Hua Hin High Speed Train Proposal Prepared

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'solditallandmovedhere' ... "negative people and sewer mouths"

so a whole country can take on this massive debt so you can get from A to B at your convenience ... what a selfish little twit !

Twit? You sir, are the problem here on TV! It's people like you that I wish would just go back to your own country. You based insulting me on my remark about people simply talking trash all the time instead of adding something useful (thanks for providing an example) and then try to back up your sewer mouth and negativity by accusing me of just wanting to go from A-B. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1965 Brazil was one of the most undeveloped countries in the world, even being one of the richest in natural resources. Took one President and an industry protection plan to put Brazil on the BRIC, the list of the 4 emergent economies of the new century. It is not perfect, and corruption is equal or bigger than any other country. Brazil not will be free of DISHONESTY and CORRUPTION, and not will be free of NEGATIVE people, for another century, but every new project have a start date, and a group of people behind with a very POSITIVE and VISIONARY mind.

Why not Thailand?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In 1965 Brazil was one of the most undeveloped countries in the world, even being one of the richest in natural resources. Took one President and an industry protection plan to put Brazil on the BRIC, the list of the 4 emergent economies of the new century. It is not perfect, and corruption is equal or bigger than any other country. Brazil not will be free of DISHONESTY and CORRUPTION, and not will be free of NEGATIVE people, for another century, but every new project have a start date, and a group of people behind with a very POSITIVE and VISIONARY mind.

Why not Thailand?

+1^ Correct. Some people are simply devoid of vision and can't see the overall value of such things.

'solditallandmovedhere' you are clearly not a Thai, so move back from whence you came

as to saying something positive; you may consider more debt for a third country as a good; I say it is a negative, so therefore, it is a positive observation ....

as to Brazil, it likewise is over-populated and the vast majority live in poverty, and life is worth maybe less there than in Thailand; Thailand is experiencing hotter weather as is Brazil (most of the country is suffering varying degrees of drought)

Have you been to Brazil 'umbanda'? or 'solditandknowitalleverywhere'

Ive been working on the project in malaysia for 5 years and i can tell you they are not ready for what we have built for them , we basically ripped out what the British started 100 years ago and built at 140kph narrow gauge railway.

I don't like the sound of narrow gauge.

Yeah, I wondered about that. Most modern systems seem to be a wider gauge.

I've recently travelled on one of the Chinese high speed trains, and I must say it was impressive, not only the carriages, the seat spacing, but moving along at 330kmh. The 'Normal' train between Macau and Guangzhou station 'only' moved along at 180kmh.

'solditallandmovedhere' you are clearly not a Thai, so move back from whence you came

as to saying something positive; you may consider more debt for a third country as a good; I say it is a negative, so therefore, it is a positive observation ....

as to Brazil, it likewise is over-populated and the vast majority live in poverty, and life is worth maybe less there than in Thailand; Thailand is experiencing hotter weather as is Brazil (most of the country is suffering varying degrees of drought)

I am Brazilian Daniel.....and you are right, Brazil share many things in common with Thailand....but...like Russia, India and China, with a very large population, cannot stop growing and stop competing in the world because needs to take care of internal issues. Every Government face the same challenge....and believe it or not...the one with more challenges now is the US. I live in the US for 20 years, and I am a US citizen too. Some countries are very good in controlling the news....and the PEOPLE. If the US do not change will become a part of the third world countries very soon..At least in Thailand do not have so many unemployed, homeless, and older "retired" people living on the streets, or getting in line to get free food like on the US.

Edited by umbanda

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

This rail system would be a God send! Do you "haters" and "sewer mouths" posting negative replies understand the economics of this plan? EVERYTHING IN THAILAND WILL GET BETTER IF WE HAVE THIS RAIL SYSTEM! The overall quality of life will be raised to a degree that Thai's and Farlang alike have never known here. We have family in Hua Hin and I know for sure that I would love to pop down there on the weekends and pop back up north as to get to work on Monday. Trains like this will push Thailand into the realm of a functioning 1st world country. Slowly, but it will. Hey, it's a start and a dam_n good one if they can bring it to fruition. I am hoping for the best.

