BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
dekbannok

Why Most Restaurants In Chiang Rai Serving Foods

Dear Limbo:

Many thanks for your diplomatic response. I hope every one read my initial posting very carefully. In the title, I said "most" restaurants and "all" restaurants. I also gave credit to quite a few of the restaurants mentioned and their special dishes etc...Therefore, they were not ALL NEGATIVE comments as claimed by a certain idxxt!

Dekmai

Gentlemen, gentlemen!

Put these ingredients on a plate, try to eat them with chopsticks

and see if they fill the belly (=old Islandic wisdom).

Being a hobby cook myself (I just succesfully microwaved a stuffed bean-curd soup which I bought fresh in Big C a couple of days ago) I felt that the title of Dek's thread is indeed a little bit harsh towards my professional colleagues here in town.

As I regularly consume the results of their cooking myself I felt in a way declassified to pigstatus.

It might have been a similar sentiment which was the bearer of Mymechews wordings.

We support our local cooks!

Let us embrace one the finest virtues in Thai culture: To avoid confrontation!

Limbo :o

PS: "Being a dek mai in CEI certainly deserves no bully ... from someone like you I believe only a few months older than me".

The first part of this statement is absolutely true, but the second isn't.

Dear Limbo:

Many thanks for your diplomatic response. I hope every one read my initial posting very carefully. In the title, I said "most" restaurants and "all" restaurants. I also gave credit to quite a few of the restaurants mentioned and their special dishes etc...Therefore, they were not ALL NEGATIVE comments as claimed by a certain idxxt!

Don't let us put salt on snails!

Whoever Mymechew is, he is certainly not an idiot. He is one of my most respected friends in this town. The same town we all choosed to live. So let us be nice to each other!

You lived in Hongkong and Bangkok, big towns. There you can, sitting anonymously in your car, put up your middle finger to strangers. In Chiang Rai however you are going to meet them a thousand times.

PS: I told my befriended cooks not to poison you when you show up :D

whats all the fuss about,why does everyone want to put the boxing gloves on nowadays, even just talking about noodle shops and restaurants.surely we have all got the nouse to follow the crowd and then make our own minds up,for me i followed the noodle crowd 15 years ago to the shop opp thai inter, and for beef noodles you wont get any better than the shop about 200 metres past the clock tower on the right hand side(formerly opp edisons )for me what makes theese 2 shops stand out is the stock they make for the soup and over the years the many many friends i have had a lunchtime bowl of noodles with in theese 2 establishments, some times waiting patiently ouside for a seat proves to me that you cant get better than the best. i would just like to mention a little kao soi shop out of the way so you cant follow the crowd but this woman makes the best kao soi in chaingrai(in my opinion)the way she makes the curry, its cavier compared to the dish water they serve at the big c and what value for 15 baht, the shop is 150 metres off the highway soi 7 rimcock side (behind the 3 furniture shops and the esso garage) most times if you go after 12-30 she has sold out .

dont no much about the restaurants in chaingrai has i live on the outskirts and dont go in much in the evening plus the fact i married the best cook in chaingrai anyway

Ya, I agree with you Limbo. CEI is such a small town that if we are not nice to each other, we will end up having the entire population as enemy.

I stated in my posting that I was not a greedy gut and to be called one was not acceptable. So you see I did not start this melee.

No, I will still be nice to Mymechew if I meet him. I said he was a few months older tham me in this forum and not my actual age.

dekbannok :D

Dear Limbo:

Don't let us put salt on snails!

Whoever Mymechew is, he is certainly not an idiot. He is one of my most respected friends in this town. The same town we all choosed to live. So let us be nice to each other!

You lived in Hongkong and Bangkok, big towns. There you can, sitting anonymously in your car, put up your middle finger to strangers. In Chiang Rai however you are going to meet them a thousand times.

PS: I told my befriended cooks not to poison you when you show up :D

Dr.Limbo, jai yen yen.....everything will be ok....

khun dekbannok...think before post (i didnt mean ur post is bad but as u r adult try to avoid to say things that can be taboo here or racist or insulting ppl) thats all then we can live happily here in a small town....

