Banks in Pattaya where i can rent safety deposit box

flakes

Hi Flakes,

I inquired about that about six months ago and it seems all the safe deposit boxes in the major banks in Pattaya are rented out. There are a few private safe deposit boxes available. I saw an ad on Soi Bukkhao, but I'm not sure how safe those safe deposit boxes are.

Bangkok seems to be the best bet. There are safe deposit boxes available in most major banks.

Good luck

• 6 months later...

I would suggest you to have a look at http://www.siamsecure.co.th . They are on Pattaya Klang, have 24 / 7 security and are open 7 days a week to 10 pm. I had a locker in Jomtien but I moved my stuff to here because this one seems much much safer. Getting a safe deposit box at the bank is a nightmare. Ive tried before and wasted 3 full days for it. Not worth the trouble and to be honest, I wouldnt have it any other way than I have now.

Edited by DeeMak9
  • Like 2

I would suggest you to have a look at http://www.siamsecure.co.th . They are on Pattaya Klang, have 24 / 7 security and are open 7 days a week to 10 pm. I had a locker in Jomtien but I moved my stuff to here because this one seems much much safer. Getting a safe deposit box at the bank is a nightmare. Ive tried before and wasted 3 full days for it. Not worth the trouble and to be honest, I wouldnt have it any other way than I have now.

Yes, but this is a private company and you have no idea who is behind it and it's unlikely to be subject to anywhere near the same legal standards and regulations as a bank? Personally, I would never entrust my valuables to a private company.

Yes, but this is a private company and you have no idea who is behind it and it's unlikely to be subject to anywhere near the same legal standards and regulations as a bank? Personally, I would never entrust my valuables to a private company.

......and I dont like the rates section where it says "Insurance coming soon".....!!

......and I dont like the rates section where it says "Insurance coming soon".....!!

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

What you banging your head for mate............

Just out of curiosity, if you can't get a safety deposit box at a bank, then where would you keep your valuables? Under the mattress?

There was a private company opened a "secure" storage facility like safety deposit boxes in Jomtien at the bottom of Soi what boon next to the new second road, six months later they had disappeared ! Not sure if anyone lost anything. A friend tried for months round all the banks in Pattaya to rent a safety deposit box but each time the sorry was the same, all rented out!

There was a private company opened a "secure" storage facility like safety deposit boxes in Jomtien at the bottom of Soi what boon next to the new second road, six months later they had disappeared ! Not sure if anyone lost anything. A friend tried for months round all the banks in Pattaya to rent a safety deposit box but each time the sorry was the same, all rented out!

I, and several others, have found it also to be a pointless exercise so far at least.

Just would not use a private safety deposit box anywhere here - maybe I'm overly cautious but..............

T.T. Currency Exchange has some branches around town w/ safety boxes. It's in Bangkok as well. B500 a month for a small one, 1 year contract.

I have looked inside a TT Exchange vault for security boxes and it looks pretty safe to me.

--http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/734450-news-from-one-of-bangkoks-safety-box-services/#entry7987365

TT Exchange looks a bit dodgy though with those exchange units, if that new company really have 24/7 security I would consider that one. Feels a bit more safe for me but nobody have any reviews?

As for TT, changing money has been a good business in PTY, and it's a chain, so less likely to go out of business I'd assume. Also having THEIR money around too should imply a consideration for security. I don't really know anything about either place, however, and I don't have a box anywhere. It would be interesting to have more info on the new company.

Just out of curiosity, if you can't get a safety deposit box at a bank, then where would you keep your valuables? Under the mattress?

i do have a safety deposit box at a bank so i have never needed to think about that question. But needing to chose between entrusting valuables to the care of a totally unknown ( and UNREGULATED )entity versus keeping them myself would not take me long to decide ermm.gif

http://bedgunsafe.com/

Edited by Asiantravel

i do have a safety deposit box at a bank so i have never needed to think about that question. But needing to chose between entrusting valuables to the care of a totally unknown ( and UNREGULATED )entity versus keeping them myself would not take me long to decide ermm.gif

http://bedgunsafe.com/

Some years ago a Pattaya go-go bar owner thought similarly. Changed his mind after being held at knifepoint and forced to open his home safe to hand over B2 million.

