Ducati monster 795

JaiLai

Has anyone bought one of these recently in Thailand, good or bad experience.

I had a look at their website, is there any lead time you must wait after ordering?

At 399K THB not a bad deal really...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

As ll2 says, the 796 is the better option now. I was told one month wait for the 796 from Ducati Rama 3 but unfortunately they wouldn't do a trade-in on my existing bike so I didn't buy it.

Ducati don't seem interested in trade ins, I tried to trade in my 848 but they were not interested in phuket but were happy to do a sale or return for a percentage, odd.

Thanks for the info and suggestions gents.

Is there much difference in price throughout the outlets in Thailand as i travel about a lot, or is the service better in some places than others?

Thanks.

price is the same throughout, ducatithailand.com has the full price list, from my experience of buying 2 bikes there is no room for negotiation, i just about scraped a free t-shirt! Couldn't answer about the servicing apart from where I am in Phuket, so far so good, no complaints, although anything a bit more serious like when I had a faulty regulator was referred via Bangkok HQ, ended up being covered under warranty and the part delivered in 2 days.

Edited by B1ade

It was a few years back that Ducati Thonglor stopped doing trade-ins. They were just getting too many and the forecourt was packed with secondhand Ducs they couldn't sell.

I hope more Ducati mechanics are being trained properly. Jay, their top guy who recently moved to he Vipawadee branch was trained in Italy and also trains Duc mechanics in the SEA region. He's very good. The others, last time I looked, were, how shall I say, very Thai in their style of work. Be careful at Rama 3. They botched up a job on my bike last year. Wasn't impressed.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

As ll2 says, the 796 is the better option now. I was told one month wait for the 796 from Ducati Rama 3 but unfortunately they wouldn't do a trade-in on my existing bike so I didn't buy it.

What model is your existing bike?

What model is your existing bike?
The bike I wanted to trade was a 2008 Ninja 250 and I wasn't expecting top dollar either, that's why I was surprised. Back home I could have negotiated about 50% of what I was asking for the Ninja as a cash discount so it was strange that they'd give up a sale for such a small amount compared to the price of the 796.

I guess sales are good, no biggie though I wasn't 100% set on it anyway but a nice easy deal on the px would have swung it. I've got a feeling big bikes are going to come down in price a bit in the next 12 months so I can wait.

Edited by JonnyF

Yeah, I've never known Ducati to trade in non-Ducs.

Is this going to be your first big(ish) bike? Maybe go for something with a bit more oomph if you can. A middleweight like an R6 or CBR500/600, gsxr600 perhaps?

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Yeah, I've never known Ducati to trade in non-Ducs.

Is this going to be your first big(ish) bike? Maybe go for something with a bit more oomph if you can. A middleweight like an R6 or CBR500/600, gsxr600 perhaps?

Oh ok, I thought Nikster traded in a Versys on a Ducati but I might be mistaken.

Already got a gsxr600, the 796 was meant to replace the Ninja as my city bike but I'll probably sell both later in the year and replace with one bike, probably 1000cc ish. Just need to decide between naked and supersport, can't make up my mind...

16000 km up on mine no complaints,service in Udon cannot fault, handling improved with rosso II tryes,no complaints about the seat position,power to weight ratio perfect for Thailand, brakes are the best I've had on a bike and saved me a couple of times and then there is the sound of the Ducati that only a Ducati rider can tell you aboutbiggrin.png

• Like 1

i raced a ducati 795 down the super highway yesterday (he was tucked and i was tucked) on a cbr 250 with light mods...

he started hard, i pursued (didnt realize he wanted to race)...he kept looking back....surprisingly he could not get away, this went on from Jedyod intersection to next light. He started to pull away a little when he went into the underpass, but i caught back up on the upward slope.

on a longer road im sure he would have walked away.

a bit shocked. i thought it would be faster.

Edited by KRS1

Would be interested to hear from Monster 795 owners what they have

seen as top speeds?

I do not mean the type where you get into top gear & 1-2 minutes later what the speed is

but say 10 seconds wide open top gear after having wound up each gear before?

Have read 172kph-210kph but that is a very wide variance so would be curious to hear

from any actual owners here...Just out of curiosity

Thanks

Edited by mania

i raced a ducati 795 down the super highway yesterday (he was tucked and i was tucked) on a cbr 250 with light mods...

he started hard, i pursued (didnt realize he wanted to race)...he kept looking back....surprisingly he could not get away, this went on from Jedyod intersection to next light. He started to pull away a little when he went into the underpass, but i caught back up on the upward slope.

Seems he wasnt a real good rider; but on the other hand the 795/796 does have a really looooooong gearing.

• Like 1

it is all about the rider especially if it comes to curves!

• Like 2

no one can suck that bad though ...555 laugh.png

i was at about 163 kph during the fastest part, then traffic came up. Removing the cbr 250 tail gave a big boost in acceleration - no more windscoop.

i swear this bike is getting faster with age.blink.png

Edited by KRS1

Ive order a Ducati M796 Red arrives around the march 20th mark. I payed a deposit of 30k at the Ratchphurek branch, but i recently bought a Bmw HP4 and i currently have a Yamaha R1. Just wondering if i could sell the deposit to someone else who is trying to get the Ducati! If you were to book now you will need to wait until end of april or early may!

One of my old monsters has done 86.000 miles s with no problems the other 2 are also bullet proof but i do all my own servicing ,even on my S4 in thailand , the new ones are all good bikes , I just dont like underseat exhausts ,,i want a Streetfighter 848.

seen as top speeds?

I do not mean the type where you get into top gear & 1-2 minutes later what the speed is

Have read 172kph-210kph but that is a very wide variance so would be curious to hear

Thanks

Yes you read correct 210 kph is about it with the standard gearing

• Like 1

seen as top speeds?

Thanks

I have been up to 214 km/h on my 796. As mentioned before the gear ratio is really long!

1st 32/13, 2nd 30/18, 3rd 28/21, 4th 26/23, 5th 22/22, 6th 24/26
Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

i recently bought a Bmw HP4

I need to threadjack a little.

What a stunning bike!

post-181811-1394004548191_thumb.jpg I always thought BMW made some of the fugliest bikes around until the S1000RR came out.

Have fun!

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

• Like 1

no one can suck that bad though ...555 laugh.png

i was at about 163 kph during the fastest part, then traffic came up. Removing the cbr 250 tail gave a big boost in acceleration - no more windscoop.

i swear this bike is getting faster with age.blink.png

Or maybe it is you getting faster with age:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2