Rice-pledging scheme: PM Yingluck won't acknowledge charges in person

webfact

This woman is supposed to lead the country and fails at every turn.

She chairs committees she never attends, has no time to attend the House, ignores the Ombudsman and court decisions that don't suit her and on and on.

Any supposed rule of law clearly only applies to lesser mortals so why should she personally acknowledge charges against her ?

I don't know the NACC's powers and procedures but wouldn't it be nice if they could order her appearance and have what it takes to see if through ?

"This woman is supposed to lead the country and fails at every turn"

Huh!....Fails at every turn?...Who knew....Obviously the millions of voters have been duped.

Normally if a PM 'fails at every turn" they are turfed in system of electoral democracy.

But wait....Is it possible this quote is agenized, opposition mantra unrelated to reality?

Is it possible she has succeeded at every turn and voters reward her?

Either this quote is correct, or it is massive malignment and disrespect of the Thai electorate.

hehehehe You are joking

• Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An open act of defiance to a constitutionally enabled commission. Yingluck is supposed to go there. Yingluck is supposed to answer questions. This investigation carries impeachment power. They have the power to remove her from office. But is Yingluck actually capable of answering questions ? To date, no one really knows ( though all shockingly suspect ). Yingluck is not to provide a " letter of explanation ". Does she really think this will impress the committee in any shape or form ? She is supposed to answer questions. She is the one under indictment. Others cannot speak on her behalf. Does she need the Constitutional Court to drag her to the proceeding ? ( What if she still said no ? ) She is supposed to show respect for the committee and the institution. This lawless administration has got to come to an end. They won't even show up in court. Two acts of jurisprudence defiance in one day. First Chalerm's blanket and unconstitutional disavowal of the Civil Court's ruling to forbid a violent dispersal of the protest movement. And now this. Defiance of the rule of law. Pure and simple. Impeachment seems to be a secret yearning of this administration.

• Like 2

Of course she won't show up, it's a family policy.

She may claim that it's not her fault because she wasn't there at the meetings.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only thing she can actually do is exactly that. Claim she had no idea because she never attended meetings and never requested a copy of the minutes of any meeting to read through.

This is just going to prove she is guilty of the negligence charge.

As far as I am aware, regarding any form of negligence attached to ANY law or offense in almost all countries. The severity of the punishment is relative to the negative affect that occurs from said negligence.

Up to now that includes

1. The disappearance of up to 600 BILLION baht that was in the control of the government rice committee.

2. The disappearance of paperwork needed to prove or disprove corruption relating to visibly fake rice deals.

3. The gross mishandling of the sale of rice stocks with some rice still being in storage from the first harvest under the scheme.

4. The continuing suicides by farmers as a direct result of being misled and lied to by the various government ministers under the control of the PM.

I could probably go on and on, but i think that is already enough for at least 20 years in prison. We all know how harsh Thai law can be will high sentences for farangs etc.. Hopefully we can see an overhaul of the judicial equality and seeing penalties dished out on an equal basis.

With Yingluck's popularity with the courts, I should expect a very high sentence.

Maybe the court can offer to cut 10 years from her sentence should her brother come to serve his 2 years in prison.

Do you think Thaksin would do that to save 10 years of his sister's life in hell? or do you think he will let her rot??

Even still being MPs and with parliament in session k. Abhisit and k. Suthep answered charges by DSI and Prosecutor by themselves. Mind you a caretaker PM must be a very busy person. Ms. Yingluck doesn't even have time to talk with farmers.

• Like 1

"Yingluck had not discussed the NACC's decision to press charges against her with legal advisers, the source said. However, the team representing her would include Council of State members and attorneys, since she, as premier, is a government official."

So, the people going to the NACC to represent her haven't talked with her about the situation? Normally, that would seem strange but with Ms. Shinawatra it is pretty normal. It seems that she has never had, or wanted to have, a handle on any of the situations her brother has created around her during her puppet reign. I have to say that the woman does not come across as a very intelligent person when I have seen her interviewed, so maybe her legal advisers just decided that it would be a waste of time trying to get her to understand what she is being charged with. They will likely just let her carry on shopping, blissfully ignorant of the situation and when things get to the point where she is going to be apprehended, they will put her on a plane headed for Dubai. Or maybe she can go to Singapore and come down with a case of "the sniffles" which would make her unable to return for several years, just like the Red Bull Cop Killer.

