VIDEO: German guy weds his Thai boyfriend with THB1 million dowry

webfact

What? A miserable million?

A decent guy marrying a Thai lady would give at least three times that and welcome.

Would take on a Huge family, all needing help, and be grateful.

You forget this " </sarcasm> " at the end of your post, right?

So... congratulations to the happy couple!

Not at all, it is better to give than to receive.

When you are one of the few lucky people, giving is easy, causes no stress.

Should you have limited funds, give them all and say up to you.

Then you will see a lady take care of you real we'll.

It's hers, she takes care. Simple.

You go along for the ride, and what a ride......

? Right? Not sure what else is there to comment.

I got married two months ago and didn't get my own Thaivisa topic. Feeling a bit deflated now.

But did you pay 1 Million Baht Sinsot?wink.png

What? A miserable million?

A decent guy marrying a Thai lady would give at least three times that and welcome.

Would take on a Huge family, all needing help, and be grateful.

However, can we hope that despite the Media coverage, they will live happily ever after.

This story is just sensation, to sell, make profit.

How about the media expose corruption, or something like that - what their job really is?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you will see a lady take care of you real well

Should you have limited funds, give them all and say up to you. Let go.

Let's

Let's hope the village boys aren't sent to Boystown by their parents now. sad.png

hope the village boys aren't sent to Boystown by their parents now. sad.pngI

More like the'village people'................i expect the music was YMCA...................sorry but things like this turn me.......so the German is relieved of 1 mill, you can't say he's a tight arse ...LOL no wonder all the family were dancing, mind you he looked happy...................

a case of frankfurter export ..........................German sausage does well in Thailand ............................

I thought Sin Sod was a one way street, how on earth was the payment conclusion made ? Surely not cos a farang ''millionaire'' was involved for that conclusion.

Apparently, according to Coconuts, it's something to do with "honour" to his family...

"Enno decided to give him the Thai traditional wedding of his dream as an honor to his family."

What does "honour " here mean? Does anyone know?

Just sounds like a nice earner to me.

Yes, no doubt! But if there is any truth to this "honour" thing, what would be the "shame" to his family, if this man were not to receive a Sin Sot?

30 odd years ago, I gave my father in law a Hershey's bar and a pair of socks (real cotton) as a sin sot for the hand of my wife.

I would have divorced my wife years ago, if my father in law had gave me a refund.

Great, now the Thai Girls are going to expect more dowry...angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

After all, if a foreigner can cough up a million for one space, bah.gif

then a foreigner going for three spaces should pay more, wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

will be their reasoning, if they are clever enough to translate it out...

We can only hope not. facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

I thought Sin Sod was a one way street, how on earth was the payment conclusion made ? Surely not cos a farang ''millionaire'' was involved for that conclusion.

Apparently, according to Coconuts, it's something to do with "honour" to his family...

"Enno decided to give him the Thai traditional wedding of his dream as an honor to his family."

Just sounds like a nice earner to me.

Yes, no doubt! But if there is any truth to this "honour" thing, what would be the "shame" to his family, if this man were not to receive a Sin Sot?

30 odd years ago, I gave my father in law a Hershey's bar and a pair of socks (real cotton) as a sin sot for the hand of my wife.

I would have divorced my wife years ago, if my father in law had gave me a refund.

Thank you for that, what?

Let's hope the village boys aren't sent to Boystown by their parents now. sad.png

In the interests of gender equality and fairness in supporting the extended family, why not?

Maybe if more boys were sent away to brothels to support their lazy families, then when they grow up to be fathers they would have more sympathy for their own children....

Not really....

where's the beef.....giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

I was at a Catholic wedding on Valentine's Day (no, I'm not Catholic,. my friend is) and the priest mentioned this story in his sermon as an example of sinful practise, contrasting it to the pure life of the couple he was marrying. It's nice to read so many positive comments to this story, and although it shouldn't be the case that this is big news, it's also nice that it CAN make the news. Times are slowly changing.

moneyboy caught big fish. Family happy with money. I feel sorry for the German...cannot see behind the smile and what the younger guy is really after, and got sucked into the trap. Most likely.

I think you've crossed a line. Moneyboy means prostitute. Is a woman who marries a foriegner always a prostitute? You don't know that he was/is a prostitute. I see no indication that he is. Yes, there is likely major economic imbalance in the relationship. That's very common, especially with big age differences. I'm not suggesting being a sex worker is the worst thing in the world, but it IS insulting to label someone that without evidence. Many Thai gay men who are NOT sex workers are seeking relationships with foreigners.

Edited by Jingthing

May there be years of happiness ahead for them. smile.png

And lots and lots of pillow biting....

I've noticed that non-gay people, men actually, are often obsessively fixated on anal sex when they hear anything about gay people.

First of all, not all gay people even like anal sex.

Many straight people love anal sex.

Even for gay people who love anal sex, in a long term relationship, what percentage of their time together do you reckon actually is taken up by this activity?

Compared to say preparing dinner or watching television?

In other words, what tiny fraction of 1 percent of their time makes so many people focus on that one thing?

Calling Dr. Freud!coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I was at a Catholic wedding on Valentine's Day (no, I'm not Catholic,. my friend is) and the priest mentioned this story in his sermon as an example of sinful practise

Outrageous!

Which congregation is this? Do you mind sharing this information. Thank you!

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

I was at a Catholic wedding on Valentine's Day (no, I'm not Catholic,. my friend is) and the priest mentioned this story in his sermon as an example of sinful practise

Outrageous!

Which congregation is this? Do you mind to share this information. Thank you!

It doesn't sound like this priest has got the message from Papa Frank. While the Catholic church will likely NEVER perform same sex marriages, the message from the current pope is to at least be less judgmental.