How to say "whine" or "whiner" in Thai?

dude123

On 2/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, tgeezer said:

People don’t use words with precision, “only used for” is a statement which is easily disproved.

Why don't you disprove it then if it's easily disproved? Give an example of ขี้โม้ being used in a sentence about a fact which is true.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:41 AM, tgeezer said:

I have no experience of ขี้โม้ so I went downstairs and asked, the answer was boastful. The inflexion -ful I assume is provided for by ขี้.

Then the person who you asked gave you the wrong answer, ask some more people ????

English boastful is ขี้อวด, and as I wrote before ขี้โม้ is just a kind of boastful, but about something that's not true. Is there any word for this in english?

Somebody even made a Youtube video about it:

Then the person who you asked gave you the wrong answer, ask some more people [emoji6]

English boastful is ขี้อวด, and as I wrote before ขี้โม้ is just a kind of boastful, but about something that's not true. Is there any word for this in english?
Somebody even made a Youtube video about it:

Our experience of the use of ขี้โม้ and your inference that if I ask another person I will get a different answer, disproves ‘only used’ doesn’t it?

If you ask an accountant, What do the figures show? his answer is What do you want them to show?

Words are similar, their meaning can be expanded and when that happens they can mean what you want them to mean.
Boastful v. Praising yourself and what you have done.
That can be expanded, by defining in a different way; what you have, or by departing from the definition; what you can achieve. Additionally similes can be suggested and once they are accepted precision is lost in favour of colour.
I admitted that I have no experience of ขี้โม้, my interlocutor said boastful and also โอ้อวด, the very thing which the girl in the video wants to prove do not have the same meaning. The video shows too much in my opinion because it is a specific case of responding to boasting, had the first girl not been โอ้อวด the second girl would not have been ขี้โม้ .
This example supports your case better I think:

อย่าไปเชื่ออะไรกับคนขี้โม้พรรค์นั้นเลย * Do not go believe something with khee mow person, that sort,(of person) at all.

I think that earlier I mentioned a definition of โม้ : โว, พูดเกินความจริง
โว =โอ้อวด Why modify โว with เกินความจริง it could have said ไม่จริง or เท็จ .
Does it mean exaggerate which is a soft way of saying lie?
If instead of a bike the ขี้โม้ girl had one car, would ขี้โม้ still be true?

I think that it is an example of what I said meanings get expanded and as an accountant would say, They can mean what you want them to mean.

* This word for word is in place of phonetics, in case there is anybody who wants to look up the words for pronunciation.

No chance to edit. I discussed this with my interlocutor and he has just learnt that ขี้โม้ does not mean boastful ! You have taught us both something by your insistence. How much more would I have learnt if more people were like us. When I showed him my arguments he came up with exaggeration himself.
Very satisfying.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Whenever I hear ขี้โม้ I take it to mean, "You're so full of it!" or "You're such a liar!" with a playful, rather than accusatory, connotation. It's not a phrase I hear used in more formal or serious settings, where we might choose a more delicate construction like พูดเกินความจริง.