NON O multi entry visa trip to Singapore

I'm a Uk passport holder, I had NO Thai visas in my passport prior to flying to Singapore.

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA-O (THAI SPOUSE) SINGAPORE EMBASSY

Flight from BKK SIN Tiger airlines

Wednesday Departed 18:10 arrive 21:10

Friday Return flight depart 17:30-18:55

Taxi from airport to hotel 25$Sing

Went to thai embassy Wednesday morning, across the road from orchard parade hotel 2 min walk, 9:00, line of about 10-15 expats, 9:15 opened, application for Non immigrant visa Multi entry, it took 20 mins waiting and checking all documents,

Went back next day from 14:00-15:00, collected visa after 10 min wait

Flight 4,400 THB

Hotel 2 nights 600$ Sing including breakfast ( ok buffet)

Visa cost 250 Sing

Taxi from hotel to airport 25$ sing

Total cost ALL approx 25-27K THB

Required documents are:

1. One completed and signed visa application form

2. One recent passport-sized photograph (3.5 x 4.5cm)

3. Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)

4. Copy of Airline ticket or confirmation slip with flight number date of entry

5. Copy of Marriage Certificate, Passport and Identity Card of Thai spouse

(Copies of documents must be signed by Thai Spouse)

6. Singed Letter from Thai spouse

7. Bank Statement (at least 400,000 Baht)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bolt

Did you show financial proof. You must of applied on a good day for them. There have been reports of them denying the applications.

I still will not suggest Singapore as a location to get a visa unless you are going there for another reason.

Edit: I see that you have edited you topic since I did this post. Are you aware you could get an extension of stay and not have border runs if you have the 400k baht to show. You could of gone to Savannakeht and not needed to sow financial proof for half the cost (or less) of your trip.

• Like 1

I understand from the lack of comment that you got the multi Non-O visa. What was the reason for the visa? Married to Thai, Works, ? For the record.

Sorry, the other posts did not show up before I asked.

I chose Singapore for convenience, not for cost.

Stress free, absolute no Ploblem, I had 2-3 emails from the staff prior to applying, they were very helpful, my bank proof was less than 30 days in the bank.

I also did not show an DEPARTURE flight ticket from Thailand, only my entry flight.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bolt

whistling.gif Thanks for this report, we appreciate detailed reports on what any particular embassy or consulate wanted and required for a visa to be issued.

It seems you had all the required documents and had planned ahead.

That provides the idea for others of what they need to be successful .... and that is valuable knowledge.

So thanks again for providing that information for others to use.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info on your experience. I will be going for my extension based on Marriage to a Thai very soon after I get my Affidavits done and over and receive the Marriage Cert. I'm still going to Vientiane on Tuesday to get a double-entry Visa so hold me over until I can clear up all the paperwork I will need. When I come back I will apply for my 1 year Thai Driver's License. Can anyone provide any info on the "issues", if any, of taking and passing the test to obtain a Thai Drivers License? Also I would hope the Driver's License Test Book is available in "English", correct? Any information will be so much appreciated, like the Test difficulty if any, and the expected passing grade, etc.? Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info on your experience. I will be going for my extension based on Marriage to a Thai very soon after I get my Affidavits done and over and receive the Marriage Cert. I'm still going to Vientiane on Tuesday to get a double-entry Visa so hold me over until I can clear up all the paperwork I will need. When I come back I will apply for my 1 year Thai Driver's License. Can anyone provide any info on the "issues", if any, of taking and passing the test to obtain a Thai Drivers License? Also I would hope the Driver's License Test Book is available in "English", correct? Any information will be so much appreciated, like the Test difficulty if any, and the expected passing grade, etc.? Thanks in advance

See this topic on the motoring forum: Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving Licences

Hi - i know it was not meant to be funny at all, but your questions about the Thai driving licence did make me chuckle. Relax - it is not a 'real test' with 'grades' ! Most people will tell you that if you can stamp on a pedal on the floor when a light in front of you turns from green to red, you will pass. There is a rudimentary 'eye test' as well. I don't remember any kind of 'Test Book', but maybe that has come in recently - other members might help with that. Two points - obviously, your home licence must be up to date and in clean shape, taking that to show them is a must; second, i found it relly helpful to take a polite Thai person with me to avoid problems with language which would just hold things up and irritate the office staff. You will need some proof of where you live i think - name in 'House Book' ? - but check this with others as my memory isn't 100% on what i had years ago. Good Luck - but i'm sure you'll be fine ! :-)

I think the main requirement for the test is being able to watch the hour long video without falling asleep.

I don't think you can apply while still on a Tourist Visa.

A medical certificate will be needed. If you have a pulse you will get one OK.

As Joe said, plenty of pages to read here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/27462-applying-for-1-5-year-thai-driving-licences/

• Like 1

See this topic on the motoring forum: Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving Licences

Thanks UJ, ur always so prompt with ur helpful info! I see this here:

A recent report (April 2009) says that documents required for first application are:

Original passport + 2 copies of visa page and main page;

Medical report (any doctor can supply)

Address confirmation from immigration + 1 copy;

Current International Driving Permit

First registration, after that reaction test, colour test, another colour test, after that payment and making pictures.

** How do I get an Address Confirmation? Also I do NOT have an "International Driving Permit" just a US License expiring the end of April. Thanks

horsesr4all2luv Once you have your 12 month extension from Immigration they will issue you with the address confirmation document.

