DMSO - Available here?

jpeg

Not that I am aware of.

I've just located a Health Store on Samui (I'm on Phuket) who advertise that they stock it. For those who aren't aware of this 'mineral', it's used to treat mainly sprains/arthritis. There are a lot of other claims to it's efficacy on a plethora of other ailments. I need it for ongoing pain following a bad ankle sprain.

There're many links on the web, for those who are interested. It is easily available online, but if can be bought locally - and from that which I've read, find it difficult to understand why it can't be - it would of course be much more convenient/inexpensive.

Here, but probably not intended for medical use:

http://www.codsana.com/ad-4d4d1de8e216a7b36d030370.html

Doesn't sound like the above is meant for consumption, period. DMSO is also commonly used as an industrial solvent.

From my extensive research, I found it was originally used as a solvent in the paper industry. It's a bi product of the process which, having been poured on to a local road, was found to be very appealing to the local fauna sad.png When tested (after all, animals know best what is er, best for them), it was found to be very efficacious in a number of, primarily joint/muscle pains. It's regularly used on horses, for instance, horse liniment? and is a favourite with athletes.

There are various 'conspiracy' theories as to it's not having been approved by the US FDA, Big Pharma being one, as it is very cheap. Anyway, here's one of the many links to this product http://www.dailymile.com/blog/health/dmso-the-best-injury-treatment-youve-never-heard-of

Actually DMSO is approved by the US FDA for certain medical uses, though not the one you have in mind.

Even though the same chemical, you should not ingest preparations that are intended for topical or industrial use, needs to be of a grade intended for human consumption.

Actually DMSO is approved by the US FDA for certain medical uses, though not the one you have in mind.

Even though the same chemical, you should not ingest preparations that are intended for topical or industrial use, needs to be of a grade intended for human consumption.

So the FDA has approved DMSO for some medical uses? Which ones?

I'd've thought it a given that I would use it topically for a sprain. But thanks for the scant info.

Right. Ebay/Amazon it is then biggrin.png

• Like 1

This company sells DSMO in Thailand in several grades, including Pharma grade. But I doubt you can buy a small amount.

http://www.gaylordchemical.com/index.php?page=dmso

They use (among others) this distributor in Thailand:

http://www.tsquare-lube.com/

Even though it might be pharma grade, I think it's only intended for use in industrial processes, so you would have to buy per 1000 kg :)

Edited by kriswillems

....So the FDA has approved DMSO for some medical uses? Which ones?....

interstitial cystitis (instillation in the bladder)

it is also used as an agent in many topical creams for its ability to help transport other medications through the skin.

After visiting my local animal hospital here and being told they didn't stock DMSO, well there being a dearth of horses here, but worth a go biggrin.png I then popped into my favourite pharmacist who looked somewhat askance and asked why I wanted it (she didn't stock it BTW). I told her 'for a sprain', she told me Thai hospitals stock it for treating those who've OD'd on LaoKao w00t.gif

She's going to try to procure some for me and my sprain smile.png

There was a 60 Minutes program aired on DMSO in the US. It's available on YT. Interesting.

• 4 years later...
22 hours ago, aronjack077 said:

DMSO Therapy is a natural anti-inflammatory solution for pain, circulation problems, tissue damage and degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia, arthritis, back pain, poor circulation. Get online pure natural DMSO creme and gel.

Thanks for the link....I do not speak German, do they send to Thailand?

Used to buy in amazon, not anymore. Biovea still does, at a crazy price!

Lazada also sells one, around Bath 3200, no mention of medical grade. 

DMSO is pretty useful for all my pains: lower back sacrum pain, knee pain, shoulder stiffness, wrist pain, etc. Can combine with vergin coconut oil to deliver deeper on the face/neck but has to be medical grade.