Phuket boatmen block access to famed beach

webfact

Unfortunately Phuket is like most of tourist Thailand but sort of magnifiedx10, yes they rip poeple off because they don't think long term,and the think the well will never run dry,well while less and less westerners go,more and more russians and chinese will however often these groups may spend less than westerners,certainly the russians as i saw recently in Koh chang,as they mobbed a newly opened tesco lotus,almost emptiying it of beer and victuals in hours,this i presume they would consume back in their lodgings,thus saving on restaurant and bar bills,which as a large bottle of singha cost 65 baht in the shop and up to 125 baht in some restaurants i can see their point,as a mark up of 100% or just over seems a little excessive,however the point i am trying to make is these are two week package tourists,this behaviour i would suggest is not so common from tourists from western countries that visit so the net effect is local resturants,bars will loose out as gradually western tourists are left with a bad taste in their mouths having been the victim of one of the endless scams on Phuket and do not return their or even back to thailand.This leaves a future dominated by russian and chinese tourists who will spend less,and though i hate to generalise are not the most polite of nations,once this happens i see the place becoming like some of those dumps in Spain or Greece dominated by drunken brits,but the Thai's cannot see this. I went to Koh chang first in 1995,wow it was great,undeveloped etc,the change is incredible,as for Phuket,i cannot see myself ever going back.

Agree with your statement, and also about ''Drunken Brits'' that have left 'Spain and Greece'' DUMPS.... , I considered moving there, but , within 2 mins knew Spain was not for me, ... and i am ''British'' .., its tacky and full of British Chavs..

There is a great programme on the UK T.V. called ''Benidorm'', and they have got us down to a fine art... Its hysterical and VERY TRUE...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are right. They really do have no future. Lazy, ill-mannered and resorting to thuggery, hopefully, like the dinosaurs, they will one day become extinct.

just another farang with too much to say about someone else's country. you're merely a guest here ... what are you doing here anyway? ... couldn't hack it in your own country, so you've come to leach off and exploit the beautiful people of thailand! if you have no respect for the thais, i suggest you pack you bags !

A bit harsh ???,

''What are you doing here anyway ?""

... He is like the rest of us, here, visiting the ''Beautiful Temples'' and the ''Countryside''..

hope that explains it ...

Right, ''Two packet of crisps and a pint of Lager''....

If anyone is planning to visit there soon...please tell that guy to find a new hairdresser/barber as it's really his hair that is losing him customers.

I think its called a ''Bowl Cut'' , mega popular in the 40's, when things were a bit tight....

Not that i am an expert..

Cheers

Viddal

It's a well known fact that the Scot's write and speak the best Queens English.

Is that why countries outside GB subtitle Billy Connolly? huh.png

I am excluded, as i am a bit thick, and i admit it..., not sure about ''Speaking the best Queens English'' ?? as ''English'' is not my first language., ''Scottish'' is...