openSUSE 13.1_i586 GNOME (32-bit GNOME)

Razer64

Howdy! Linux newbie here, just found this forum and thought I'd stop in and say hello.

I'm visiting Nakhon Pathom, near KU, and just started with Linux about a month ago. I've tried many installations already, but it is this one: openSUSE 13.1_i586 GNOME (32-bit GNOME)--that I like best so far.

Also, I need some computer parts. Does anyone know where to get some parts for a laptop in this country? It's an old DELL Latitude D531 that's in perfect condition, only it needs the wireless part. The previous owner took it out. Have no idea why. Anyway, I'm looking for some parts? Any tips?

Yeah, I know my machine is old and you want to make fun of it, and I'd really love to have a newer 64-bit machine... But when visiting foreign countries, I've always found it best to leave the good stuff at home. If anything happens--no loss.

The WIFI component in most modern notebooks has the same interface. I had an old Lenovo netbook which didn't had WIFI 811-N support so I removed the wireless module from a death Acer notebook and worked pretty good... Of course you need to install the drivers for the new module but that was no problem as my linux distribution saw the new chipset directly...

• 2 weeks later...