Learning English

ginglee

My partner has about 2-3 months to kill in Thailand before we go to the UK. So we though it would be good filling that time, with English lessons, and to get some basic qualifications that are recognised in Thailand, that she could possible use in the future + to expand on them. Having contacted a few language schools, they offerd a 120 hour starter course that concluded with an exam...But could only attend classes twice per week, so it could have been concluded within the time frame, so they offerd 1 2 1 tuition, but just to expensive.

Can anyone please advise, where we can get the books from, and how to apply to do the tests direct? I'm sure with my English language knowledge I could get her through it.

Thanks in advance...

In Pattaya I once sent a TGF to EasyLearn on Soi BuaKhao.

One on one, no fixed schedule, 2-hour sessions, with a Thai lady married to an American and who had lived in the US for a time.

Sixty hours for 12,000b. They had exercise books too for home work after class. Not bad and cheap enough.

I'd like to send my present TrueLove there but the place seems to be closed.

It's right next to the Tesco Express/BlueRahtree (and ex-Rehab GoGo) bar complex near Action Street.

In Pattaya I once sent a TGF to EasyLearn on Soi BuaKhao.

One on one, no fixed schedule, 2-hour sessions, with a Thai lady married to an American and who had lived in the US for a time.

Sixty hours for 12,000b. They had exercise books too for home work after class. Not bad and cheap enough.

I'd like to send my present TrueLove there but the place seems to be closed.

It's right next to the Tesco Express/BlueRahtree (and ex-Rehab GoGo) bar complex near Action Street.

Thanks, I'll go and have a chat with them...

My gf studied at AUA before I met her, and went through to the end of their course in a little over 1 year, and has excellent English as a result (She speaks significantly better than any of the teachers I work with, who all have 4 year bachelor degrees lol). She also made some really good friends while she was studying, and has a lot of respect for the teachers there, so I really have a lot of respect for the school, as it seems to have had such a positive effect on her.

We also got her aunt to enrol at AUA, and she's just doing 4 hours per week I think, which means she completes 1 level every 6 weeks I think. It's really noticeable how much her English has improved in the past year since she started the course.

With just 3 months, I don't know how much of the course your gf would be able to complete, but when my gf was studying at AUA, she was doing 10 hours a week I think, so was getting through the levels pretty quickly. AUA has branches all across Bangkok, and in many of the other major centres as well, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one which suits you.

• Like 1