How much is enough for the wife's monthly allowance?

zierf1

The minimum wage in Thailand is 300 baht a day... 300x30 is 9000 baht per month. A lot of Thai's with families are earning only that so if you are sending her 15000 a month to sit on her backside she is doing very well thanks very much.. TELL HER TO GET A JOB....

Well, I guess being a wife is her job. So I pay her. Seriously, how is any man going to get & keep a woman if he doesn't have any money?? I've tried to spot some homeless guys with women but no luck yet..

• Like 1

What sort of wimp needs to ask others, if he's giving his wife the right amount of money?

The OP doesn't live in Thailand, so he may not know the cost of living here.

My MIL can live happily in a village (in her own house) and with 3,500bht a month is considered quite wealthy.

How much OP gives her (as David pointed out),

Depends on where she lives, how young and pretty she is, and how old and ugly the OP is.

• Like 2

I never understand these posts..!! If you were married in your own country, would you keep all your wages and give your wife an allowance?

I budget a monthly escape fund, stashed in U.K (escape for both of us, in case the country really goes South) and the rest goes into our joint acc as do her wages...

Sounds to me like you are paying to say you are married to a Thai girl and not in a 'marriage' at all...

In the UK your wife can easily get a judge to redivide your home and wages, so a different matter entirely.

• Like 1

The minimum wage in Thailand is 300 baht a day... 300x30 is 9000 baht per month. A lot of Thai's with families are earning only that so if you are sending her 15000 a month to sit on her backside she is doing very well thanks very much.. TELL HER TO GET A JOB....

Well, I guess being a wife is her job. So I pay her. Seriously, how is any man going to get & keep a woman if he doesn't have any money?? I've tried to spot some homeless guys with women but no luck yet..

Having money is not the same thing as paying your wife a monthly salary to stay with you ;)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Depends on which wife.

Mia Luang - cover costs of her Mercedes, beauty treatments, lunch appointments, business failures

Mia Noi - cover her costs for Mini Cooper, Swensens and shoe addiction

Gig - just give her dinner and a good seeing to once a week

• Like 1

How do men find themselves in these ridiculous situations?

How does a man seriously get it into his head that he's gonna come to LOS, meet a girl, fall in love, tie the knot then go back to the West and send a stipend every month when he has no freakin' clue what she's doing with the money??

I mean, is it just the type of men Thailand attracts because I know I could paint this picture to any of 10 perfectly ordinary, straightforward guys back in London who would cut off their own choppers before putting themselves in this situation.

One more for HS,

And in the UK I know a hundred lonely, but not necessarily single, men who would happily send a young Thai girl far more money every month in the expectation and lifestyle fantasy of a young Thai girl to have sex with on every visit.

I also know loads of UK guys who had boats and holiday villas that cost them a fortune, but they never really had time to use them. It's all about expectation and fantasy, and maybe a little about boasting.

But there's no real need for that, is there?

If that's what a guy wants why not just land at Swampy and have at it?

Why take a contract when you can pay as you go?

Even if you feel compelled to take a contract, do you really need to marry her?

The more I try to make sense of this by tying in real world perspective, the more I realise that far from being extraordinary for not engaging in these types of extended paid relationships that seem to be all the rage here, I'm actually pretty <deleted>' normal.

Normal guys back in the real world get laid/ have relationships/ get married/ have giks without paying.

Yes I know the saps will pipe up with the time-honoured classic "you pay one way or the other" but that's just a tired old excuse they kid themselves will effectively rationalize what it is they do over here.

Hey, if it's true we pay one way or the other, tell all your friends and family that you're out here at 50+ years old smashin' 18 year old farm girls in thigh boots; I'm sure all your peoples will just shrug and say "cool".

I wonder just how true are these anecdotal stories.

One above states one girl is getting 3 * 30k / month.

So one "husband" is paying 360,000 Baht/year.

Supposing he takes three months holiday each year to be with "distant wifey", that is around 4,000 Baht for each day's "pleasure" spent with the one girl.

What a total waste.

In Patters he could have at least 200 women over those three months, a twin pack every night.

• Like 1

Having money is not the same thing as paying your wife a monthly salary to stay with you wink.png

Sharing your income with your wife isn't "paying" her for a "job". In my case if my wife worked I would have to spend more time at home taking care of our son, I would work less. Basically if my wife worked we would have less money.

We share the budget and yes as my family's provider that does involve me transferring money to her account. Does that mean she is a "salaried wife"? No, that is a concept I am not familiar with, I'm afraid. Does she "sit around all day doing nothing"? Nope, while I work she takes care of all the other stuff and I can assure you there is a lot to do.

She comes from a low-income country, asking her to work doesn't put us on the same level if I earn in 2 days what she would earn in a month. It isn't fair and the "tell her to get a job" thing isn't always relevant.

Of course I'm talking about an actual life partner here, not someone just met last week.