----Peace----

Dear Dekbannok,

I started my career here at Thaivisa by being banned :o

I am looking forward to your future postings.

:D:D:D

Limbo :D

PS: Dek, did you open that bottle of Dimple already?

Thanks Unknown_User!

Do you think Soap noticed that you talked about the same places which also are his favourites?

And mentioned the Thai names 'Nua woa Lod yiem' and 'Na Korn Phatom'?

But what about the third one?

Soap wrote:

i would just like to mention a little kao soi shop out of the way ... but this woman makes the best kao soi in chaingrai(in my opinion) .... the shop is 150 metres off the highway soi 7 rimcock side (behind the 3 furniture shops and the esso garage) most times if you go after 12-30 she has sold out .

And you wrote:

one more for Kaw soi noodle... there is a small resturant that have kow sai kai and kow soi nue (chicken and beef) ,located on the way to Mae fah luang university, around Baan den area. they serve good taste of kaw soi and not expensive .... (i didnt go there for ages...but i would like to eat there again....)

Do you think it might be the same shop?

Hey, Limbo:

My bottle of dimple is not yet opened as I am waiting for you to share it with me!!!

I am hoping to see more sense of humor and tolerence in this forum in future. I have almost decided to declare quitting this forum if it were not for you such an understanding moderator.

No, I think Soap has mentioned a place for beef noodle about 200m from the cloack tower I have been trying to find. I have other friends who have recommended. The kao soy place she mentioned is also new to me as the place behind Wang Kham hotel is not 15baht but 25b or 30b. I will check it out. Thanks, Soap. I love noodle and have it almost everyday. Favorite is Japanese Sapporo Miso Ramen I cook at home as I have not come across any in the local restaurant. And of course Phat Thai, Lat Na.

Dek

Dear Dekbannok,

Here is Chiang rai , a small quiet town in Thailand. Not Ittaly or France.it is impossible to have exactly the same real taste for farang foods,unless u r open ur own resturant and cook by not hiring Thai chef. Just eat it...the result is the same..it will digest after a few hour ..then u will see its same!! same same!!!!!!!!

...and the award for the lamest post of the year goes to....

Digestion: the GREAT LEVELER :D

(Except notice how some foods from some street vendors put a "kick" into that digestion process? And the end result is "same, same -- but different?" I am sure applies in Chiang Rai, too. ) :o

Edited by toptuan

The title of this thread is offensive and insulting to a lot of ppl here in C.Rai.

It serves no useful purpose to customers and proprietors alike :o:D

ummm...i think not the same place @ Dr.Lim coz i didnt noticed any esso garage there.. or maybe i need more glasses? let me check again when i have chance to go to town and pass that place...

ummm...i think not the same place @ Dr.Lim coz i didnt noticed any esso garage there.. or maybe i need more glasses? let me check again when i have chance to go to town and pass that place...

Mr Soap's cheap kow soi is here

post-21591-1148986439_thumb.jpg

About 1/2 kilo north of the 2nd stop light over the bridge.

If you are a Kow soi lover, the best in town is at the Santiburi golf course, but you won't be getting it for 15 bt.

Beside: my drive not show birdview....

Edited by unknown_user

Dear Dekbannok,

Banned , who's banned.

Not another moron trying to wield the axe and say I'm super moderator..

I know one of these guys, I think he's in ..... but he thinks he's still in ..... and if he bans enough people then he gets his ass licked by another feeble minded dribbler with a post count, the same as the number of bar persons in Pattaya.

Limbo banned.........never.

-------------

Tayto, this same Limbo (who was banned for a week for good reasons) is going to ban you personally if you present us this dribble again. Why not get yet your harvester out of the stable again?

What happened here in this topic? Did the aggressive title make you aggressive as well?

This topic seems to be about ego's for Dekbannok and you, which was the reason for me to close it.

Limbo.

Edited by Limbo