From Non O to 1 year Ed Visa

My Non O visa which is based on Marriage expires in June. Basically, I would go for a visa run in June, get a 90 day extension then go back to my home country to get a new non O. However, for the coming year I am thinking of getting a 1 year Ed visa instead. Now I know I can probably get information from the tuition schools, but would rather an unbiased opinion from here first.

Has anyone done this? Is it possible to get the Ed visa while I am still in the country on my Non O? Even better would be if it is possible to get the Ed visa after the Non O expires in June and while I am still here on my 90 day entry permit until September.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any tips on how to do this also - I am based in Phuket - and yes, I really do want to learn Thai!

You could apply for an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon going to school during the last 30 days of any of your 90 day entries you get from your visa.

The visas expiration date means nothing once you are in the,country. It is only the last day that you can use it to enter the country.;

I think Phuket only does 6 month extensions for attending a language school which is better than some places that only do 90 day extensions,.

• Like 1