Edited by Brevity

This is Thailand and she knows that only politicians with her surname are ever found guilty and sent to prison.

Small point of order required - "found guilty (yes) - sent to prison - now this raises a question mark - sentenced (yes) but sent (no) - took off with 130 suitcases (yes). - keep your eye on the excess baggage counter at Swampy for further updates.coffee1.gif

Flying out of Chiang Mai would be more apt.

Why not ?

Abhasit had to.

Well, abhisit had to acknowledge charges of murder. Suthep is supposed to do the same - he hasn't.

See any correlation with the situation regarding Yingluck? No, that's because there isn't any.

This is Thailand and she knows that only politicians with her surname are ever found guilty and sent to prison.

Small point of order required - "found guilty (yes) - sent to prison - now this raises a question mark - sentenced (yes) but sent (no) - took off with 130 suitcases (yes). - keep your eye on the excess baggage counter at Swampy for further updates.coffee1.gif

Flying out of Chiang Mai would be more apt.

I understand Chiang Rai is more discrete for clandestine meetings of executive jets.

Edited by harrry

"Yingluck had not discussed the NACC's decision to press charges against her with legal advisers, the source said. However, the team representing her would include Council of State members and attorneys, since she, as premier, is a government official."

So, the people going to the NACC to represent her haven't talked with her about the situation? Normally, that would seem strange but with Ms. Shinawatra it is pretty normal. It seems that she has never had, or wanted to have, a handle on any of the situations her brother has created around her during her puppet reign. I have to say that the woman does not come across as a very intelligent person when I have seen her interviewed, so maybe her legal advisers just decided that it would be a waste of time trying to get her to understand what she is being charged with. They will likely just let her carry on shopping, blissfully ignorant of the situation and when things get to the point where she is going to be apprehended, they will put her on a plane headed for Dubai. Or maybe she can go to Singapore and come down with a case of "the sniffles" which would make her unable to return for several years, just like the Red Bull Cop Killer.

Ever considered changing your user name? Just saying.

• Like 1

Even still being MPs and with parliament in session k. Abhisit and k. Suthep answered charges by DSI and Prosecutor by themselves. Mind you a caretaker PM must be a very busy person. Ms. Yingluck doesn't even have time to talk with farmers.

You really ought to pay attention, rubl.

Exactly when did suthep acknowledge charges?

• Like 1

CARETAKER Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will not report to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to acknowledge charges related to the rice-pledging scheme as requested next Thursday, a government source said yesterday.

The source close to Yingluck, who asked not to be named, said the PM would send a representative team and submit a written clarification.

That means, nothing will happen, thank you have a nice day, all the brag for nothing from the NACC.... "Catch me if you can, I'm going to Ibiza, ooops,... Hawaii" giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Why not ?

Abhasit had to.

Well, abhisit had to acknowledge charges of murder. Suthep is supposed to do the same - he hasn't.

See any correlation with the situation regarding Yingluck? No, that's because there isn't any.

Abhist and Suthep acknowledged charges by DSI and Office of the Prosecutor while still being MP with parliament in session.

See any correlation with Yingluck having no time to acknowledge charged from the NACC? This from a PM who has frequently stressed how much her government was working on corruption?

Mind you, Ms. Yingluck must be very busy as caretaker PM, she doesn't even have time to talk to farmers.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

She chairs committees she never attends, has no time to attend the House, ignores the Ombudsman and court decisions that don't suit her and on and on.

Any supposed rule of law clearly only applies to lesser mortals so why should she personally acknowledge charges against her ?

I don't know the NACC's powers and procedures but wouldn't it be nice if they could order her appearance and have what it takes to see if through ?

Huh!....Fails at every turn?...Who knew....Obviously the millions of voters have been duped.

Normally if a PM 'fails at every turn" they are turfed in system of electoral democracy.

But wait....Is it possible this quote is agenized, opposition mantra unrelated to reality?

Either this quote is correct, or it is massive malignment and disrespect of the Thai electorate.

Note to one self. Don't feed the troll, don't feed the troll, don't........

