Ko chang

neilf

We stayed at Alina on white sands 3 years ago and had a great time, especially doing the 'islands trip'.

We went via an English tour guide there and paid more obviously.

Thinking of going again beginning of June but independently. We live in Nakhon Sawan so we'd get a bus to MoChit then, preferably avoiding deathtrap mini buses how would we get to KC. Don't fancy driving.

Alina seems to have grown since we went so would possibly stay at Paddy's Palms unless better alternatives???

Just looked at Siam Beach resort and the views from the hillside bungalows @800/night inc b/fast look stunning.

Anyone have any comments on it, too remote, hill too steep for an ancient mariner :-)

Cheers

Edit to say Lonely Beach may be TOO lonely but only having been to White Sands I'm not sure...

Edited by Changoverandout

Thinking of going again beginning of June but independently. We live in Nakhon Sawan so we'd get a bus to MoChit then, preferably avoiding deathtrap mini buses how would we get to KC. Don't fancy driving.

you can get the bus from Ekamai to the ferry. First one leaves at 7.45am Nice comfortable big bus driven at sensible speeds.

Just looked at Siam Beach resort and the views from the hillside bungalows @800/night inc b/fast look stunning.

Anyone have any comments on it, too remote, hill too steep for an ancient mariner :-)

Cheers

Edit to say Lonely Beach may be TOO lonely but only having been to White Sands I'm not sure...

I stay at Cliff Cottage Resort in Bangbao. It has modern nice clean aircon rooms and is in the beautiful quiet village of Bangbao which has the best

seafood restaurants on Koh Chang. The owner is a friend of mine. It might be too remote for some but the tranquility suits me fine. Also great for divers as it is the village most if not all of the diveboats leave from.

We stayed at Alina on white sands 3 years ago and had a great time, especially doing the 'islands trip'.

We went via an English tour guide there and paid more obviously.

Alina seems to have grown since we went so would possibly stay at Paddy's Palms unless better alternatives???

Trat airport receives flights from BKK. daily.

Mini busses from Trat airport run to the Koh Chang ferry terminal.

Sounds like you like a bit of white sands, nothing wrong with Paddys'.

have a good one

Any ideas on a place to stay with 2 small dogs on KC? Preferably close to life.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

if your dogs are not killed and/or rapped by the indigenous packs; (mabe not in that order), you will be lucky.cheesy.gif

Any ideas on a place to stay with 2 small dogs on KC? Preferably close to life.

if your dogs are not killed and/or rapped by the indigenous packs; (mabe not in that order), you will be lucky.cheesy.gif

Don't let the picture fool you my friend, it's a trained killer :-)

It is, of course, up to you longstebe.

I guess the wild dogs on K C are probably no worse than most other parts of Thailand.

On the island they chase motor and pedal bikes, hassle people on the beach and in restaurants.

At night they form packs, that can be aggressive.

And all the time, the locals (including the nominal "owners" of the vermin) do nothing to curb the curs; and can often be seen experiencing amusement at the stress and fear being felt by victims of intimidation.

I have no idea how many resorts will accept dogs; so good luck with it all.

I think you may experience a more relaxed time on K C without your pets.

I certainly find that to be the case when I go there with just my bird; and none of her kids. wink.png

It would be more relaxed without my dogs and the wife..!!!

I've found a few online that accept pets, though I've found this to be the case elsewhere until you turn up and they deny it. We always try and contact the hotel direct by phone before we travel. Its nice to hear from anyone who has actually stayed there themselves with their pets before booking into anywhere.

When is your next visit?

We're waiting...

Regards

WDAoKC/awB-KCH (Wild Dog Association of Koh Chang/affiliated with Bangkok-Koh Chang Hospital) w00t.gif

you not dead yet xxxxhead ??

on my last visit I hit 3 more of the infected vermin, mabe if you could identify yourself, it would help my aim.

but then I suspect I already know who you are, and even where you live

edited by myself, 'cas I don't need a crutch

I'm very well, thanks for thinking 'bout me

My furry brethren--from Salakpet all the way 'round to Bang Bao--have reported zero 'deaths by motorized sociopaths' for the last 3 months so your claim is pure BS. Did you break your pathetic 'pistol crossbow'? (small penis syndrome)

You have no idea where I hang but I'll give you a hint: you and similar riff-raff aren't allowed through the (large) gates

#1 Silver Honda Jazz with tinted windows--check biggrin.png

#2 Stays at Nang Nual (what a dump!)--check laugh.png ($$$ probs? Can't afford Parama?)

