Buriram villagers use red shirts to ward off ghosts

webfact

For gawds sake. The Roman Catholic church has just recently begun training more priests to be able to properly 'EXORCISE' those they believe are 'possessed'. What's the difference?

Barry, do you really need to ask that question?

In Ban Kruat how many red shirts are there on display, compared to, say, the number of exorcisms performed in a similar sized Italian town ?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this people vote for PT !

Emm sorry to piss on your right wing sexpat parade but the current MP for Buriram IS NOT Pheu Thai.

Best read up a little before your next attempt at humour on here.

Maybe the headless guy is actually a Lobyist.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Perhaps its just Me, but i don't find anything funny in it.These People can Vote, nice as they may be, that's why democracy doesn't balance out here too good. No Education. Just Red Rhetoric and 1-10 Rules pinned on an Amphur Wall.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

All democratic countries follow one religion or another. What's the difference between that and what these people believe?

Agree. Wherever there is religion there is superstition. Same thing.

How's the spirit gonna read the signs if it's headless?

If it's an Isaan ghost it can't read anyway.........Hey but who knows maybe it works,I have experienced several rather strange outlandish premonitions from a Thai monk that turned out to be true.

Just where the hell are you from....you wanna put people down because of where their from...I guess you think your poop don't stink also....

• Like 1

The red shirts were being hung in the village where I live 2 years ago. Reason for doing so was completely different to the opening post. A few years before that it was something else that was put outside of houses. What do you expect from people would rather go see the village magic man than a qualified doctor?

There are red shirts hanging out side houses all over issan. It is only an indication of there politics.whistling.gifgiggle.gif

This is definitely something you "composed'. It is definitely not true.

I think he is talking about the red shirts hanging around drinking lao khao.

The main reason people would hang red shirts outside their house is because the scumbags threaten and intimidate people who don't support them. The people are scared of them and want them to think they support them.

As well as warding off ghosts of course.

And my wife's family in Surin only like the reds for one reason, they recruited all the lazy, drunken, good for nothing bums from their village and took them away to vandalize and burn things in far away places, best thing that ever happened to their village.

I thought initially that this must be a joke, the ignorance and arrogance displayed by this comment is incredible. There are, for example in Buriram province, whole swathes of countryside that are neither yellow nor red shirt, they just want their f&*()ing rice money.

Question, did you ever leave Pattaya or whatever cesspool it is you live in and live out here? Question, do you spend more than one month a year here? If the answer is yes, then you should be ashamed of yourself, this does not present reality. Tell my wife that she is a red shirt (or yellow shirt) and she'll have your balls off in a trice. She put up a red DRESS as did many around here as she didn't want to tempt fate by being the only one in the village that didn't put up a red DRESS.

• Like 2

No superstitious rich, educated Bangkokians then? Anything for a pop at ignorant, stupid, red shirt, northern and Isaan people. You lot make me laugh. Get a life and have a good look at yourself in the mirror the next time you pray to your fictitious god. If it feels good, is a comfort and doesn't harm anyone else, then let them get on with it.

cooked, on 24 Feb 2014 - 14:05, said:cooked, on 24 Feb 2014 - 14:05, said:

. Tell my wife that she is a red shirt (or yellow shirt) and she'll have your balls off in a trice. She put up a red DRESS as did many around here as she didn't want to tempt fate by being the only one in the village that didn't put up a red DRESS.

More likely she didn't want to be talked about and called names. This a 'monkey see, monkey do' world and if you don't conform then it can cause trouble. Who hasn't got a ghost house? Who hasn't got a picture of the King in their house? Who doesn't spend rediculous amounts of money for a funeral? And it goes on.

Someone opens a shop. Another person opens a shop next door. What does the second shop sell? The same as the first shop. Someone changes from Cassava to Sugarcane, within a short period of time they're all growing Sugarcane. Reason Why? Cause everyone else was doing it. Sheep spring to mind.

I have to wonder at times if these people can think for themselves. And when it comes to voting they haven't a clue. They vote for the one that pays. No wonder the people in the likes of Bangkok think Isaan people are stupid.

Edited by sinbin

cooked, on 24 Feb 2014 - 14:05, said:

. Tell my wife that she is a red shirt (or yellow shirt) and she'll have your balls off in a trice. She put up a red DRESS as did many around here as she didn't want to tempt fate by being the only one in the village that didn't put up a red DRESS.

More likely she didn't want to be talked about and called names. This a 'monkey see, monkey do' world and if you don't conform then it can cause trouble. Who hasn't got a ghost house? Who hasn't got a picture of the King in their house? Who doesn't spend rediculous amounts of money for a funeral? And it goes on.

