit longer.

Australian Universities work most public holidays but not easter,

Edited by harrry

Sawasdee khrap,

'

A friend of mine had just started at Rajabhat Ubon R and signed her contract. They do actually start their new term in June. wai2.gif

Australian Universities generally work a 2 semester year with each semester being 12 study weeks a two week or so study break and an exam period.

each twelve week is dived into three 4 week blocks with a weeks break between each, One of these blocks usually coincides with easter so the period of the study break for this is adjusted and often made a bit longer.

Sorry, but wasn't the question about Thai universities?-coffee1.gif

And if you remember your own comment was that :"Western universities don't have midterms" which is demonstratably incorrect.

And if you remember your own comment was that :"Western universities don't have midterms" which is demonstratably incorrect.

Excuse me , Sir. I had never ever in my life given such a statement, which is demonstratively correct. Call me a liar, please.-wai2.gif

Excuse me , Sir. I had never ever in my life given such a statement, which is demonstratively correct. Call me a liar, please.-wai2.gif

Sorry I got confused with who was saying what. The poster in question was zeichen. Which does not negate the fact that it was a reply to a relevant post in this topic. I will not call you a liar. I will however point out that it is not you who dictate the scope of the conversation..

Edited by harrry