• Like 1

I've had the same frustration as others trying to procure a safety deposit box from a bank. Half the banks didn't even know what I wanted after describing a safe deposit box. Anyway I gave up.

Couple of years ago several people recommended this place in Jomtien. They've been around several years and I'm comfortable with them.

http://www.safe-storebox.com/

I've had the same frustration as others trying to procure a safety deposit box from a bank. Half the banks didn't even know what I wanted after describing a safe deposit box. Anyway I gave up.

Couple of years ago several people recommended this place in Jomtien. They've been around several years and I'm comfortable with them.

Isnt this one DeeMark was referring to it as well, the website looks really different if compare it with the siam secure one.

Anyhow, will check out both myself soon and will leave a review inhere as well...

At least I read they offer the services below as well :P

TAXI-LIMOSINE SAFE DRIVER

We have properties for sale and rent also

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a box here for about a year. Price and service are good. The reason i choose to use the one on pattaya klang is because of the safety. Theres only a glass window between the boxes and outside in Jomtien. At siam secure its a 30 cm reinforced wall , and the price is the same I believe.

In the past, people have recommended a law firm that offers this service. Might be worth checking that option.

Maybe you are referring to Magna Carta law firm, located across from CAT, on S.Pattaya Rd.

They have keyed boxes...1,000-Bt/year., but access only during business hours.

But, I was told by the staff they are okay for documnets, but not for storing any funds!

The latter made me concerned about safety!

Ive had a box here for about a year. Price and service are good. The reason i choose to use the one on pattaya klang is because of the safety. Theres only a glass window between the boxes and outside in Jomtien. At siam secure its a 30 cm reinforced wall , and the price is the same I believe.

I dropped by there the other day and it does look pretty good.

Seems mailboxes are coming soon as well.

This is in the "Land of the Free".

The US State of Georgia just passed a law for bank accounts with no activity for more than one year. They seize them.

I'd say try Singapore or Austria.

Edited by jaywalker

This is in the "Land of the Free".

The US State of Georgia just passed a law for bank accounts with no activity for more than one year. They seize them.

I'd say try Singapore or Austria.

How is this relevant?

Well, if the (theoretically) most 1st world country on the planet can seize your assets at their whim, what's to stop a Banana Republic from doing so?

Under Martial Law every 5-10 years at that!!!!

The video explains the "Safety Deposit Box" issue. I just mentioned the new Georgia law as an afterthought.

Seems relevant to me.

===========

Oh yeah @JSixpack, no offense Brother.....NOT picking at you, but it's amazing how some folks stick their heads in the sand. Not saying you do.....I should have explained myself better.

Cyprus & Greece just confiscated retirement funds over the past few years.

Argentina has defaulted on its debt 2 times in 13 years. Thailand did the same in 1997.

When a government goes broke, they raid assets.

Singapore has a fairly decent debt to GDP ratio as compared to other countries = unlikely to raid private funds for "The Good of The State".

LOS has just emerged from a major debacle (err....might be emerging). I'd much rather pay the 180 baht ATM fee to grab some cash in LOS than keep anything of serious value in a Thai "Safety" deposit box.....OR a USA "Safety" deposit box.

Just sayin'.......

Edited by jaywalker

Well, if the (theoretically) most 1st world country on the planet can seize your assets at their whim, what's to stop a Banana Republic from doing so?

I don't see the "whim." Overly strict rules, yes. The vid referred to bank accts w/ no activity for 3 years. Thai banks will close your account after a year or so of a very low balance.

Cyprus & Greece just confiscated retirement funds over the past few years.

Argentina has defaulted on its debt 2 times in 13 years. Thailand did the same in 1997.

Foreigner retirement funds are at risk? wink.png

Did Argentina seize private (legit) assets?

Thailand didn't default.

Singapore has a fairly decent debt to GDP ratio as compared to other countries = unlikely to raid private funds for "The Good of The State".

That's a good point for the well-heeled. The average member here ain't gonna find it worthwhile to run down to Singapore every time he wants to open his safety box.