Someone opens a shop. Another person opens a shop next door. What does the second shop sell? The same as the first shop. Someone changes from Cassava to Sugarcane, within a short period of time they're all growing Sugarcane.

I have to wonder at times if these people can think for themselves. And when it comes to voting they haven't a clue. They vote for the one that pays. No wonder the people in the likes of Bangkok think Isaan people are stupid.

Well no wonder I think that many people here on Thaivisa are stupid, especially those that 'visited Isaan once', or read something, or heard something in a bar. You are just repeating ill informed comments. Monkey see, monkey do? None of that in your home country I guess, none of that in Bangkok either. I could give you countless examples of farmers in Switzerland following the latest fashion in crops and livestock....

Living in a small village all your life does make you a part of the community, does tend to call for conformity, up to a point. You wouldn't be any different.

Instead of accusing provincial people of being stupid, maybe you should think about why they lack the capability to think rationally, learn and understand instead of by learning by rote, be critical. Very easy to leave people without an adequate education and then accuse them of stupidity, let's disenfranchise them....

cooked, on 25 Feb 2014 - 10:57, said:

Well no wonder I think that many people here on Thaivisa are stupid, especially those that 'visited Isaan once', or read something, or heard something in a bar. You are just repeating ill informed comments. Monkey see, monkey do?

Living in a small village all your life does make you a part of the community, does tend to call for conformity, up to a point. You wouldn't be any different.

Instead of accusing provincial people of being stupid, maybe you should think about why they lack the capability to think rationally, learn and understand instead of by learning by rote, be critical. Very easy to leave people without an adequate education and then accuse them of stupidity, let's disenfranchise them....

Firstly 'Cooked' I never "accused provincial people of being stupid". I said "No wonder the people in the likes of Bangkok think Isaan people are stupid". Also I am into the 9th year of living in an Isaan village. I have 3 children. So my comments were based on fact. Not the result of having "visited Issaan once". "Very easy to leave people without an adequate education and then accuse them of stupidity, let's disenfranchise them...." says who you? Have you been to school in Isaan? Have you ever thought that ther schools are good and it's the child that is the problem? If I was an Isaan child going to school I'd be reluctant to learn have seen what's waiting for me outside those school walls.

Well you seem to dislike the place that you chose to live in as well as the people there.

We have a little girl that goes to a 'good' school 25 Km away, that makes 4 trips a day. I have been in and out of that school many times, I have seen how teachers allow children that don't want to learn try to prevent children that do want to learn from doing that (stealing books and pencils, sitting on their desk...). In the presence of the teacher. Rote learning, no effort to make the kids think for themselves. Although our girl has learnt the English alphabet perfectly, she can't write down a D or write DOG. Well she can now, To get good marks they have to sit around a table repeating by rote. This happens after school, the teacher earns extra money by doing this, so she has less interest in teaching adequately.

So the school, which is supposed to be one of the best in the region, doesn't offer a decent education really.

Our girl wants to learn, enjoys our Saturday morning sessions of English and science. She is definitely not lazy and will definitely not finish up selling food at the side of the road or accepting uncritically what she is told.

Another example: my wife, that only had two years of school, taught herself English, speaks better English than our girl's teacher and now gives English lessons. Very bright, probably because she didn't go to school here. I don't think that the school system was specifically designed for tis purpose, it's just that it suits many people to leave it the way it is.

• Like 1

One post removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum.

cooked, on 26 Feb 2014 - 11:01, said:

Well you seem to dislike the place that you chose to live in as well as the people there.

And where did you get that piece of fiction from? By the way it was my post that was deleted. I tried to educate you 'Cooked' in that 'Monkey see, monkey do' is a way of life here for Thais. I quoted a popular Thai newspaper article that explains fully what I meant by it. It's not derogitory and it's commonly used in every day speaking.

cooked, on 26 Feb 2014 - 11:01, said:

And where did you get that piece of fiction from? By the way it was my post that was deleted. I tried to educate you 'Cooked' in that 'Monkey see, monkey do' is a way of life here for Thais. I quoted a popular Thai newspaper article that explains fully what I meant by it. It's not derogitory and it's commonly used in every day speaking.

I did see the article before it was removed. I am SOOO happy that you feel a deep urge to educate me, that makes me feel as though my life is becoming worthwhile.

I don't always take articles from newspapers as a beacon for my navigation through life, but please, please do keep educating me.

Close topic now?

cooked, on 26 Feb 2014 - 21:22, said:

I did see the article before it was removed. I am SOOO happy that you feel a deep urge to educate me, that makes me feel as though my life is becoming worthwhile.

I'm so glad I was of some service as you came/come across as someone lacking educationally. cheesy.gif