Rice-pledging scheme: PM Yingluck won't acknowledge charges in person

webfact

" PM won't acknowledge charges in person."

COWARD

How one responds to the opposition - in this case one who many call a politicized judiciary - is political calculation and strategy.

The dignity of the Office is taken into account, amongst other things.

Ms. Y, has dignified the office admirably, and the massive electoral support she engenders, will not tolerate any diminishment by those behind this attempt.

Additionally, I am anticipating the next big objective by the coup-mongers will be to self-servingly separate her from the Parliamentary PTP majority, Every other objective has so far come to nought.....Won't work.

Can you stop trolling please?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I never got any reply on that.

Furthermore you don't seem to have started your reading and interpreting lessons yet. I was not discussing phony charges like murder or not knowing about rice, no I only mentioned that charges of DSI and OAG were acknowledged.

@ rubl - Give it a miss mate, we both know what his aim is, he just flicks out enough bait to keep the fish biting but that's all. He never answers your questions with a direct answer because he does not have any. He defies forum rule #5 every time he posts and he is banned as well. thumbsup.gif

COWARD

How one responds to the opposition - in this case one who many call a politicized judiciary - is political calculation and strategy.

Ms. Y, has dignified the office admirably, and the massive electoral support she engenders, will not tolerate any diminishment by those behind this attempt.

Additionally, I am anticipating the next big objective by the coup-mongers will be to self-servingly separate her from the Parliamentary PTP majority, Every other objective has so far come to nought.....Won't work.

She does have more dignity and stature on the world stage than Suthep/Dems and the other nobodies put together.

Defender of dignity and attracting plaudits everywhere outside of Sutheps media.

She is quite entited to take a rain check on any charges as the courts obviously have a large backlog of murder and insurection cases that they need to deal with.

Love the lack of bias and the hate posts she attracts these days. All the trolls on here would gush and eat poo from her hand if she graced them with a smile!!

COWARD

She does have more dignity and stature on the world stage than Suthep/Dems and the other nobodies put together.

Defender of dignity and attracting plaudits everywhere outside of Sutheps media.

She is quite entited to take a rain check on any charges as the courts obviously have a large backlog of murder and insurection cases that they need to deal with.

Love the lack of bias and the hate posts she attracts these days. All the trolls on here would gush and eat poo from her hand if she graced them with a smile!!

Of course they would.

That's because all of the trolls on here are red shirt sympathisers who only post to start an arguement.

• Like 2

It is not recommended that a PM participate in what is essentially a legal procedure. It is accepted practice for the attorney general or a representative of the AG or another designated government legal counsel to appear.

It is also very unusual for a sitting PM/President to appear in court to answer such charges. In recent times, it hasn't happened in the UK, Canada, Australia, South Korea, USA etc. One of the more recent cases in a parliamentary democracy where a charge of malfeasance was brought, was that of the disgraced Lord Black in 2001. He sued the sitting PM of Canada for abuse of power, misfeasance in public office and negligence. He also sued the Government of Canada, represented by the Attorney General of Canada, for negligent misrepresentation. The PM of Canada did not appear in court on what was a significant constitutional issue.

.............................."It is also very unusual for a sitting PM/President to appear in court to answer such charges".................... ?????????????

Choke ! Choke ! Gag !

It is also "very unusual" for a PM to be "elected" even though that person has absolutely zero political experience, no interest in anything but shopping and overseas travel, and whose brother is a criminal on the run who actually controls the government (illegally) from his overseas hideout.

That is very unusual.

It's very unusual for our gKid to confuse a court ordering someone to appear to hear charges and the NAAC to do such. It's only after the NAAC concluses there is sufficient proof for lawful dismissal and prosecution that a court may or may not get involved if the OAG deems there is sufficient proof indeed.

Now we also have a caretaker PM rather than a sitting duck PM, parliament is not in session, parliamentary immunity no longer applicable. It would seem our Ms. Yingluck has to rely on the support of TV posters knowledgeble on Thai law and so. I really start to despair for her wink.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

She wants to go... Really....

But she can not because of Suthep and the farmers... They are blocking the roads... Not her fault whistling.gif

But good news, the road to Suvarnabhumi is still opened...

She might just go fly to Dubai and lead the government from there, it seems to be family tradition cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

'Lead the government'....?

• Like 1

Would Yingluk be safe if she were to show up in person. Who would supply security for her?

Gotta ask, Safe from what?

Safe from the fascist mod that Suhthep has threatend her with. If they were to know where she would appear they would attack.

She would then only have 2 choices:-

run

or

Stand and cause the bloody confrontation that the fascist want.

Would the police or the army be able to protect her from the "peaceful" mob?

Would Yingluk be safe if she were to show up in person. Who would supply security for her?