I'll take the bus,its dangerous but you have a chance of getting out alive

Mr Chula and his colleagues is earning good money conducting these surveys.

I really hope this project never takes place in Thailand.

As is it not enough hearing about the road killings, we will be hearing death on a massive scale if Thais take in their hands a fast speed train.

Thailand is perfectly capable of running a high speed train network, just as Thailand is perfectly capable of operating airports, both international airports and smaller regional airports.

A high speed train network will save countless lifes from the traffic it removes from overcrowded highways.

Fully agreed and after attending a recent presentation given by the Transportation Dept. Director, the most recent railway engine in Thailand is about 25 years old with most going back much further in time. The rail system in Thailand is badly in need to be upgraded to add another vital layer to moving around the country fast and in safety without having to be forced to drive on the roads or flying.

There is also discussion about the possibility of connecting the rails links between multiple countries in SEA, which would be of great benefit to ASEAN logistics and cement the plans to create Thailand as the "hub" for ASEAN logistics, increasing the attractiveness of foreign investment into manufacturing and other spinoff economic benefits. Regardless of the gov't in power, this needs to be accomplished to keep Thailand at the forfront of ASEAN community.

its got nothing to do with 'running VFT' ...

its got everything to do with how they will fund it ...

very simple questions:

it will cost how much to build + how much to maintain (say) over 20 years?

how much will the tickets cost?

is a FVT really only relevant to people who want to go from one capital city to another?

and if it has to stop 'regularly', whats the point, when considering teleconferencing etc?

Since a high-speed rail system is usually elevated to avoid grade crossing with vehicular traffic, would there need to be substantial land appropriation to accommodate such new tracks, or are there sufficient easements on the existing rail lines? If land appropriation is needed, that apparently can be a lengthy process. It was quoted as a reason for a significant amount of the delay of widening the road between Pattaya and Jomtien. That seemingly simple project took what, five years?

Certainly if Thailand were to consider such a project there needs to be some serious forethought given to the various alternatives. and I would suggest that a few of these studies need to come from some serious people that both have a good knowledge of a variety of systems, and some that don't have a vested interest in what might be built.

And I don't believe that an on-ground track system is a good choice for Thailand with yearly flooding problems,...would play hell with maintaining proper and safe roadbed,....and would likely make for a lot of unhappy land owners. I think a system somewhat akin to the Transrapid one in Germany would be a good consideration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transrapid

BUT, it does not have to be this fast, and way to complicated and expensive to include the magnetic levitation. Tone it down and you still might use the linear electric propulsion.

Above ground system could be constructed off -site for the most part, then brought to the local sites for erection.

There is a lot of good info and ideas to be had here:

http://www.monorails.org/

Been a long time since I looked at this site with lots of interest

Brian

Edited by boatguy

Since a high-speed rail system is usually elevated to avoid grade crossing with vehicular traffic, would there need to be substantial land appropriation to accommodate such new tracks, or are there sufficient easements on the existing rail lines? If land appropriation is needed, that apparently can be a lengthy process. It was quoted as a reason for a significant amount of the delay of widening the road between Pattaya and Jomtien. That seemingly simple project took what, five years?

Certainly if Thailand were to consider such a project there needs to be some serious forethought given to the various alternatives. and I would suggest that a few of these studies need to come from some serious people that both have a good knowledge of a variety of systems, and some that don't have a vested interest in what might be built.

And I don't believe that an on-ground track system is a good choice for Thailand with yearly flooding problems,...would play hell with maintaining proper and safe roadbed,....and would likely make for a lot of unhappy land owners. I think a system somewhat akin to the Transrapid one in Germany would be a good consideration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transrapid

BUT, it does not have to be this fast, and way to complicated and expensive to include the magnetic levitation. Tone it down and you still might use the linear electric propulsion.

