[Video Report] Alleged French ATM scammers caught bribing Phuket police

webfact

Obviously hatred and bigotry is very much alive and well in French people. The "wrong" name or race is totally unacceptable to the "quality" French people. I can't help wondering just how many of the "quality" French have a family tree that has much in the way of French roots.

Granted, Paris has the Louvre with it's vast array of plundered treasures of the world and there is the very useful Eiffel Tower. There is also the guillotine for the French to be so proud of.

I have been to France and hated it. Been there, done it and will not do it again. An arrogant superior attitude seemed to prevail everywhere. I can't help but wonder why the French feel the way they do. French are at best an unimpressive bunch living in their own imagined glory. The ThaiVisa French are a group that possess the same traits.

''I have been to France and hated it.''

Well, I did visit France also... and loved it....

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Jean-Mari Le Pen is a more authentic French name, I'm sure you're not ashamed of him...

While he was convicted several times for xenophobia, there was a lot of demonization of Jean Marie Le Pen.

French people are not racist. But as soon as you say something against immigrants, against islam, you are labeled as racist.

I think it is this political correctness, this weakness and hypocrisy that may be a greater danger for France.

Edited by peterbkk9
  • Like 1

yeah, Jean-Mari Le Pen is a more authentic French name, I'm sure you're not ashamed of him...

While he was convicted several times for xenophobia, there was a lot of demonization of Jean Marie Le Pen.

French people are not racist. But as soon as you say something against immigrants, against islam, you are labeled as racist.

I think it is this political correctness, this weakness and hypocrisy that may be a greater danger for France.

Agree, but not just for France..many countries.worldwide the same thing is happening..you mention it [islam,] and you are indeed labeled as racist..

PC gone mad ..

• Like 2

Agree, but not just for France..many countries.worldwide the same thing is happening..you mention it [islam,] and you are indeed labeled as racist..

PC gone mad ..

100% correct the world is in a form of terror and can't have an opinion. The problem is religion is not a race but they will use the racist card to have you sent off.

Edited by chooka

Good to see we're getting rapped up in the race thing again. Why is it important where they are from? The crooks got cuffed and that's it I reckonwink.png

I think it is important to know here the crooks are coming from ..Just so you watch for yourself ..some people are more likely to commit crimes than others ,just a fact of life ,if you are in New York's Harlem at midnight well ...it's simply not safe ...common knowledge ...

Once again real French name I feel ashamed for my country.

I feel ashamed (once again) too, but not for the same reason.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704797-french-tourist-threatens-phuket-shop-assistant-with-scissors/#entry7446921

By the way, delinquency is, IMHO, usually related to a low level of education and poor parental monitoring (which is often caused by unfavourable economic conditions), and not directly to the ethnicity or religion of the people concerned. When certain poor populations immigrate in rich countries, they end usually regrouped in a sort of economic ghetto (mainly because of the cost of accommodations) where it is really hard to improve their situation while following the laws strictly. In France, I have noticed, for example and among other things, that it is generally the less experienced teachers who are assigned the mission to educate people living in deprived neighborhoods and suburbs, where most of the poorest immigrants live in this country. Moreover, it was found that employers are oftent reluctent to offer job interviews to people living in certain areas (poorest suburbs), even if they are qualified for the job. So, there is also a segregation related to the applicants' address. There is no doubt that this does not facilitate proper integration and equal opportunities, and also good relationship with long-time established nationals. There is a strong feeling of injustice in these areas.

While some ethnic groups are, apparently, more often involved in some form of delinquency, it is not, again IMHO, directly related to their ethnicity, race or religion, but rather to the conditions under which their parents and themselves live, and to their education level (and the quality thereof) most of the time.

If as a business owner ,you hire those people ,unfortunately ,you are putting yourself at risk for all kinds of potential problems ,potential dishonesty,different work ethics religious and racially related legal problems ...The lesson is ,be careful as to who you invite into your house ...

Once again real French name I feel ashamed for my country.

I feel ashamed (once again) too, but not for the same reason.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704797-french-tourist-threatens-phuket-shop-assistant-with-scissors/#entry7446921

By the way, delinquency is, IMHO, usually related to a low level of education and poor parental monitoring (which is often caused by unfavourable economic conditions), and not directly to the ethnicity or religion of the people concerned. When certain poor populations immigrate in rich countries, they end usually regrouped in a sort of economic ghetto (mainly because of the cost of accommodations) where it is really hard to improve their situation while following the laws strictly. In France, I have noticed, for example and among other things, that it is generally the less experienced teachers who are assigned the mission to educate people living in deprived neighborhoods and suburbs, where most of the poorest immigrants live in this country. Moreover, it was found that employers are oftent reluctent to offer job interviews to people living in certain areas (poorest suburbs), even if they are qualified for the job. So, there is also a segregation related to the applicants' address. There is no doubt that this does not facilitate proper integration and equal opportunities, and also good relationship with long-time established nationals. There is a strong feeling of injustice in these areas.