Safe from the fascist mod that Suhthep has threatend her with. If they were to know where she would appear they would attack.

run

or

And you honestly think the small army that is standing her security isn't enough blink.png

Get a grip man. This is a Shin were talking about. Not a chance in hell she's gonna'

step out into the public venue. She wouldn't even talk to the farmers she loves so mutt.

run

or

Hold on. One minute her supporters say Suthep protesters are down a few old ladies with walking sticks and the next he has a fascist mob which cannot be controlled by thousands of armed police.

You can't have it both ways. smile.png

They are just less spread out, the old stages are almost empty now, the active mob has been condenced into one.

Very little security at Asoke ans Silom today when I was there.

Suthep seems to have gathered his forces for one last push. The violence earlier in the week seems to have changed the make-up of the anti-democraacy groups.

In coming days Suthep will demand the need for an arrest warrant to be issued for Yingluck. Oooo ... the irony.

Can't wait for Hollywood to make a movie about the past 3-4 months ... haven't seen a good comedy on the silver screen for years, but this story has enough chapters of insane moments to produce more sequels than Police Academy, Rocky and American Pie all added together.

From Suthep's speech live on Blue-sky.

"Stay tuned to Bluesky tomorrow so when YL is spotted we can pounce on her"

Perhaps he meant "pounce on her" in a romantic way, perhaps he has a crush on her and it has driven him mad. Much like some of the red flag waving nutters out there. whistling.gif

run

or

Hold on. One minute her supporters say Suthep protesters are down a few old ladies with walking sticks and the next he has a fascist mob which cannot be controlled by thousands of armed police.

You can't have it both ways. smile.png

I would back an old Thai lady with a walking stick in a fight with an armed Thai policeman, any day !

This woman is supposed to lead the country and fails at every turn.

She chairs committees she never attends, has no time to attend the House, ignores the Ombudsman and court decisions that don't suit her and on and on.

Any supposed rule of law clearly only applies to lesser mortals so why should she personally acknowledge charges against her ?

I don't know the NACC's powers and procedures but wouldn't it be nice if they could order her appearance and have what it takes to see if through ?

"This woman is supposed to lead the country and fails at every turn"

Huh!....Fails at every turn?...Who knew....Obviously the millions of voters have been duped.

Normally if a PM 'fails at every turn" they are turfed in system of electoral democracy.

But wait....Is it possible this quote is agenized, opposition mantra unrelated to reality?

Is it possible she has succeeded at every turn and voters reward her?

Either this quote is correct, or it is massive malignment and disrespect of the Thai electorate.

No,it's not possible.You should read a bit more and you may a have some idea,but i doubt it.

• Like 1

I would back an old Thai lady with a walking stick in a fight with an armed Thai policeman, any day !

Unless it was in a crowded nightclub.

I know, I know........that would never happen here. I mean, what would an old lady with a stick be doing in a crowded nightclub anyway?

Edited by bigbamboo

COWARD

--------------------------

Still eating those lead paint chip are we !!! lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Advice to Graft committee. She has said she will ignore you so Summons her on Monday morning to appear on Thursday & have a bench warrant ready to slap on her if she doesn't turn up in person on Thursday. This is beyond pussy-footing time. It is all just playing for time. She said "I will co-operate." So, co-operate by attending by your own volition or by being dragged there by your police.

From Suthep's speech live on Blue-sky.

"Stay tuned to Bluesky tomorrow so when YL is spotted we can pounce on her"

Best news I've seen in a while. (if true..I'll tune in)

Time someone holds her accountable addressing the public; otherwise resign as arrogant, inept and unable to care and understand the general public.

Edited by gemini81

She chairs committees she never attends, has no time to attend the House, ignores the Ombudsman and court decisions that don't suit her and on and on.

Any supposed rule of law clearly only applies to lesser mortals so why should she personally acknowledge charges against her ?

I don't know the NACC's powers and procedures but wouldn't it be nice if they could order her appearance and have what it takes to see if through ?

Huh!....Fails at every turn?...Who knew....Obviously the millions of voters have been duped.

Normally if a PM 'fails at every turn" they are turfed in system of electoral democracy.

But wait....Is it possible this quote is agenized, opposition mantra unrelated to reality?

Either this quote is correct, or it is massive malignment and disrespect of the Thai electorate.

No,it's not possible.You should read a bit more and you may a have some idea,but i doubt it.

That was whacked and senseless. Gee, why all the endless protests of all classes of people on the road, from farmers through to middle class? Yeah, doing everything right. At least Marcos' wife has some sort of intelligence or thought process going on- they're similar, but she faced the public and had a functioning brain.

You come to expect more of expats living here, wouldn't you? To say such silly things like the PM is doing all the right things, haha.

Why not ?

Abhasit had to.

Suthep hasn't? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Yinglucks on the mobile and Sutheps walking around the city some where. Come on Robby, research ;)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If good old George Bush jnr can avoid impeachment and the courts or Tony Blair, guess anyone can.... Abhisit must have rocks in his head....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Red Shirts from the North has 5,000 to 6,000 guards at her disposal smile.png

I thought the Tractors were coming to guard her .... don't they have a vested interest??