Above ground system could be constructed off -site for the most part, then brought to the local sites for erection.

There is a lot of good info and ideas to be had here:

http://www.monorails.org/

Been a long time since I looked at this site with lots of interest

Brian

I may be wrong. I am not an expert in that kind of projects, but I think that above ground system can be too expensive, if necessary. In Italy the speed train runs on the same track that the normal train. The tracks are fenced, and the few crossings have automatic gates. I believe that here can be build in the same way, replacing the old tracks and updating the safety fixtures. I believe that the speed train cannot run in a not flat terrain. In that case, going North, only up to Pitsanulok to connect with a normal train to Chiang Mai, that needs to be replaced or updated. Probably the first part of the project will be BK-Phuket reaching tourist cities in the way....or BK to the Cambodia border trough Pattaya and Rayon. Anyway, will be the start to finally updating all the Thailand rail system. I hope its happens.

Mr Chula and his colleagues is earning good money conducting these surveys.

I really hope this project never takes place in Thailand.

As is it not enough hearing about the road killings, we will be hearing death on a massive scale if Thais take in their hands a fast speed train.

Thailand is perfectly capable of running a high speed train network, just as Thailand is perfectly capable of operating airports, both international airports and smaller regional airports.

A high speed train network will save countless lifes from the traffic it removes from overcrowded highways.

Fully agreed and after attending a recent presentation given by the Transportation Dept. Director, the most recent railway engine in Thailand is about 25 years old with most going back much further in time. The rail system in Thailand is badly in need to be upgraded to add another vital layer to moving around the country fast and in safety without having to be forced to drive on the roads or flying.

There is also discussion about the possibility of connecting the rails links between multiple countries in SEA, which would be of great benefit to ASEAN logistics and cement the plans to create Thailand as the "hub" for ASEAN logistics, increasing the attractiveness of foreign investment into manufacturing and other spinoff economic benefits. Regardless of the gov't in power, this needs to be accomplished to keep Thailand at the forfront of ASEAN community.

I believe flying has been proven to be the safest method of transport. I don't think you are going to relieve the congestion on the roads with a high speed rail network as the ticket prices must be extremely high to cover costs,you will have hi-so's maybe travelling out of curiosity and some fearless farangs but the average Thai will want the cheap train fares he has been used to or he will take the bus. Considering the Thai mentality regarding safety and maintenance i would be nervous about travelling on a Thai train that goes more than 50kmh. Thais are good at organizing protests but that's where their abilities stop.

I worked on The Taiwan High speed and 2 High speed projects in China. Both systems are supposedly low maintenance but that is only if you built them with adequate and proper quality control . Taiwan saw a mass influx of ex-pats who remained for maintenance , China had ex-pats in "Consultancy " roles who , other than writing a report on the ongoing quality of the works , were powerless to intervene in headlong rush for production metre's . The outcome of this will be the railway falling apart and becoming a liability in the future as it will no longer be "Low Maintenance"

I think you might be correct there.

• Like 1

How long before the project hits a corruption crossroad. One they can't cross until someone gets a payment that someone can't efford.

You know Shuthep, the reds should keep pushing for confrontation.I don't like to say it but civil war might just be the answer to the this countries problems. Shake it up, force outside intervention. Destroy the hierarchy of corruption that stalls this countries from ever producing an economy that fairly serves it's people. The country is constantly tied down by draconian beliefes and systems that benefit no one but the rich. Turn a page....start a new chapter, create opertunity for everyone. Not just people with white skin and long surnames.

I think if you were to fix the justice system, everything else would fall into place.

Thailand is a nation with poor quality control and a Mai pen rai attitude.

The thought of them having to run complicated infrastructure is a joke.

There will be holes cut through safety fences to allow motorbike and pick up short cuts in villages and the obvious accidents to follow.