"All cameras are better than you are"

Thanks FR, I did enjoy the article. I put this quote from the article in as it is a good synopsis. wink.png

"I'm thinking of a T-shirt. It's got a slogan on the front. It says, "My camera is crappier than your camera." And on the back it says, "But I'm a better Photographer than you are." And we'll give them out to everyone who is able to make great image without having to rush out and buy the newest and greatest camera of the moment. "

Thanks FR, I did enjoy the article. I put this quote from the article in as it is a good synopsis. wink.png
"I'm thinking of a T-shirt. It's got a slogan on the front. It says, "My camera is crappier than your camera." And on the back it says, "But I'm a better Photographer than you are." And we'll give them out to everyone who is able to make great image without having to rush out and buy the newest and greatest camera of the moment. "

I have had low quality cameras for ages which have been my excuses and fears.

It's a great feeling to understand when one is over lower capability camera, but at the same time these is real fear upgrading to better camera. The fear is that there is no excuses anymore.

Better cameras can, really, produce better images. Better cameras also allow photographers to take photos, which were impossible with lower quality cameras.

To take photos is not only composition and handling of the camera. It's also what the camera and the lense can perform.

TL;DR ment that if you post a link to a website, please include a summary what the link is all about and how do you feel about it.

Generally it's fair for other readers that we don't have to browse through a lengthy text on other site, just to understand what is the topic. The person who starts the topic need to do a bit more work for others. We all have to do the same when starting new topics.

I'm getting the Medium Format bug. New Pentax 645DII out soon. It's like a big K-3 but with a massive 50mp sensor.

Getting the bug. I am. I have to admit it.

Starting to add up numbers.

Concerned.

Send money. Just £20,000 will provide blankets, much needed nutrition, medical care and a 645DII with some lenses. Please help.

Edited by MJP

How much does the ego of the photographer affect to the quality of the photos?

What if I started to constantly say that MJP is just an mediocre photographer, who is simply very verbal person?

Instead, look at my photos. My ability to capture the essential, seize the hectic life as it passes.

How long would it take for you to start believing that I'm better photographer than MJP, regardless of the artistic and image quality we produce?

Just askin.. as these are not very clear things for me.

How much does the ego of the photographer affect to the quality of the photos?

What if I started to constantly say that MJP is just an mediocre photographer, who is simply very verbal person?

Instead, look at my photos. My ability to capture the essential, seize the hectic life as it passes.

How long would it take for you to start believing that I'm better photographer than MJP, regardless of the artistic and image quality we produce?

Just askin.. as these are not very clear things for me.

Just let the photo do the talking. Some people have the eye, some don't. You can tell me all you want that MJP's photos are good or bad, I will decide for myself.

I grew up and learned photography in the days of silver halide and kodachrome, yes I do feel that old sometimes....

People like Ansell Adams, Yosuf Karsh were inspirations - I like black and white. But these guys had the ability to capture something special in their subjects IMO that made the viewer of their images look twice, again and again.

I am also a fan of RAW unretouched images where lighting and composition were skills in themselves., guess that's why I like worked with chrome.

Medium format cameras are nice, big enough to make you slow down and think about what you are doing versus snap snap snap and hope you find something nice afterwards to photoshop.

National Geographic still produces some of the best images IMO. Anyway, keep composing then shooting :)

• Like 1

Just let the photo do the talking. Some people have the eye, some don't. You can tell me all you want that MJP's photos are good or bad, I will decide for myself.

The question is how much psychology affects to our reasoning?

I picked MJP for this experiment as he is a great photographer, one of the best ones here. He is way better photographer than I am.. or is he? I might actually be better than he is.

The fun part is from now on you'll start paying attention to his and my photos, which we publish on the forum. This means that we both get an upgrade in status, simply because it's talked about and we have an challenge between us.

We all know this is an artificial event, yet there is more Ansel to this.

The question is how much psychology affects to our reasoning?

I picked MJP for this experiment as he is a great photographer, one of the best ones here. He is way better photographer than I am.. or is he? I might actually be better than he is.

The fun part is from now on you'll start paying attention to his and my photos, which we publish on the forum. This means that we both get an upgrade in status, simply because it's talked about and we have an challenge between us.

We all know this is an artificial event, yet there is more Ansel to this.

Now I'm very worried. Go and take your temperature and report it back to mother. I'm sending Night Nurse. With massive ju. . . .

Edited by MJP

Now I'm very worried. Go and take your temperature and report it back to mother. I'm send Night Nurse. With massive ju. . . .

This is how it starts. There is sarkasm, which always includes a bit of true fear.

The genie is out of the bottle now. Don't worry though, we are friendly people here.

I would not mind to see the night nurse however.

Now I'm very worried. Go and take your temperature and report it back to mother. I'm send Night Nurse. With massive ju. . . .

This is how it starts. There is sarkasm, which always includes a bit of true fear.

The genie is out of the bottle now. Don't worry though, we are friendly people here.

I would not mind to see the night nurse however.

I've got raging toothache again. Had it all week. And I've got a big demolition project that's on stop because of bats, running up costs of £20k a week. It's all going horribly wrong.

Yes. It's bokeh time!

Pho'toging is the only way I can relax these days.

MJP, you just need to see the light with full spectrum. The life is not just black and white. There is full color galore waiting outside.

2012-12-31_19-08-36.jpg

MJP, you just need to see the light with full spectrum. The life is not just black and white. There is full color galore waiting outside.

2012-12-31_19-08-36.jpg

I don't have that many fairy lights. sad.png

TL;DR ment that if you post a link to a website, please include a summary what the link is all about and how do you feel about it.

Generally it's fair for other readers that we don't have to browse through a lengthy text on other site, just to understand what is the topic. The person who starts the topic need to do a bit more work for others. We all have to do the same when starting new topics.

I disagree. I put a link to the article because I thought it was interesting and maybe others would too. The author had spent the hours to put it together and I am not going to diminish his message by attempting to summarise what I feel it is saying.

I disagree. I put a link to the article because I thought it was interesting and maybe others would too. The author had spent the hours to put it together and I am not going to diminish his message by attempting to summarise what I feel it is saying.

Just getting round to actually reading it now, sorry Rabbit.

Yes. I've noticed this. I found some photos of a demo/regen site in Bermuda I took using an old Hewlett Packard P&S years ago, printed copies kicking around the bottom of a wardrobe in the Thailand house and they weren't bad either. These were printed on A4.

For higher end cameras I think lenses make up 70% of the equation.

Still reading . . .

There are outliers. There really are people who love to shoot sports. There really are people who want to shoot in super low light just to say they could. And there are people who want to carry around the latest big camera because it's generally cheaper than buying a really cool car and more portable too.

Definitely. Whilst I can achieve what I want with what I've got there's always bigger and better.

agree;

i look at the photograph , not the photographers name and i have my own opinion as everyone does

Just let the photo do the talking. Some people have the eye, some don't.

Exactly

Give a real photographer a crap camera and he/she

will still come up with a good shot. :bah:

• Like 1

Just let the photo do the talking. Some people have the eye, some don't.

Exactly

Give a real photographer a crap camera and he/she

will still come up with a good shot. bah.gif

At least give the poor sod a Fuji X100s.

Edited by MJP