Visiting the TCT in person?

Does anyone know what happens if a farang(non Asian) approaches the offices of the TCT seeking a waiver(first second or third) to continue to teach next school year? Does this personal appearance really make a difference and can said teacher expect her waiver letter within 24 hours vs. waiting and never knowing the status if same documents are mailed in? I assume for sake of replies, the teacher has/had a work permit and has a college degree from a real University and has a letter from his/her school requesting renewal/issue of said waiver which of course allows the applicant to get a VISA and WP extension(or new).

A post has been removed - the poster has a serious question, please at least wait until there have been a few considered answers before making jokes (Or give some helpful advice as well as making a joke).

I know that one of the Chinese teachers at my school went directly to Krusapa himself and got his waiver sorted. I think he submitted his documents and then they sent the waiver to the school within a week.

I assume the same would work for you, provided you can speak Thai or have someone who can assist you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A post has been removed - the poster has a serious question, please at least wait until there have been a few considered answers before making jokes (Or give some helpful advice as well as making a joke).

I know that one of the Chinese teachers at my school went directly to Krusapa himself and got his waiver sorted. I think he submitted his documents and then they sent the waiver to the school within a week.

I assume the same would work for you, provided you can speak Thai or have someone who can assist you.

Thanks for removal of the childlike reply. One wonders sometimes how some people have so much time to simply waste with same.

I don't speak Thai and don't have anyone to assist me. In addition, I don't really have the week either. VISA and WP expire Feb. 28th, this coming Friday. I could I guess buy a one week VISA ext. but not sure about that on the WP. The school took this long to make their decisions which included all the foreigners, not just me. Student evaluations along with staff discussions on how best to move forward with the program. They simply think the TCT matters are the teachers problem, not theirs, and won't at this point get the Director to make the calls or whatever she could do to get it done. I am again making the assumption the Director's have the connections to take care of such matters but could be wrong. Lastly, as you have by now figured out, they don't care if a foreigner leaves or is forced to jump through hoops and over hurdles. Easily replaced seems to be the attitude. I again think it is the flood of Filipino's which has caused this attitude. Not blaming the Filipino's, it's a Thai decision(s). If the foreigner isn't hired they also save April wages. Could be I guess a win win for the Thai's. Save April, hire a Filipino at lower wage, and don't have to deal with complicated English being spoken along with no western attitudes about right and wrong.

I'd say visit the TCT on Monday then, hopefully they can send your waiver through in less than a week.

In the meantime, get the school to prepare all of the other documents you need.

You can then hopefully get you waiver in time, then a have a mad rush on Thursday/Friday to extend your visa/WP before they expire (and get a final result of "sorry we don't accept cash after 12pm on a Friday, and yes that is the only method of payment available" lol)

A WP can sometimes be issued/extended pending other documents e.g. If proof is shown to them that you've submitted an application to TCT. You then need to fax them the remaining documents within x days. It's at the discretion of the dept officials though. I've found that Immigration is often a bit more strict though, at least in Amnat Charoen anyway, and don't really care if it means you have to leave Thailand and dick around getting new visas etc.

• Like 1

I'd say visit the TCT on Monday then, hopefully they can send your waiver through in less than a week.

You can then hopefully get you waiver in time, then a have a mad rush on Thursday/Friday to extend your visa/WP before they expire (and get a final result of "sorry we don't accept cash after 12pm on a Friday, and yes that is the only method of payment available" lol)

A WP can sometimes be issued/extended pending other documents e.g. If proof is shown to them that you've submitted an application to TCT. You then need to fax them the remaining documents within x days. It's at the discretion of the dept officials though. I've found that Immigration is often a bit more strict though, at least in Amnat Charoen anyway, and don't really care if it means you have to leave Thailand and dick around getting new visas etc.

Not a problem at all and much more efficient to show up in person. Better to take all documents with you, when I was there they also wanted to see my marriage certificate, being on a Non-b visa.

There's a high possibility, ( again, it depends on your personal circumstances) that you could get your waiver within a day.

As a foreigner, you don't have to take a number, just walk in and you'll find many who speak a decent English. If it takes longer than they'll send it to you in about a week, or two, Not longer. And being there makes sense, if they're asking for any additional documents.

One night in Bangkok is okay for me..........-wai.gif

Be happy that you don't have to deal with Phiboonmangsahan. Seems the older woman has left, but it will never be as it was before.

They've got their own laws you won't find online. Sisaket Immigration seems to be much more relaxed. -coffee1.gif

I went to the TCT in person (with my wife) and had a waiver withing 2 hours. Unfortunately, I then changed school 1 week later and have never been able to get a waiver since. This was a few years ago so perhaps things have changed.

Applying for a waiver is much quicker. In my case I had to wait a few days, so had it send to me by EMS. (Provide your own stamps and envelope).

Good to hear you can now even get it same day.

I found them very pleasant.

A new waiver counts towards the total you can get without trying to qualify for the licence.. I suppose also when you change change schools after 1 week.

• Like 1

I went to the TCT in person (with my wife) and had a waiver withing 2 hours. Unfortunately, I then changed school 1 week later and have never been able to get a waiver since. This was a few years ago so perhaps things have changed.

Hi,

You'd still be okay for a second waiver.Not sure when you'd stopped at that wonderful Isaan school, and the cheap Archa at Nong Mek afterwards. Lol

Please see attached link, ( I know that there's a newer one available) , check your status, as it's possible that they didn't really register you back then.

If you're not registered, or on your first, you'll get a second, by sending them some certificates, etc..to show them that you'd done something.

So, if you're still working, are you employed as a teacher, or assistant? Please page me, as this doesn't have to be discussed on an open forum.

Cheers-wai2.gif

TCT website to check waiver status.docx

Hi,

You'd still be okay for a second waiver.Not sure when you'd stopped at that wonderful Isaan school, and the cheap Archa at Nong Mek afterwards. Lol

Please see attached link, ( I know that there's a newer one available) , check your status, as it's possible that they didn't really register you back then.

If you're not registered, or on your first, you'll get a second, by sending them some certificates, etc..to show them that you'd done something.

So, if you're still working, are you employed as a teacher, or assistant? Please page me, as this doesn't have to be discussed on an open forum.

Cheers-wai2.gif

I had a look on the site and they have given me 2 waivers. One from before I went with my misses (25/12/2010) and a second one when I went with my misses (04/04/2011). I have no idea about the first, and they said nothing about it in the April. I figure that's the end of that though.

Hi,

Cheers-wai2.gif

I had a look on the site and they have given me 2 waivers. One from before I went with my misses (25/12/2010) and a second one when I went with my misses (04/04/2011). I have no idea about the first, and they said nothing about it in the April. I figure that's the end of that though.

Just get in touch with your local Rajabhat. Enroll for a weekend course for a BA and you'll get another provisional.It's never too late and you might be the best English speaking guy in class. Lol.

Once you've got your BA, you'll have your TL good for five years, without speaking Tenglish. Good luck.biggrin.png

Hi,

Cheers-wai2.gif

Just get in touch with your local Rajabhat. Enroll for a weekend course for a BA and you'll get another provisional.It's never too late and you might be the best English speaking guy in class. Lol.

Once you've got your BA, you'll have your TL good for five years, without speaking Tenglish. Good luck.biggrin.png

I'm already doing a BA in a Thai College, 14 months to go. Thanks for the supportthumbsup.gif

• Like 1