Sunsets

:o

I have seen that a few of our members have sunset photos and since I do enjoy them, please post them here if you wish.

Kan - Panoramic Photo

medium.jpg

Kan - Panoramic Photo - same place different sunset.

medium.jpg

Patong Beach

medium.jpg

Kan

medium.jpg

Kan - Panoramic photo

large.jpg

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful world and wonderful pictures from Thaivisa's members. I love silhouetted pixs as well as from Taxexile * bangkok construction *

Would also like to share some of mine. :o

...Colorful of Fall Time ( over my balcony )

...Dawn......a quick snap shot during the bus driving.

...Sun Rising and *a lonely bird* upon the horizon ( over my balcony )

...Resize Sunset was taken over my balcony ( with filter in orange )

...Out of the cabin on Niles...sunsetting and wonderful atmosphere.

All with Nikon Coolpix 4300 :D

post-14758-1149189222_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1149189250_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1149189331_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1149189389_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1149189417_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1149189452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kathe

Jomtien Jan06 :D

:D:D:D looks like my pic ....er...ahm...OK yours looks is a bit more professional.

:D

Cheers

KY

Not bad for a photo from my mobile :D

....erm...whatever.... :o

However, this one is a really bad mobile pic though on midsummernight in North-Scotland

post-25680-1149244480_thumb.jpg

Haven't gotten any good sunset shots in Thailand yet, unless there are some in a box of negatives and prints that I cannot find right now...

Here is one of my all time favorites. It is descending to a place called Trail Camp that is at about 12,000 foot elevation, so probably taken from around 12,700 feet I would guess. This is looking east at sunset on the eastern slope of Mt. Whitney in CA. So, all the color is back-scattered light, and the pink/blue boundary you see is the shadow of the mountain range behind me, painted into the sky far above the dark blue mountain range in the far distance.

(apologies if this attachment didn't work... i've never tried to post a photo before)

One more while I am at it... this is the San Francisco Bay from the Berkeley hills. Same junky fixed-focus camera and hand-held shooting technique as the previous mountain shot. This is a scan of a drug-store print from 35mm film. View the XGA-width attachment and you can just make out the Golden Gate Bridge roadway and supports in the lower center.

Haven't gotten any good sunset shots in Thailand yet, unless there are some in a box of negatives and prints that I cannot find right now...

Here is one of my all time favorites. It is descending to a place called Trail Camp that is at about 12,000 foot elevation, so probably taken from around 12,700 feet I would guess. This is looking east at sunset on the eastern slope of Mt. Whitney in CA. So, all the color is back-scattered light, and the pink/blue boundary you see is the shadow of the mountain range behind me, painted into the sky far above the dark blue mountain range in the far distance.

(apologies if this attachment didn't work... i've never tried to post a photo before)

Very nice pix, autonomous_unit. The beautiful of nature never disappointed us. More pixs pls.

• 10 months later...

Nice photos and please post more.

Two of mine, shown before on Thai Visa, hope you do not mind:-

Took me 120 shots to get this one correct.

post-3770-1178018971_thumb.jpg

post-3770-1178019102_thumb.jpg

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o