Bread Maker

HarryHerb

Could any of you residents tell me whether you can buy a bread maker in CM? And if so, where? I'm talking about one of the machines where you bung in all the ingredients and it does it all for you...

Names of stores and (rough) cost would be greatly appreciated. If there's a choice (!), any recommendations would also be fantastic.

I think I've seen one at the Rimping supermarket near Narawat Bridge. As you go in the main door there are some electrical things on wooden shelves on the left and I'm pretty sure there was a bread maker last time I went. Sorry - didn't notice brand, quality or price!

On the odd occasion I have come across one price has been heavy. I did see one at Central, HG branch but was 6,000 baht and it produced a loaf that I would need two of to make a decent sandwich so passed. It was Italian. Rimping near Narawat does indeed have one sitting on the top shelf immediately on the left as you enter, also can't help with additional details. I've seen them at Changi airport if your heading that way anytime soon.

Kaseems off Thapae has excellent french sticks while your looking if your in the area.

Maybe Robinson's at Central Airport Plaza- I bought an expensive pressure cooker there; or Niyom Phanich- thai appliance chain; or I saw a Moulinex store in the Gat Luan-day market area.

Could any of you residents tell me whether you can buy a bread maker in CM? And if so, where? I'm talking about one of the machines where you bung in all the ingredients and it does it all for you...

Names of stores and (rough) cost would be greatly appreciated. If there's a choice (!), any recommendations would also be fantastic.

Thanks for the replies! A friend of mine is coming down south in a couple of weeks and so I thought I'd ask her to bring me one - Central seems to be the place to look and I guess if it's over 5000 Baht, I'll do mail order as suggested by Tywais (thanks for that link!).

p1p was your friend happy with the machine you bought? Have you been round for a sandwich yet?

I guess these machines are all the same really, but it would be nice to know anyway :o

I seem to reccolect it baked a dozen or so good loaves - then broke down, never to work again!

Oh.

Well that took the air out of my souffle. That's about 400 B a loaf!!

At those prices I may have to reconsider.

You might want to visit the catering shop "Yok" which is off the north east corner of the moat, en-route to Khaemptean, on the left just after the road crosses the klong.

You need something in the kitchen? They have it!

However, from your last reply, you may need to visit "Market Place" at Centran Plazza to savour their breads.