Sharing your income with your wife like you describe is a completely different thing. Most men that I know do that. It's not the same thing as sending a specific amount every month to a Thai wife in another country. I don't belive you have to ask in an internet forum how much of your income you should share either. I suppose you and your wife can decide that ;)

I never understand these posts..!! If you were married in your own country, would you keep all your wages and give your wife an allowance?

I budget a monthly escape fund, stashed in U.K (escape for both of us, in case the country really goes South) and the rest goes into our joint acc as do her wages...

Sounds to me like you are paying to say you are married to a Thai girl and not in a 'marriage' at all...

I bet deep down the OP knows its all about the money and if paying more for his wife will increase the chances of her not dumping him. Why else do you think he is asking?

Pressure from all angles to give more [baht]? Very likely.

Once you start paying an allowance, a monthly stipend or whatever u like to call it, it's there for the duration [Vat and service charge excluded]

Edited by Straight8
  • Like 1

How does a man seriously get it into his head that he's gonna come to LOS, meet a girl, fall in love, tie the knot then go back to the West and send a stipend every month when he has no freakin' clue what she's doing with the money??

I mean, is it just the type of men Thailand attracts because I know I could paint this picture to any of 10 perfectly ordinary, straightforward guys back in London who would cut off their own choppers before putting themselves in this situation.

well said

OMG! Have you seen how much things cost in Thailand? The rent, the food, the beauty products, the night out with a friend, the transportation, the family needs, etc. 15,000 baht wont cut it, she needs at least 45,000baht to get by per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

you are too funny

• Like 1

the issue isn't if the man has money or not.

but believe it or not, some farangs actually take the time to find a real wife/companion/girlfriend here.

many of us date and marry professional women with their own careers and therefore have there own income and often come from self families that have their own money and are quite self sufficient.

A man having money or not having money should not be the basis of the relationship.

your statement is the typical kind of nonsense you here from all the other losers that end up paying for love here and then try and tell everyone that "this is the norm"

next you will be telling everyone "it's thai culture"

well i guess maybe supporting women financially is "the norm" or "thai culture" for people like you.

• Like 2

I don't pay my wife anything. She has her own business and I own the business fixtures and pay the rent on the building. She pays me based on the amount of sales she makes. If she makes no sales or little sales, she loses. She could do nothing and make nothing. I would, then, find someone who was interested in really running the business. As it stands, she is ambitious and does a good job. Consequently, I do well also.

• Like 1

well said

I'll second that

My Thai sister in law and her husband's joint monthly income is 25k, they have a house, car and 1 child as an example.

An awful lot depends WHERE she is living, if she is running with a Hi-So wannabe pack in Bangkok, then 100k wouldnt cut it,

If she is running with other hookers and partying in Phuket or Pattaya, then no 50k wouldnt cut it, but may make her cut down on clients a little.

If she is a normal girl from a typical Thai town or village, she is taking the piss !

My opinion, no matter what the circumstances, you shouldnt be paying her ANYTHING, she wouldnt have it if you werent there, unless she's on her back, so why should she get it for sod all from you ? Wake up man !

You make a lot of post on eweryside in forum and talk fore people how to do,but do you now your one life????

You could ask your dad if he had to pay your mom to stay with him .

15k/month? It’s depending of the individual situation and life-style, same-same bargirl or not…! thumbsup.gif

For example, living in a rural Isaan village in the family home with no child?

Presume around 5,000/month will do…

Living in rural Isaan village in the family home with a child?

More likely 8,000 to 10,000/month – add some 4,000/month per child…

Living alone away from family home in a rented place, study or no work?

Depending of rent and costs 15,000-20,000/month seems fair…

Working and living away from home in a rented place?

Some benefits for extras 5,000/moth, more if child/children/support family…

Contributing to family at home?

Depending of how much, but 3,000 to 5,000/month may be fair to add…

When living a higher life-style, then at least double the amounts.

Many “ifs”, if don’t know details.

Presume making a budget may help finding the right amount.

Before I could settle here I wanted my GF to learn/study (more) English and computor (Word, Excell etc.), and of course I needed to provide for that. We made a budget together – or rather I did and she commented if she could live on it.

Posts to concern about can for example be:

Rent for home/room/bungalow etc. (fx 8,000/month)

Tuition fees; study iso working (fx. 7,000/month)

Daily allowance for food etc. (fx. 200/day = 6,000/month)

Extras like telephone card, clothes, and time out with friends etc. (fx. 2,000/month)

Transportation, motorbike rent + gasoline, public transport (fx. 3,000/month)

Child/children to support (fx. 4,000/month each child)

Family to support (fx. 3,000/month)

Together the posts can easily sum up to 30,000+/month…

Only yourself – or yourself and your GF together – can judge if 15k seem fair.

I have two friends sending money to GF in village. The one sends 5k/month (two grown-up kids) smile.png ; the other sends 40k/month (1 child about 7yo) plus all the extras coming up all the time, like money for a new motorbike, money for a new house for mum, money a new car for her, money for two baht more gold – presume next will be regular school fees for EP or International for a couple of kids… w00t.gif