It is pretty pointless asking here as every driving licence authority will have different rules.

Asking them is the only way to find out what exactly they need.

Thanks UJ, ur always so prompt with ur helpful info! I see this here:

A recent report (April 2009) says that documents required for first application are:

Original passport + 2 copies of visa page and main page;

Medical report (any doctor can supply)

Address confirmation from immigration + 1 copy;

Current International Driving Permit

First registration, after that reaction test, colour test, another colour test, after that payment and making pictures.

** How do I get an Address Confirmation? Also I do NOT have an "International Driving Permit" just a US License expiring the end of April. Thanks

You look a little further forward in the topic or work you way back from the last page or do a post in that topic with your questions.

Hi - i know it was not meant to be funny at all, but your questions about the Thai driving licence did make me chuckle. Relax - it is not a 'real test' with 'grades' ! Most people will tell you that if you can stamp on a pedal on the floor when a light in front of you turns from green to red, you will pass. There is a rudimentary 'eye test' as well. I don't remember any kind of 'Test Book', but maybe that has come in recently - other members might help with that. Two points - obviously, your home licence must be up to date and in clean shape, taking that to show them is a must; second, i found it relly helpful to take a polite Thai person with me to avoid problems with language which would just hold things up and irritate the office staff. You will need some proof of where you live i think - name in 'House Book' ? - but check this with others as my memory isn't 100% on what i had years ago. Good Luck - but i'm sure you'll be fine ! :-)

Glad I brought "someone" a chuckle, lol! I guess alot more serious stuff in the US to obtain a NEW Driver's License! I guess I'll just go the office with my beautiful new wife and let her "talk and ask questions for me"! I'm sure I'll be funny more on here! Better than being a "bitter old man" right? cya

Glad I brought "someone" a chuckle, lol! I guess alot more serious stuff in the US to obtain a NEW Driver's License! I guess I'll just go the office with my beautiful new wife and let her "talk and ask questions for me"! I'm sure I'll be funny more on here! Better than being a "bitter old man" right? cya
Oh yes WAY more serious in the US and the UK, where some people fail over and over before getting their first licence. That is not the Thai way. I think they know how tough our tests are, so having a current Driver's Licence from back home is half the job done. As far as an International Driving Permit is concerned - well, i would only say that although hardly anyone here ever worries about the legality of them, they are STRICTLY-speaking only Legal to drive here for 3 months, no matter how much 'validity' they have left on them. This is simply because they were originally created for holiday-driving abroad. People get confused (the police as well), that because they are Valid for 1 Year, they are also Legal to USE for 1 Year - unless someone knows different, that's not true. But you need to get off this thread and into Motoring anyway, so i won't say anymore on here. You'll be fine - it's the easiest so-called 'Test' you will ever take !

I had my absolutely negative Singapore-Thai Consulate experiencebah.gif some years ago, wrote a Thread about it.

If the personal has changed, OK, maybe a different wind.

But, normally, Singapore Thai Consular section sees me only again, when there is really, no alternative in the SEA area! blink.png

If you are married to a Thai and now have a Visa for a year then you need to get a Marriage Visa from your local Immigration Office.

Go there and ask what papers you need or check the Thai Visa forums.

Cost 1900 bt per year and maybe a tickle for the home visit( one time only).

Thai licence needs a proof of residency form from Immigration unless you have the yellow book.

You don't get visas at immigration you get extensions of stay other than a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay.

There is no marriage visa of any kind. There are non-o visas from an embassy or consulate based upon marriage and extensions of stay based upon marriage.

• 2 months later...

Oh Crap. Im going to Singapore on Sunday, I only have 1 day to get my visa before I fly back on the tuesday. Is there enough time to get it an Non Immigrant O in 1 day?

Apply 09:15 - 11:30 am on a working day (Monday-Friday excluding Thai/Singapore holidays) collect 02.00pm-03.00 pm next working day.

As has been posted before, Singapore are not renowned for their flexibility - their website says specifically - 'no same day visa service' see link below:

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-consular

Best you investigate the cost of changing your flight out to late Tuesday at the earliest.

Good to hear of a success in Singapore for a multi entry non imm o, not many neighbouring consulates seem to issue them now,, maybe with this tightening of the rules on the border runs will also prompt the authorities to provide better services in surrounding consulates for visa applicants,, currently I'm in savannakhet off to make my non imm o application

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Savannakhet is the best location to get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage to a Thai. Thay do not ask for financial proof.

I don't recommend making a trip to Singapore because of their inconsistent requirements to get any visa.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good to hear of a success in Singapore for a multi entry non imm o, not many neighbouring consulates seem to issue them now,, maybe with this tightening of the rules on the border runs will also prompt the authorities to provide better services in surrounding consulates for visa applicants,, currently I'm in savannakhet off to make my non imm o application

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let us know the status of this.

Savannakhet is the best location to get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage to a Thai. Thay do not ask for financial proof.

I don't recommend making a trip to Singapore because of their inconsistent requirements to get any visa.

Can you also use Savannakhet to get multiple entry based on visiting family (child, without marriage)?

I felt confident that I could have gotten a multiple non-o at Penang if I asked for it and paid the fee, but maybe we'll see next time. They accepted financial proof in non-thai bank which was cool. If it is the same amount for multiple entry vs single entry, then that's great (150k-ish baht equivalent)