Shhhh> Auntie Betsy's Toad In The Hole Is Available In

Where are TOPS supermarkets located?

Here are a few of the stores that they emailed me about somthing the other day

We stock them in only 28 stores that are sold international food; Store Airport,

Store All Season, Store Bangna, Store Chidlom, Store Hatyai, Store Huaykaew,

Store Lardprow, Store Nana Square, Store Nanglynchee, Store Pattaya South Tukcom,

Store Pattaya, Store Phuket Festival, Store Phuket, Store Pinklao, Store Piyarom, Store Rama III,

Store Rama II, Store Rangsit, Store Ratchada, Store Rattanathibet, Store Samui, Store Silom Complex,

Store Sriracha, Store Sukhapibal 3, Store Sukhumvit 24, Store Sukhumvit 41, Store Sukhumvit, and

Store Thonglor.

:o

• 2 weeks later...

Since i just learned what spotted dick is, I might as well further my education in things Brit: What's Toad in the Hole? It doesn't sound appetizing to me, but neither did spotted dick until I found out what it was.

Is there something wrong with getting 4 of Yorkies Pork Sausages or Bunters if you're in BKK, laying them in a baking tray full of perfect Yorkshire pudding mix, and oven cooking till the pudding rises over and around the bangers?

Or are you one of these people that think because you can buy it in Iceland back in Blighty, that it is the TOPS.

Since i just learned what spotted dick is, I might as well further my education in things Brit: What's Toad in the Hole? It doesn't sound appetizing to me, but neither did spotted dick until I found out what it was.

I think that it is ham, fried eggs and potatoes fried with cabbage and it is pretty good. :o

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not a big fan of Yorkshire pudding, kinda bland but I guess with sausages and gravy it could be good.

Cathyy this is a yorkshire pudding:

yorkshire-pudding-puffs.gif

They're sad looking yorkshire puds.

These look more like the ones my gran used to make.

c9fc62d3.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm toad in the hole. :o

800pxtoadinthehole8ee.jpg

This is what i call real Y Toad in the hole and looking at the photo it,s enough to make my mouth dribble / water. Slurpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Note how the Yorky has risen, also Charmas wifes, if it,s not like that when your served it, it,s a poor imitation and not cooked or prepared as it should.

By the way can you get the frozen ones nationwide at TOPs please.

My problem when i,m there is we only have access to a microwave so they are ideal.

It will heat the frozen ones up when they,re thawed out and it,s better than none at all.

Marshbags :D:D:D

P.S.

I,ve yet to come across a true Yorky who hasn,t been brought up on them and if they are cooked and eaten as they are meant to be, they are very tasty.

Edited by marshbags

I,ve yet to come across a true Yorky who hasn,t been brought up on them and if they are cooked and eaten as they are meant to be, they are very tasty.

At my Grans on Sunday lunch it used to Yorkshire puds with gravy for starters. Roast Beef or Lamb veggies , Roast potatoes (done in the meat dish of course) , Yorkshire puds and gravy for main. And Yorkshire pud with Golden Syrup for desert.

Fantastic.

Cheers

Percy

Captain

YRA

Yorkshire Republican Army

At my Grans on Sunday lunch it used to Yorkshire puds with gravy for starters. Roast Beef or Lamb veggies , Roast potatoes (done in the meat dish of course) , Yorkshire puds and gravy for main. And Yorkshire pud with Golden Syrup for desert.

Fantastic.

Cheers

Percy

Captain

YRA

Sounds like home to me ...did you ever have Yorkshire Pud with a vinegar salad with chopped boiled eggs ???????

Fantastic.

Cheers

Percy

Captain

YRA

Sounds like home to me ...did you ever have Yorkshire Pud with a vinegar salad with chopped boiled eggs ???????

Nope. But will try it the next time I fire up the oven.

Cheers

Guest endure

I think that it is ham, fried eggs and potatoes fried with cabbage and it is pretty good. :o

Potatoes and cabbage refried from the previous day's meal is called 'bubble & squeak'.