BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Russian Fugitive Real Estate Developer caught by Pattaya Immigration

Russian Fugitive Real Estate Developer caught by Pattaya Immigration

russia-44.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Chonburi Immigration with assistance from the Russian Embassy in Bangkok arrested a 41 year old Pattaya Property Developer on Thursday, wanted in Russia on charges of extortion amounting to 1 Million Russian Rubles.

Police Colonel Chayor, the Superintendent of Chonburi Immigration, based in Jomtien, announced the arrest of Mr. Dmitry Ishmukhametov aged 41, who is reported to be the owner of the Anastasia International Company which is currently selling a condominium project in Soi 5 off the Tepprasit Road in Jomtien.

He was arrested at the offices of the company on the strength of an International Arrest Warrant issued in Russia claiming the suspect is wanted in connection with an extortion case amounting to 1 Million Rubles which equates to approximately 910,000 Baht.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/119053/russian-fugitive-real-estate-developer-caught-by-pattaya-immigration/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-21

• Like 1

I steered clear of these foreign obstacles when getting the Pattaya income properties. Just the bad vibe they gave was a turn off. Thai folks much more trustworthy, and fun too.

• Like 1

Hang on a minute, 1 Million Russian Rubles are like 910,741.60 THB only, this man is a small fry,

Does not sound right. International arrest warrent for a few bucks

• Like 1

Thai police arresting someone for extortion has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time. Of course it's a farang extorting money in Thailand lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hang on a minute, 1 Million Russian Rubles are like 910,741.60 THB only, this man is a small fry,

Does not sound right. International arrest warrent for a few bucks

Perhaps once back in Russia more charges might be made. It's not like Russian authorities could interview him as part of any investigation with him out of the country. Further it might have been difficult to get any witness cooperation with him free.

Thai police arresting someone for extortion has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a very long time. Of course it's a farang extorting money in Thailand lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Why would an international warrant be issued in Russia for a farang extorting money in Thailand. Is your hatred of Thailand so extreme that you lose the ability to read?

• Like 2

Nobody knows the roubles I have seen Lol! smile.png

• Like 1