The Lost Housing Estate.

sceadugenga

We have one of those lost resorts out our way. It has a few old A frames which are clearly suffering from neglect. It has a real ghost town feel about it. Someone had big dreams but it turned into a nightmare, I guess.

Rainbow+Sky++004.jpg

Rainbow+Sky++005.jpg

Maybe he realised too late that he wasn't in Switzerland.

• Like 1

Maybe a result of the meltdown in the late 90,s .Saw a lot of high rises and condominiums just stop dead .

That is a nice building block with the views. Wonder how you would trace who owned it to buy.

Maybe the property has:

ผี
p̄hī
"ghost" in Thai

It probably has a few. Then in that case it should be cheaper but being Thailand it will not be.

If everybody who has died since the beginning of time becomes a phi , then almost every square metre of Thailand would have their resident phi .

Edited by xen
  • Like 1

Maybe a result of the meltdown in the late 90,s .Saw a lot of high rises and condominiums just stop dead .

That is a nice building block with the views. Wonder how you would trace who owned it to buy.

We thought that ourselves, friends were looking for land in the area this year and it would have suited them if they had not already decided on a nearby block.

Lands Office can give you the owner's details. All public record.

Yes, many such abandoned projects. There's also an abandoned 5 or 6 story building near Hi-Ek, about 300 meters south of the King Mengrei statue. It could be made in to a half dozen condos, but alas, it's supporting vines and shading a few cars which get parked underneath. One drawback is, even if it got finished, it would have very little parking available.

Chimneys?

faux chimneys.

So you got me thinking Scea, that I had not been to the ghost resort for quite some time, and perhaps I should take a ride in that direction. They have cleaned up a bit but things are still very quiet. One shot shows some of the infrastructure. The other is a closeup from the back. There are also many empty, overgrown cul-de-sacs which lead to know where, so clearly someone had big plans and spent a lot of money before things went bust.

Resort++002.jpg

Resort++001.jpg

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

The same day we went for a drive around the housing estate on the road that runs past the white temple from the Super highway to the old Chiang Mai road.

It's quite interesting with a lot of very nice houses, some for sale... we saw one with a sold sign... and also plenty of building blocks.

It's been there for a long time and I got the feeling that it's not been quite as successful as the developers would have hoped.

Perhaps a bit far out of town?

Edited by sceadugenga

We thought that ourselves, friends were looking for land in the area this year and it would have suited them if they had not already decided on a nearby block.

Sceadu

I showed my wife the picture and she got that look in her eye... I said no way no more villages !!!! And beside that I like where we are now as we are very close neighbours . heheheh.So I will see you in late march ..

Kevvy

Village Farang, you have a real gift with a camera in your hand....lovely atmospheric pics....

There is a very eerie abandoned estate off the canal I sometimes walk on near King Kaew road in Bang Phli though they started doing up a few last year. The locals claim it's haunted but in truth by nothing more than squatters, soi dogs and snakes.

• Like 2

I wonder how Victoria Village is doing on the road to Canary Coffee and Kun Korn WF. A couple of those places close to where I live, Buffalo Hill area???

I also wonder how much "saving face" bears in the owners disposing of the property quick when it is a no go.

Canary Coffee is still operating, I did a thread on it recently Scorp.

We went there Friday but it was closed while they resurfaced the roads.

Victoria village has been closed for a while.

I went to Canary a few days ago as well. Wife for flowers, me for bird.

Scorp, you raise an interesting question about wierdness, and thank you for that question ;-)

but isn't this a question simply about a farang not understanding the property development market, which may (or may not) be going on under their noses.

And really I have met several of the contributors to this forum, and they really do not have the dosh, not that I blame them for that,to engage in that business....

Edited by ajarnsiam

Scorp, you raise an interesting question about wierdness, and thank you for that question ;-)

but isn't this a question simply about a farang not understanding the property development market, which may (or may not) be going on under their noses.

And really I have met several of the contributors to this forum, and they really do not have the dosh, not that I blame them for that,to engage in that business....

you really need a lot of "dosh" to engage in this business.

kevvy

It's nothing to do with money kevvy, it's about playing catch up with certain members here.

You must have missed the deleted posts. wink.pngwhistling.giflaugh.png

I must have missed the deleted posts too as I am at a total loss of what the heck this was about. One minute we were discussing the curious nature of abandoned housing projects and then... Edited by scorpio1945