PHITSANULOK: Need English speaking dentist.

mhortig

Can anyone reccomend a competent English speaking dentist here in Phitsanulok. Previously this forum reccomended Dr. Somchai, and frankly I was not happy with his manner, English ability or billing practices (overcharge the falang). I have also tried the clinic at the now named Bangkok hospital and was very unhappy. I went in for a cleaning and came out with a 3000 baht bill which included a number of procedures I had not requested or preapproved. I previously had my dental work done in Chiangmai and was very impressed with the work, the manner and the cost. I really don't want to go back to CM for my dental work. Has anybody had a good experience in Phitsanulok?

I'm assuming there is some interest in a dentitst reccomendation for Phitsanulok as there have been many readers but no replys yet. So I'll share what I've found out. Having a lot of pain I needed to do something, so I reluctantly took my partners suggestion of trying the dental clinic at the government hospital. Pleasant surprise. The two dentists I saw both spoke very good English. The clinic is very modern and they have a computerized x ray machine. The intake dentest diagnosed the need for a root canal. I was then seen by the dentitst who will do the procedure, Diagrams in hand she clearly outlined the cost and carefully explained the process in good English and made an appointment in 3 weeks, in the meantime some medication was prescribed. My initial appointment including x ray and antibiaotics was 190 baht. The root canal is 2,900, previously I have paid 9,000 baht in private clinics. The replacement crown is 6,000 baht which is about what I've paid before. I'll update this after the work is complete, but it looks like a very good choice. You will probably need a Thai speaker to navigate the front desk and the dental clinic desk clerks.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...