While some ethnic groups are, apparently, more often involved in some form of delinquency, it is not, again IMHO, directly related to their ethnicity, race or religion, but rather to the conditions under which their parents and themselves live, and to their education level (and the quality thereof) most of the time.

If as a business owner ,you hire those people ,unfortunately ,you are putting yourself at risk for all kinds of potential problems ,potential dishonesty,different work ethics religious and racially related legal problems ...The lesson is ,be careful as to who you invite into your house ...

So, according to you, no one should hire these people? Very interesting! Then, what can they do for a living? If all local employers have your mindset, sure, there can be a lot of crimes perpetuated by this discriminated group! We do not really leave them any other choice, if we push your "logic" to its end!

Strangely enough, the French authorities, did welcome (for instance) the help of the ancestors of these immigrant generations,now stigmatized there, when they were needed in order to serve in the army during wartime and fight for France or when it was time to rebuild the country after the Second World War. They were wanted in mass then, but the main problem IMHO is that very little has been done to accommodate and integrate these populations properly. Again (as explained earlier), this is mostly the environment in which those groups live that creates a sense of injustice, which is often the cause of some forms of delinquency, and not their religion, ethnicity or race.

Mon Diue.. ... and it didn't work? what is the world is coming to that you can't bribe a Thai

official any more....Merde

You people take the piss if they take a bribe and take the piss if they don't.

I give a thumbs up to those officers,credit where credit is due

Imagine. Why, the very idea that a Thai official can be bribed... Absurd and ridiculous, n'est-ce pas?!

But no, you're right, hat's off to the police for catching these scum.

(Oops, wait a minute, now I'm in for it from the "guilty without trial" trolls...)

• Like 1

Obviously hatred and bigotry is very much alive and well in French people. The "wrong" name or race is totally unacceptable to the "quality" French people. I can't help wondering just how many of the "quality" French have a family tree that has much in the way of French roots.

Granted, Paris has the Louvre with it's vast array of plundered treasures of the world and there is the very useful Eiffel Tower. There is also the guillotine for the French to be so proud of.

I have been to France and hated it. Been there, done it and will not do it again. An arrogant superior attitude seemed to prevail everywhere. I can't help but wonder why the French feel the way they do. French are at best an unimpressive bunch living in their own imagined glory. The ThaiVisa French are a group that possess the same traits.

How many French people on Thaivisa ? you know the number ? I am one of them and I don't feel arrogant ; I am always surprised by the hatred shown for France and French on this forum ( same hatred for Thai people: by the way, what are the numerous Thaivisa members doing in this country, obviously they hate and despise Thailand ?) Is hatred of the other nationalities the "marque de fabrique " of Thaivisa ?

At least, I am satisfied to see that you are not indifferent about my country ( and just for you, I am not so much in love for France, my country now is Thailand, I can speak and read the language pretty well and I hope to stay here all the rest of my life.)

I like the French they are nice people and they have that cute little accent but I still say they are called chips and not French fries.

• Like 1

first the French invade them, now they are complaining that they are invaded by arabs. so what is the problem?

The only people linking names to nationalities are members of this forum and I don't see anyone of them claiming they are a French nationals nor complaining actually

Who gives a Monkey's where they are from or what they are - Thieving Scumbags; now they will reap the rewards of their dishonest actions

*Note to self* If engaging in criminal activity always know the going rate for any proffered Tea money and who to pass the said contribution too...

To Manarak

What you say - could be the same words uttered by an Englishman in England about the situation there. It's almost verbatim to what I have heard many times. This is developing into another French bashing forum. Give over !! Let's get back to the Chinese in CM. These are two miserable crooks. So they are French. I have been scammed twice here in Thailand and both times by Englishmen. I have been given a "roofie" by 2 Dutch and God knows what would have happened to me with that pair of cutthroats if my American and Thai friends hadn't taken care of me.

To Manarak

What you say - could be the same words uttered by an Englishman in England about the situation there. It's almost verbatim to what I have heard many times. This is developing into another French bashing forum. Give over !! Let's get back to the Chinese in CM. These are two miserable crooks. So they are French. I have been scammed twice here in Thailand and both times by Englishmen. I have been given a "roofie" by 2 Dutch and God knows what would have happened to me with that pair of cutthroats if my American and Thai friends hadn't taken care of me.

How do you people allow yourselves to be scammed ?

To Manarak

"Let's get back to the Chinese in CM."

Up to you, but this is Phuket Forum...facepalm.gif

It is interesting tho'..out of control..http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706682-chiang-mai-residents-unhappy-with-chinese-tourists/

Edited by andreandre