Russian Fugitive Real Estate Developer caught by Pattaya Immigration

webfact

Russian Fugitive Real Estate Developer caught by Pattaya Immigration

russia-44.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Chonburi Immigration with assistance from the Russian Embassy in Bangkok arrested a 41 year old Pattaya Property Developer on Thursday, wanted in Russia on charges of extortion amounting to 1 Million Russian Rubles.

Police Colonel Chayor, the Superintendent of Chonburi Immigration, based in Jomtien, announced the arrest of Mr. Dmitry Ishmukhametov aged 41, who is reported to be the owner of the Anastasia International Company which is currently selling a condominium project in Soi 5 off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien.

He was arrested at the offices of the company on the strength of an International Arrest Warrant issued in Russia claiming the suspect is wanted in connection with an extortion case amounting to 1 Million Rubles which equates to approximately 910,000 Baht.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/119053/russian-fugitive-real-estate-developer-caught-by-pattaya-immigration/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-21

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hang on a minute, 1 Million Russian Rubles are like 910,741.60 THB only, this man is a small fry,

Does not sound right. International arrest warrent for a few bucks

Perhaps once back in Russia more charges might be made. It's not like Russian authorities could interview him as part of any investigation with him out of the country. Further it might have been difficult to get any witness cooperation with him free.

Thai police arresting someone for extortion has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time. Of course it's a farang extorting money in Thailand lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why would an international warrant be issued in Russia for a farang extorting money in Thailand. Is your hatred of Thailand so extreme that you lose the ability to read?

• Like 2

Another property pimp turns out to be on the lamb from home-country criminal charges...surprise surprise. Only buy new houses or condos from Thai developers.

God bless your innocent heart. Thai developers only. I have at least one story

Yes,.. and I have one also (actually several),... deposits absconded with, constructions incomplete, contractual lies and deception intended at deliberate defrauding!

I could ramble on all day,.. my losses in the millions of baht, Now virtually written off as even the Thai courts are not a reliable means of support.

Agree for 100% falangadang ! With Thai constructors/developpers mostly nothing else than probs, cheating.... especially against a farang ! Have a farang constructor, but FIRST do your due diligence for 1000%....

• Like 1

Another property pimp turns out to be on the lamb from home-country criminal charges...surprise surprise. Only buy new houses or condos from Thai developers.

Personally I'm inclined to be very wary of anyone in Thailand who is trying to sell me something, regardless of what colour their skin is.

• Like 2

Yes,.. and I have one also (actually several),... deposits absconded with, constructions incomplete, contractual lies and deception intended at deliberate defrauding!

I could ramble on all day,.. my losses in the millions of baht, Now virtually written off as even the Thai courts are not a reliable means of support.

I think anyone who actually invests money into an uncompleted condo project is at best naively optimistic and at worst a fool.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thai police arresting someone for extortion has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time. Of course it's a farang extorting money in Thailand lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why would an international warrant be issued in Russia for a farang extorting money in Thailand. Is your hatred of Thailand so extreme that you lose the ability to read?

Your inability to comprehend what you read may be the problem. The Russian is charged with extortion IN RUSSIA, not in Thailand as another reader stated. Didn't you notice that the amount stolen was in RUBLES aand not in baht. He fled Russia to avoid prosecution and that's why an international warrant was issued.

Amen to that...My experience...do not trust anyone in the real-estate industry in Thailand...

Sorry, that is a totally ridiculous thing to say, who are you to hand out that advice? And property pimp? what is your problem? And no, I am not one.

I think anyone who actually invests money into an uncompleted condo project is at best naively optimistic and at worst a fool.

I think anyone that comes out with a comment like that is at best naively optimistic and at worst a fool.

Only way to protect yourself and your investment in condos in Pattaya especially is to NEVER,

EVER invest one Baht in any project unless it is COMPLETE and the Parking Lot has been

paved.........for the SECOND TIME....beware of the scams and crooks from Mother Russia they will

PROMISE you a RETURN ON INVESTMENT of 10%-15% Yearly...LIES, LIES. LIES and they are

no where to be found..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!