16 injured in blast near anti-govt protest in Bangkok

Lite Beer

2 violent attacks against peaceful protests and even markets in 2 days

We are still waiting for any sympathetic comment from PM and government

Hopefully the government is waiting the situation to be clear before reacting. Unlike many posters on this thread!

If you believe that somehow the government will not condemn the death of children, I believe you are wrong.

Well, they haven't yet.

If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

It"s right in the middle of the protest stage, the whole of Ratchaphrasong is taken over by the rally, from the junction at Sukhumvit to Pratunam

The police are unable to go into these areas (they are perceived as not neutral) and security is provided by PDRC guards.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like a 5 or 6 year old boy was killed.
Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.
It is not the parents fault. It is the terrorists fault.
Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

Look at the photos the children were at stalls selling clothes among other things, they were NOT at any protests.

Anywhere near danger, like roads ?

Give it a rest you red lot you are just making your cause worse by your disgusting posts.

dont you dare politicize this. the protest sites and the areas surrounding it are ALL danger zones.

• Like 1

When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails .

Send from my Mobile

by terrorists you mean?

One thing I noticed about the pics taken in the immediate aftermath of the attack is the total lack of a police presence. This is on the street just outside Big C and is not near any stages. It's the middle of one of Bangkok's biggest shopping districts, and no police. First responders were the army and rescue crews. The police didn't show up until the army had apprehended some possible suspects.

The lack of a police presence, in light of all the terrorist activity is most disturbing. Do they not care about the security of shoppers on the busy weekend?

It"s right in the middle of the protest stage, the whole of Ratchaphrasong is taken over by the rally, from the junction at Sukhumvit to Pratunam

The police are unable to go into these areas (they are perceived as not neutral) and security is provided by PDRC guards.

Unless they moved it, the stage is near the skytrain, quite far from BigC.

When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails .

Send from my Mobile

Yet another lie, the court did no such thing.

Send from my Mobile

What is keeping the police from making progress on any of the dozens of grenade and shooting attacks against the anti-government protesters and bystanders?

Not one single arrest, no suspects, no leads, no nothing and thus the attacks continue.

• Like 1

Send from my Mobile

by terrorists you mean?

Hahahaha, you are trying to change subject.

This is disgusting. This is Bankgok NOT Bagdhad people. This rubbish needs to stop now !

It is a clan war by any another name. No religious division to plumb,

but it is an us against them clan battle for power.

Of course one clan wants absolute total power and will use extreme violence to get it.

And the other side just wants to stop being the victim of the first side,

it's kleptocracy and vindictive facade of democracy government.

One clan already has the power. Remember? We had elections and a government. There was peace until Suthep came along. So who is the other side that is trying to get power using violence?

There is no peace until there is justice.

• Like 1

Send from my Mobile

Hahahaha, either you are not up-to-date or lie.

• Like 1

you are correct ..... let the facts speak for themselves. The suspects were caught by the soldiers... if the police had been there they would have probably already released the two that were caught.

Send from my Mobile

by terrorists you mean?

No, just trying to delouse a rarely-held opinion on here that blowing up children selling shirts / noodles is justified because they were at /near some protest site.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anyone that pushes blame onto parents for the death of a son will be reported by me. I hope every poster that reads this does the same. Have some respect for the dead. You are only showing your true colors when you do what you do.
Shame.

I don't think anyone is blaming the parents for the deaths directly, but children should not be anywhere near danger, and in case you haven't realized, these places have become very dangerous lately. Go ahead, report this post if you want. But in case my point wasn't clear enough already ill say it again - childrens safely should be put above politics. that means getting those children out of the danger zones immediately.

Look at the photos the children were at stalls selling clothes among other things, they were NOT at any protests.

Give it a rest you red lot you are just making your cause worse by your disgusting posts.

dont you dare politicize this. the protest sites and the areas surrounding it are ALL danger zones.

Are you serious???

"dont you dare politicize this. the protest sites and the areas surrounding it are ALL danger zones."

What like YOU did there in post #6

"enough is enough, Suthep should go to the negotiating table NOW instead of inflaming the situation on a daily basis with his rhetoric."

POT KETTLE and BLACK comes to mind.

"

• The pot calling the kettle black
  • The phrase "The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.

"

check out the video on richard's twitter of the kids being loaded into ambulances after being hit by the bomb at Big C.

Not a bomb as such it seems.

Initial reports say its a 40mm grenade launched from an M79 somewhere in the vicinity..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_grenade_launcher

Often used by NAVY SEALS...............

The tuk-tuk driver has been released and the army and police appear to have no idea who did this. I bet the people whose photos have been posted around everywhere accusing them of being the bomber will perhaps now be taking legal action against the people posting those photos on various places around the internet.

All in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

The report that indicated the suspect threw a device just as he "parked his car" sounds very doubtful to me. There is nowhere to park there. It is not possible and particularly not without the special pass given by security PDRC. It doesn't sound right, not that it is any less sad

Edited by Prbkk

Send from my Mobile

Hahahaha, either you are not up-to-date or lie.

All the courts said to the police was they can enforce the law 'lawfully' (paraphrased).

I posted this to another nonsense post you made about this subject earlier today.

If you can provide me with evidence to the contrary I will admit my mistake and apologize- balls in your court matey...

Send from my Mobile

What is keeping the police from making progress on any of the dozens of grenade and shooting attacks against the anti-government protesters and bystanders?

Not one single arrest, no suspects, no leads, no nothing and thus the attacks continue.

Hahaha, you don't know that the police were barred from entering crimes scenes by the 'peaceful protest' methods of the dem's pdrc/pcad? Hahaha, changing subject again.

Oh yes, the protests were peaceful and unarmed, just children playing war games. LOL.

That´s right, children, three dead today. And you condone this acts of terrorism.

Shame.

Only when the Red Shirts are around.

Have you no shame?

Cowardly acts such as murdering children are sure to get the international press' attention, and not in a good way for the Reds.

Send from my Mobile

by terrorists you mean?

No, just trying to delouse a rarely-held opinion on here that blowing up children selling shirts / noodles is justified because they were at /near some protest site.

Oh, you again. remember

'When judges of court barred law enforcement officers to search rally sites and disperse crowd that violated the rights of the public and clear illegal structures from the middle of the road, lawlessness prevails ."

Do you like to have this type of 'peaceful, unarmed protest' at your premises?

Editing

Forgot to mention, lawlessness can come from any group.

Edited by icommunity

2008 - attack by unknowns men against PAD (Red government)

2010 - attack by unknowns men against Security forces, civilian, public installation (Red demonstration)

2014 - attack by unknowns men against PRDC, civilian, children (Red government)

what you want to tell more !!!!!!

And your point is?

The report that indicated the suspect threw a device just as he "parked his car" sounds very doubtful to me. There is nowhere to park there. It is not possible and particularly not without the special pass given by security PDRC. It doesn't sound right, not that it is any less sad

What ... out the front of Big C there is no parking, so the area would have been free of cars and quite easy to 'short term park' there. Do you even know the area?