How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

David48, on 13 Feb 2014 - 15:48, said:

For a Thai perspective ... an recommendation of Bt5,000 per month when there is a child involved.

Bt15,000 is WAY OVER THE TOP ... just a thought and a Thai perspective.

Though, we would need to see a photo of the both of you together to make a realistic suggestion.

You are spoiling us, Mr Ambassador.facepalm.gif

• Like 2

The figure of 15k must have been agreed upon and now extra costs are being incurred which were not accounted for at the outset.

Determine if the extras are deemed necessary and fixed then include it in a new agreement.

To say partially supporting means something has now changed

My nieces both have MBAs, one works for the Nation Newspaper and one for a Law firm earn B15,000/month in Bangkok which would be the going rate for a normal well educated Thai. A woman friend of ours gets B30,000/mth each from 3 Farang "Husbands" (married in the Ghost Ceremony only). This is quite common in Thailand and does involve some quick thinking on her part, when more than one "husband" arrives in Thailand at the same time.

Edited by Estrada
  • Like 1

I give 75,000 per month, I wanted her to give up work so I pay her instead.

She gave me a good deal, considering what she used to earn being the number one superstar in Baby GoGo, she has taken a cut in pay.

Oh yeah ... I remember her.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 2

We allow my wife's niece 25K a month while she's at university up in Khon Kaen which includes digs, books, to run a scoot and a fun, comfortable lifestyle which is what university is all about in spite of what academics seem to think....

When we were deciding/debating this issue I thought 25K excessive for a young single lass not in BKK but better that, than she looking for alternative methods of funding her studies which is the wife's big (huge) fear. I also felt that by not having financial worries would allow her the peace of mind to really hit the books. If she gets bad grades then Uncle HD is going to have to put her across his knee and give her a spanking....

When the wife and I retire (not too far off) she will be the earner of the family (we hope) so will take up the reins of financial responsibility from us, her Uncle and my in-laws, all of who both recently retired so for us we see it as an investment albeit one for the good of the family.

• Like 2

OMG! Have you seen how much things cost in Thailand? The rent, the food, the beauty products, the night out with a friend, the transportation, the family needs, etc. 15,000 baht wont cut it, she needs at least 45,000baht to get by per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And this from a Thai female, what a surprise.

• Like 2

How long is a piece of string?

it is really all about what was she doing before getting married. As a husband our job is to make our wife's life better but not prefect.

I would think sending money to make her life but her family better is the goal

you send your wife? you mean you are the sponsor kind of, in thailand once or twice per year for a month? find out if there migh be another couple of farang with same sponsorship deal

big suspision of TROLL or ghost writting

Edited by belg

To answer your question. It's never enough.

To be more specific. If she lives in the northeast, then 10,000 is enough. If she lives in the north, around 10k as well. Same goes with the South. If on the other hand, she lives in Bangkok, then 20000 is enough. This is for basics, food, rent, utilities, travel costs, misc.

It also depends whether she has a job herself or whether she has a hobby or whether she needs continuous medical care. It's a really generic question you are asking, without additional infrmation it's difficuly to pinpoint a number.

• Like 1

It's quite enough. When I was in my home country, a couple of years ago, I'd send 10.000 a month. Today 15k isnt that much but quite enough to get by on. If she really needs more then she would have to get a job.

Sent from the Appie Tappie

You dont tell if you married to this lady fore sometime here in Thailand.And hawe you meet the family of here?I make to my wife and son dotter about 20000b per mounth before and that they can make it on.I am lucky now my wife get a workpermit in my homecoutry so she also get a better life.I hawe pay fore the children get a good school.And the family newer ask for money.Now the dotter get master degree and make here money 15000b mounth and can pay back fore the family.You most now if hawe wife here from village you can make it on 15000b.Its not the same if you stay in south there cost to mutch fore living,When you get a home and dont need to pay fore rent you can make a good life even if money little

I never understand these posts..!! If you were married in your own country, would you keep all your wages and give your wife an allowance?

I budget a monthly escape fund, stashed in U.K (escape for both of us, in case the country really goes South) and the rest goes into our joint acc as do her wages...

Sounds to me like you are paying to say you are married to a Thai girl and not in a 'marriage' at all...

• Like 2

15K seems pretty similar to the 10K a month i used to send my wife when i was away for 9 months on a contract a few years back.

She earnt 10K + herself in a department store, a Bangkok shop girl with 20K in her handbag, is fine.

I would send her the money and let her budget, and dont send any top-up's.

...duh...figure it out...

...a basic monthly salary is 9000 baht....(if you're very lucky)...

...so...15000 baht a month is almost 2 monthly salaries......

....that is around $500....so at least a week's salary for you...???

....on what basis should you be sending her anything....???

...married...children.....agreements....???

...is this love or is it payment or payout....???

I send my Thai wife about 15k baht a month. Is this enough? She always spends it quickly and always needs more for something such as for her family back home. I don't want to be a lousy provider but I'm also not made out of money. How much is enough? FYI, she was never a bar girl if that's what you're thinking. Just a normal Thai lady.

A normal Thai lady don't get paid every month to stay with her man

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2