#3 Sometimes accompanied by a human female--check tongue.png

#4 Drives like shit (can't even hit a dumb canine)--check rolleyes.gif

Hell, this is too easy clap2.gif

Speaking of crutches...don't worry--you'll be way past needing one after your next last trip to KC w00t.gif

Best regards

Lassie

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Cheers

Rooms there are really worn out looking and staff is unfriendly. Read about it on tripadvisor it has some pretty bad reviews. I didn't stay there but next door at Sea View Resort, although I took a look at their menu and had a bit of interaction with the staff and both were equally terrible.

Cheers

Rooms there are really worn out looking and staff is unfriendly. Read about it on tripadvisor it has some pretty bad reviews. I didn't stay there but next door at Sea View Resort, although I took a look at their menu and had a bit of interaction with the staff and both were equally terrible.

We decided to go to White sands again as we know what to expect there and just visit the more southern areas.

A poster said VIP buses go from Ekkami terminal to the ferry, never been there so anyone know if buses go there from Mo Chit or is it a taxi ride. As I said before, I prefer to avoid mini buses.

Cheers

We decided to go to White sands again as we know what to expect there and just visit the more southern areas.

A poster said VIP buses go from Ekkami terminal to the ferry, never been there so anyone know if buses go there from Mo Chit or is it a taxi ride. As I said before, I prefer to avoid mini buses.

. Koh Chang Hut was not a bad price...and a good room with WiFi. Nice location..up the hill a bit, but a good view at the top. You can walk to the beach. Good Restaurant across the street...and some night life very close.

White Sands to Lonely Beach is just not that far, if you have a scooter. A nice ride though. I would stay only a few nights at lonely beach.

I'm very well, thanks for thinking 'bout me

My furry brethren--from Salakpet all the way 'round to Bang Bao--have reported zero 'deaths by motorized sociopaths' for the last 3 months so your claim is pure BS. Did you break your pathetic 'pistol crossbow'? (small penis syndrome)

You have no idea where I hang but I'll give you a hint: you and similar riff-raff aren't allowed through the (large) gates

#1 Silver Honda Jazz with tinted windows--check biggrin.png

#2 Stays at Nang Nual (what a dump!)--check laugh.png ($$$ probs? Can't afford Parama?)

#3 Sometimes accompanied by a human female--check tongue.png

#4 Drives like shit (can't even hit a dumb canine)--check rolleyes.gif

Hell, this is too easy clap2.gif

Speaking of crutches...don't worry--you'll be way past needing one after your next last trip to KC w00t.gif

Best regards

Lassie

cheesy.gif

another gut less post from xxxxhead, is this the only song you know?

just 'cas nobody wanted to give you a baby in your own country, you decide to love dogs in Thailand.

do your self, and tvf a favour and stop taking the bitch pills; maybe then you'll find something with two legs to hang out with.

I realise this is wasted on you, as your view from the moral high ground doesn't allow you to see what a pathetic waste your life is.

I will now concentrate especially on the klong prow area; how's your crappy little tourist visa runs going by the way?

• Like 1

I was looking for another beach place to visit after Phuket in January. Samui side is prone to rain so I had just today booked a week at Alina resort on white sands beach. The videos and pics I've seen suggest it's a lovely island with some nice beaches.

I wish I hadn't read this thread now.

I was looking for another beach place to visit after Phuket in January. Samui side is prone to rain so I had just today booked a week at Alina resort on white sands beach. The videos and pics I've seen suggest it's a lovely island with some nice beaches.

I wish I hadn't read this thread now.

You will not be disappointed, and ignore most of the BS written here. Most of the crap posted is by people who have probably spent a grand total of a weekend on the island, hanging out in some flea pit in Lonely Beach.

I am sure you will enjoy your trip to KC, and Alina is in the middle of Whitesand, so you are in a good location.

• Like 1