Tourists shocked as Phuket beach water turns rancid again in Karon, this time black

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I don’t know know what has caused this much outflow, but I think business operators in Karon dumped a lot of wastewater into the canal,” he said.

Hmmm, two things, lets try : (i) Untreated effluence building up during the dry season and no control (ii) Heavy rain last night across the west coast.

There we go. QED.

Heavy rain where?

If you abuse your environment for greed what do you expect. Once you have destroyed it completely you will be left sitting alone and asking the question, why don't the tourists come any more.

Do think Tony got that message? This will be the GB before ya know it! bah.gif

If you abuse your environment for greed what do you expect. Once you have destroyed it completely you will be left sitting alone and asking the question, why don't the tourists come any more.

An old Cree Indian saying would be very appropriate here IMO;

" Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find money cannot be eaten." ~ Cree

Here is another Cree quote for people who need to get their priorities straight

What is life?

the flash of the firefly in the night

the breath of the buffalo in the wintertime

The little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset

Chief Crowfoot shortly before his death

The amount of beaches in Thailand I'm willing to go have a swim at is steadily decreasing. Soon it's holiday in Cambodia/Myanmar/Malesia if I want to go to the beach, I suppose. With the living costs going up all the time and the constant political BS here .. the value of Thailand is getting lower.

• Like 1

" Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find money cannot be eaten." ~ Cree

Here is another Cree quote for people who need to get their priorities straight

What is life?

the flash of the firefly in the night

the breath of the buffalo in the wintertime

The little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset

Chief Crowfoot shortly before his death

Update:

"When you are following me on Twitter*, you are literally following my life." - Justin Beiber

* Presumably because one doesn't have a life of his own ...

Edited by MaxYakov

Oh Black Water, keep on rollin'

Phuket moon won't cha' keep on shining on me....

Oh Black Water, keep on rollin'

It reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies theme tune.

Up from the ground came a bubbling crude, black gold, Texas tea, that is.

jb1

• Like 2

The amount of beaches in Thailand I'm willing to go have a swim at is steadily decreasing. Soon it's holiday in Cambodia/Myanmar/Malesia if I want to go to the beach, I suppose. With the living costs going up all the time and the constant political BS here .. the value of Thailand is getting lower.

You could always try Yarmouth (UK) last time I swam there a turd came floating past me. That was about 30yrs ago. lol

jb1

coffee1.gif Meanwhile, various problems in life emerge and they have to be dealt with, the time for being poetic and reflective is when the game is over, it's not yet that time!

• Like 1

coffee1.gif Meanwhile, various problems in life emerge and they have to be dealt with, the time for being poetic and reflective is when the game is over, it's not yet that time!

Not poetic and reflective at all , the way i see it

I think it is indeed a truism..in Phukets case for sure.

The last time I swam at a beach in Phuket was a few years ago, when a host of rubbery plastic "things" were floating in the entire Nai Harn beach area (it was during summer months, low season). The few times I swam at the beach in Phuket, I used goggles and observed ropes, plastic bags, pieces of material floating near the bottom---

since then, I much prefer using swimming pools, and then I can't be sure if the pools are being chlorinated correctly