'Deaf' Ukrainian tourist arrested in Phuket is fined Bt3,000 and released

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just see how stupid is the law enforcement in Thailand. Try doing this in Singapore and he would learn his lesson the very hard way!

Singapore surely leads the world in discipline. Perhaps a good place for B&D freaks?! Will this lead us off topic?

Anyway I agree, hand me the cane!! I know a good ex-B&D mistress in Australia looking for a job in her dotage. smile.png

Glad they deemed it worthwhile to apprehend this guy . Did it take all 4 of those officers pictured, or did they take time off from more pressing engagements to join in the jolly photo shoot ?

In the original article it was claimed that he was selling goods illegally on the premises of Central....so why has he only been fined and charged with the offence of disturbing customers ???

3,000 baht fine .... mmmm .... maybe a profitable 'business even allowing for fines sad.png

He does not seemed too concerned in the photo, looks quite happy.

Good luck to him.. If he is really deaf.

If you saw a blind guy on the street you would help. so he is only using a liitle bit of savie. :)

I remamber a progamme years ago in the UK, where they showed a blind man asking for directions, he was lead by the hand with out question. Then they showed a deaf guy and he was snubbed or shouted at ??"£$%% funny :(

3,000 baht fine .... mmmm .... maybe a profitable 'business even allowing for fines sad.png

If you saw a blind guy on the street you would help. so he is only using a liitle bit of savie. smile.png

I remamber a progamme years ago in the UK, where they showed a blind man asking for directions, he was lead by the hand with out question. Then they showed a deaf guy and he was snubbed or shouted at ??"£$%% funny sad.png

So why do you think an obvious farang begger would fly half way around the world to beg ?

• Like 1

The Russians seem to be the only one who understood how to talk to the authorities and politicians. They threatened to close the flux of Russian tourists. The authorities got scared and now Russians are getting well treated.

Maybe the EU can learn something from this.

YUP another major mistake by the Thai authorities.

They should have deported him because he was working without a permit

Hmmm... I keep reading 'confessions' on this site from people overstaying here for months or even years (i.e., 'living here without a permit'), and no one seems to jump on them too hard about that. In fact, they often get a lot of sympathy it seems. But who am I to expect consistency...? [Yeah, and someone will chime in now saying that overstayers are helping the economy while this guy is bringing it to its knees... probably a lot of the same folks that would put 'illegals' in their own country back on the first bus home... yeah, I'm grumpy today].

If you saw a blind guy on the street you would help. so he is only using a liitle bit of savie. smile.png

I remamber a progamme years ago in the UK, where they showed a blind man asking for directions, he was lead by the hand with out question. Then they showed a deaf guy and he was snubbed or shouted at ??"£$%% funny sad.png

So why do you think an obvious farang begger would fly half way around the world to beg ?

Who is saying he was always deaf :)

I'm wondering why the Fuzz didn't put him in a cell with his phone and after a few hours give him a ring and use one of their Farang volunteers to speak to him in Ukrainian, offering to help him out. If he replied, then he could be busted as a con man. cheesy.gif

I think we just found a new job all of us farangs in Thailand can make money at....just be sure to keep a couple thousand baht handy to make an occasional donation to the BIB. Good thing I "read" about this job opportunity; if it had been on TV/Radio news I wouldn't have "heard" it. See I'm practicing my new job already.

After reading this I predict an influx of ex-boiler room/time share spivs with Geordie and Essex accents.

Eat your heart out Arfur Daley...."Terry..Terry I got a nice little earner for you in Fuket"..just play dumb when the police arrive!

Well, not exactly a crime against humanity, is it, but I agree, a 3000 baht fine is not a deterrent either.

Love the way the guy is posing in the photo with the police. What a plonker.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Which planet are you from? Would love to know which country considers begging a "job"... do you get social security with that "job"? what diploma's are needed?

almost like saying you need a work permit to breathe... you are converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, so technically you are working :/

Another stupid comment.

Which planet are you from? Would love to know which country considers begging a "job"... do you get social security with that "job"? what diploma's are needed?

almost like saying you need a work permit to breathe... you are converting oxygen into carbon dioxide, so technically you are working :/

Probably another beggar who replied this crap answer...

Just see how stupid is the law enforcement in Thailand. Try doing this in Singapore and he would learn his lesson the very hard way!

The policemen set him free so that he will do his racket again. In that case, the policemen will earn another 3,000

3,000 baht fine .... mmmm .... maybe a profitable 'business even allowing for fines :(

If he gets caught again the punishment would be more as there is a record of it

Bit like a caution

How dumb can one person really be?facepalm.gif Must be new arrival from Ork with a degree in carbon dioxide conversion............... Nanu nanu whistling.gif

Edited by silent

You really need to do some research before you make a post like this again.... Yes it is required to have a Work Permit, You must be working for an Agency that is registered here in Thailand. If not you are illegally either employed or working a Scam... End of story!

You must also carry this information with you at all times to provide for your protection if confronted... Aparently even the Police here goofed!!