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I posted some links a month or two ago when you were wondering. Search and find them. Both Abhisit and Suthep have acknowledged charges by DSI and Office of the Prosecutor. Abhisit even acknowledged charges by the criminal court, something Suthep is trying to postpone. Also too busy I guessrolleyes.gif

LOL

It is a sarcastic handle. I knew I would not be the type of member who makes many of those 1-line posts we see so often. When I decide to post, I usually have something to say.

I knew someone would eventually point out the contradiction of my usual post length vs my user name.

Why not ?

Abhasit had to.

Yingluck is as guilty of murder as Abhisit is.

• Like 2

An open act of defiance to a constitutionally enabled commission. Yingluck is supposed to go there. Yingluck is supposed to answer questions. This investigation carries impeachment power. They have the power to remove her from office. But is Yingluck actually capable of answering questions ? To date, no one really knows ( though all shockingly suspect ). Yingluck is not to provide a " letter of explanation ". Does she really think this will impress the committee in any shape or form ? She is supposed to answer questions. She is the one under indictment. Others cannot speak on her behalf. Does she need the Constitutional Court to drag her to the proceeding ? ( What if she still said no ? ) She is supposed to show respect for the committee and the institution. This lawless administration has got to come to an end. They won't even show up in court. Two acts of jurisprudence defiance in one day. First Chalerm's blanket and unconstitutional disavowal of the Civil Court's ruling to forbid a violent dispersal of the protest movement. And now this. Defiance of the rule of law. Pure and simple. Impeachment seems to be a secret yearning of this administration.

Funny, I don't recall you being this voiciferous when suthep avoided the courts to hear formal charges for murder 4 times or when he does not answer his charges of sedition.

One could be forgiven for thinking that you have an agenda or are you just wilfully ignorant of reality?

• Like 1

Why not ?

Abhasit had to.

Yingluck is as guilty of murder as Abhisit is.

Really? I'd love to see your reasons for this.

• Like 1

LOL

It is a sarcastic handle. I knew I would not be the type of member who makes many of those 1-line posts we see so often. When I decide to post, I usually have something to say.

I knew someone would eventually point out the contradiction of my usual post length vs my user name.

You can post as much or as little as you like, but please, don't be like scamper - use paragraphs.

People are more likely to read what you have to say.

When did you become an expert in Thailand's constitutional law/civil law/criminal law?

There is no legal requirement for a sitting PM to attend, nor should she. Where exactly in the applicable statutes is a sitting PM compelled to appear in person for this procedure? This is a legal issue and is best left to those qualified to respond to this type of litigation. There is no defiance of the law. Rather, you are offering your personal opinion which is not based upon the applicable law(s).

What on earth?! Is it possible to see the the world upside down and opposite of reality with all that dope you're smoking?

Give us an example of how literally anything she has done hasn't failed i.e. not succeeding in acquiring money through graft by means of taxpayers/ money, but rather succeeded in fulfilling promises made? Anything?..

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

LOL

You can post as much or as little as you like, but please, don't be like scamper - use paragraphs.

People are more likely to read what you have to say.

I think if you look back on my posts, there has not been a problem of segmenting my thoughts or suggestions into appropriate paragraphs. Each paragraph should deal with only one topic, and my original post in this thread is one paragraph because it is generally all about the topic of why Yingluck S is not going to appear before the NACC.

Your advice is a good reminder for other members, though, as I have seen posts of only one paragraph that should have been chopped up into 3 or 4.

I posted some links a month or two ago when you were wondering. Search and find them. Both Abhisit and Suthep have acknowledged charges by DSI and Office of the Prosecutor. Abhisit even acknowledged charges by the criminal court, something Suthep is trying to postpone. Also too busy I guessrolleyes.gif

Well that's very good that abhisit even acknowledged the charges at the criminal court, how jolly decent of him.

Seeing as that was the formal indictment he didn't really have a lot of choice unless he wanted to disrespect the legal process like his "brother in arms", suthep.

For you to bring up these two who are charged with murder as some sort of moral example to Yingluck who is sending a representative to the NACC is laughable at the very least.

If you think I am going to wade through reams of your tedious purportedly sarcastic posts looking for links you don't have the good grace to provide, you'll have to think again.