VIDEO: German guy weds his Thai boyfriend with THB1 million dowry

webfact

VIDEO: German guy weds his Thai boyfriend with THB1 million dowry
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Just one day before Valentine’s day, Enno Konec, a 53-year-old meat exporter from Hanover, Germany, wed his 26-year-old boyfriend, Prasert Akra, in his hometown in Chanthaburi province.

The wedding was traditional and both families attended. Enno presented the boy’s family with gold and money worth THB1 million.

As dowry is usually given to the bride, we guess Prasert will take the housewife role after all.

Prasert reveals he met Enno online and they’ve been involved in a long distance relationship for three years. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/18/video-german-guy-weds-his-thai-boyfriend-thb1-million-dowry

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-02-18
  • Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... congratulations to the happy couple!

? Right? Not sure what else is there to comment.

I got married two months ago and didn't get my own Thaivisa topic. Feeling a bit deflated now.

I can understand how you must be feeling Winnie crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

But why this is news is beyond me, I apologise but I am going to have go and throw throw up (i.e. spew) laugh.png

• Like 1

I thought Sin Sod was a one way street, how on earth was the payment conclusion made ? Surely not cos a farang ''millionaire'' was involved for that conclusion.

Apparently, according to Coconuts, it's something to do with "honour" to his family...

"Enno decided to give him the Thai traditional wedding of his dream as an honor to his family."

What does "honour " here mean? Does anyone know?

I got married two months ago and didn't get my own Thaivisa topic. Feeling a bit deflated now.

I can understand how you must be feeling Winnie crying.gif.pagespeed.ce.kh9vLpJQkU.png

But why this is news is beyond me, I apologise but I am going to have go and throw throw up (i.e. spew) laugh.png

So large parties make you feel disgusted?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought Sin Sod was a one way street, how on earth was the payment conclusion made ? Surely not cos a farang ''millionaire'' was involved for that conclusion.

Apparently, according to Coconuts, it's something to do with "honour" to his family...

"Enno decided to give him the Thai traditional wedding of his dream as an honor to his family."

Just sounds like a nice earner to me.

Just sounds like a nice earner to me.

Yes, no doubt! But if there is any truth to this "honour" thing, what would be the "shame" to his family, if this man were not to receive a Sin Sot?

Edited by Morakot

But did you pay 1 Million Baht Sinsot?wink.png

What? A miserable million?

A decent guy marrying a Thai lady would give at least three times that and welcome.

Would take on a Huge family, all needing help, and be grateful.

However, can we hope that despite the Media coverage, they will live happily ever after.

This story is just sensation, to sell, make profit.

How about the media expose corruption, or something like that - what their job really is?

A decent guy marrying a Thai lady would give at least three times that and welcome.

You forget this " </sarcasm> " at the end of your post, right?

But did you pay 1 Million Baht Sinsot?wink.png

However, can we hope that despite the Media coverage, they will live happily ever after.
This story is just sensation, to sell, make profit.
How about the media expose corruption, or something like that - what their job really is?