BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
leisurely

Shhhh> Auntie Betsy's Toad In The Hole Is Available In

I,ve yet to come across a true Yorky who hasn,t been brought up on them and if they are cooked and eaten as they are meant to be, they are very tasty.

At my Grans on Sunday lunch it used to Yorkshire puds with gravy for starters. Roast Beef or Lamb veggies , Roast potatoes (done in the meat dish of course) , Yorkshire puds and gravy for main. And Yorkshire pud with Golden Syrup for desert.

Fantastic.

Cheers

Percy

Captain

YRA

Yorkshire Republican Army

Sounds like home to me ...did you ever have Yorkshire Pud with a vinegar salad with chopped boiled eggs ???????

I,ve yet to come across a true Yorky who hasn,t been brought up on them and if they are cooked and eaten as they are meant to be, they are very tasty.

At my Grans on Sunday lunch it used to Yorkshire puds with gravy for starters. Roast Beef or Lamb veggies , Roast potatoes (done in the meat dish of course) , Yorkshire puds and gravy for main. And Yorkshire pud with Golden Syrup for desert.

Fantastic.

Cheers

Percy

Captain

YRA

Yorkshire Republican Army

Sounds like home to me ...did you ever have Yorkshire Pud with a vinegar salad with chopped boiled eggs ???????

Nope. But will try it the next time I fire up the oven.

Cheers

Guest endure

Since i just learned what spotted dick is, I might as well further my education in things Brit: What's Toad in the Hole? It doesn't sound appetizing to me, but neither did spotted dick until I found out what it was.

I think that it is ham, fried eggs and potatoes fried with cabbage and it is pretty good. :o

Potatoes and cabbage refried from the previous day's meal is called 'bubble & squeak'.