Banks in Pattaya where i can rent safety deposit box

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Entrusting your valuables to the safekeeping of a legal firm

Some years ago a Pattaya go-go bar owner thought similarly. Changed his mind after being held at knifepoint and forced to open his home safe to hand over B2 million.

So true. But you gotta cover all the bases. After years of reading postings from our sharpest members with the best advice, in 2014 I distilled the collective wisdom into the now-classic shrewd, stree

Hi Flakes,

I inquired about that about six months ago and it seems all the safe deposit boxes in the major banks in Pattaya are rented out. There are a few private safe deposit boxes available. I saw an ad on Soi Bukkhao, but I'm not sure how safe those safe deposit boxes are.

Bangkok seems to be the best bet. There are safe deposit boxes available in most major banks.

Good luck

• 6 months later...

I would suggest you to have a look at http://www.siamsecure.co.th . They are on Pattaya Klang, have 24 / 7 security and are open 7 days a week to 10 pm. I had a locker in Jomtien but I moved my stuff to here because this one seems much much safer. Getting a safe deposit box at the bank is a nightmare. Ive tried before and wasted 3 full days for it. Not worth the trouble and to be honest, I wouldnt have it any other way than I have now.

Edited by DeeMak9
  • Like 2

I would suggest you to have a look at http://www.siamsecure.co.th . They are on Pattaya Klang, have 24 / 7 security and are open 7 days a week to 10 pm. I had a locker in Jomtien but I moved my stuff to here because this one seems much much safer. Getting a safe deposit box at the bank is a nightmare. Ive tried before and wasted 3 full days for it. Not worth the trouble and to be honest, I wouldnt have it any other way than I have now.

Yes, but this is a private company and you have no idea who is behind it and it's unlikely to be subject to anywhere near the same legal standards and regulations as a bank? Personally, I would never entrust my valuables to a private company.

Yes, but this is a private company and you have no idea who is behind it and it's unlikely to be subject to anywhere near the same legal standards and regulations as a bank? Personally, I would never entrust my valuables to a private company.

......and I dont like the rates section where it says "Insurance coming soon".....!!

......and I dont like the rates section where it says "Insurance coming soon".....!!

facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

What you banging your head for mate............

Just out of curiosity, if you can't get a safety deposit box at a bank, then where would you keep your valuables? Under the mattress?

There was a private company opened a "secure" storage facility like safety deposit boxes in Jomtien at the bottom of Soi what boon next to the new second road, six months later they had disappeared ! Not sure if anyone lost anything. A friend tried for months round all the banks in Pattaya to rent a safety deposit box but each time the sorry was the same, all rented out!

There was a private company opened a "secure" storage facility like safety deposit boxes in Jomtien at the bottom of Soi what boon next to the new second road, six months later they had disappeared ! Not sure if anyone lost anything. A friend tried for months round all the banks in Pattaya to rent a safety deposit box but each time the sorry was the same, all rented out!

I, and several others, have found it also to be a pointless exercise so far at least.

Just would not use a private safety deposit box anywhere here - maybe I'm overly cautious but..............

• Rimmer locked this topic