webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a "crash site"

SEPANG: The brother of one of the passengers aboard missing MAS flight MH370 says that the airline has asked for two next of kin of each passenger to be at KLIA at 6pm Saturday.

The brother of passenger Suhaili Mustafa said they have been asked to be present with valid travel documents to be brought to the crash site.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/08/Missing-MAS-flight-Next-of-kin-asked-to-be-at-airport-at-6pm-today-says-brother-of-passenger/

Edited by thaifkrlim

Maybe I shouldn't say this because it isn't even speculation much less based on evidence.

But being from the US and having planes go down in ways such as Lockerbie Scotland and 9/11, I start asking myself why the pilot didn't appear to have time or be able to call out a mayday, or report a problem at all, even in a descent from 35,000 feet...

Then again I suppose it could have been a total electrical failure although those systems are redundant.

Please forgive my musing...

These planes have backup electrical systems, and they can lose their main electrical system and have a backup and that fails too, they have a third for essential services including the radio. For all three to fail would be a billion to one chance.

As soon as the main system goes, the pilot MUST make a radio announcement to the civil authority whose airspace it is in.

This is all pointing to a high altitude disintegration of the aircraft over the South China Sea. Which would explain no mayday.

• Like 1

According to an online flight tracker, the very same flight the day before was cancelled for 'unknown' reason.

Seems a bit strange, what was wrong with the airplane the day before? These are the questions now being asked.

2014-03-08
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) B772 (9MMRO) 12:35 AM MYT 12:41 AM 6:30 AM CST Unknown / Canceled
2014-03-07
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) B772 (9MMRO) - 12:49 AM -

Unknown / Canceled

Was it that specific airplane ?

Yes, I would have thought so.

Edit.... sorry the plane has been shuffled between various routes.

But it was supposed to fly that exact route the day prior, and it was cancelled, yet strangely the aircraft was doing some other routes that day, but the data does not seem correct.

2014-03-08
MH370 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) 12:35 AM MYT 12:41 AM 6:30 AM CST Unknown / Canceled
2014-03-07
MH371 Beijing (PEK) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) - - - Landed 3:28 PM
2014-03-07
MH371 Beijing (PEK) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) 8:55 AM CST 9:11 AM 3:35 PM MYT Landed 3:30 PM
2014-03-07
MH370 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) - 12:49 AM - Unknown / Canceled

If the flight to Beijing was cancelled on Thursday, how can it be in Beijing for the MH371 flight back to KL?

Edited by PepperMe

There is a "crash site"

SEPANG: The brother of one of the passengers aboard missing MAS flight MH370 says that the airline has asked for two next of kin of each passenger to be at KLIA at 6pm Saturday.

The brother of passenger Suhaili Mustafa said they have been asked to be present with valid travel documents to be brought to the crash site.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/08/Missing-MAS-flight-Next-of-kin-asked-to-be-at-airport-at-6pm-today-says-brother-of-passenger/

I think they are just quoting protocol. I don't think that can be used as any evidence they have actually identified a crash sight, which is in all likelihood far out at sea. The relatives will be brought to wherever the incident command center is established.

According to an online flight tracker, the very same flight the day before was cancelled for 'unknown' reason.

Seems a bit strange, what was wrong with the airplane the day before? These are the questions now being asked.

2014-03-08
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) B772 (9MMRO) 12:35 AM MYT 12:41 AM 6:30 AM CST Unknown / Canceled
2014-03-07

Unknown / Canceled

They keep the same plane flying the same daily route normally.

They don't usually chop and change planes onto different routes every day.

It is almost certain the same craft would have been on that route the day before that was cancelled.

Starting to get a little suspicious. I am sure it will all come out.

That is absolutely false and an incorrect statement......

• Like 1

There is a "crash site"

I think they are just quoting protocol. I don't think that can be used as any evidence they have actually identified a crash sight, which is in all likelihood far out at sea. The relatives will be brought to wherever the incident command center is established.

Possibly getting all the relatives in one place, aren't muslims supposed to be buried within 3 days of death. Getting things organised so maybe they can conduct a ceremony at the site of the crash when it is found.

2014-03-08
2014-03-07

Unknown / Canceled

It is almost certain the same craft would have been on that route the day before that was cancelled.

That is absolutely false and an incorrect statement......

Activity of 9M-MRO

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/9m-mro

• Like 1

In fact this specific plane, reg. # 9MMRO, in the past 10 days has been to LAX, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Beijing, Tokyo, Bali, Bangladesh, and of course Kuala Lumpur.

I actually edited my post.

I did say it was quite normal to keep a plane on the same route.

I have flown the same route from BKK to Nepal many times and the plane is always the same plane with the same stain on the dividing curtain between EC and BC.

Obviously I checked and edited the post.

But if you look at my edit, it WAS the SAME plane from the previous day's flight.

That is what is the important thing.

Edit.... sorry the plane has been shuffled between various routes.

But it was supposed to fly that exact route the day prior, and it was cancelled, yet strangely the aircraft was doing some other routes that day, but the data does not seem correct.

2014-03-08

MH370 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) 12:35 AM MYT 12:41 AM 6:30 AM CST Unknown / Canceled

2014-03-07

MH371 Beijing (PEK) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) - - - Landed 3:28 PM

2014-03-07

MH371 Beijing (PEK) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) 8:55 AM CST 9:11 AM 3:35 PM MYT Landed 3:30 PM

2014-03-07

MH370 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) Beijing (PEK) - 12:49 AM - Unknown / Canceled

If the flight to Beijing was cancelled on Thursday, how can it be in Beijing for the MH371 flight back to KL?

Edited by PepperMe
  • Like 1

Could the whole crew have been incapacitated by a lack of oxygen?

Similar to the link below? Could that be the reason for no mayday?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

That was on an episode of Air Crash Investigation on Discovery.The air masks would have deployed and hopefully the captain would have done a rapid descent to 10,000'. That Greek aircraft had just undergone some repairs IIRC

Edited by Mosha

Unlikely on B777. Warning is pretty unmistakable.

Secondly aircraft would have continued on automation for significant time and distance until fuel depletion.

Nonsense.

Edited by negreanu

That was on an episode of Air Crash Investigation on Discovery.The air masks would have deployed and hopefully the captain would have done a rapid descent to 10,000'. That Greek aircraft had just undergone some repairs IIRC

Yeh, that's where I remember it from. Just trying to work out why there was no mayday.

Yeh, that's where I remember it from. Just trying to work out why there was no mayday.

You won't get a mayday if the aircraft broke up in midair without warning. It may have happened in seconds with no time to react.

You won't get a mayday if the aircraft broke up in midair without warning. It may have happened in seconds with no time to react.

So you think it was a bomb?

So you think it was a bomb?

I highly doubt it.

It isn't just a bomb that can bring a plane down. a catastrophic failure can cause a fuel tank explosion for example, or there have been a case where a tail has fallen off and this caused the plane to literally disintegrate in mid air. There are a myriad of reasons a plane can literally fall apart in mid flight.

Seen lots of air crash investigation episodes where it happened. No mayday, just plane disappearing from radar.

I have posted elsewhere about this. As far as I can see the only two possible explanations are a sudden total loss of decompression or a human being. Why can't they find the plane?? Stuff about KL cancellations also worrying.

All a bit odd. So sad

When was the last time an international scheduled plane was 'lost'?? I remembering watching a film called Alive about a plane crash in the 70's. I found that strange that they couldn't find that plane and that was 40 years ago!

When was the last time an international scheduled plane was 'lost'?? I remembering watching a film called Alive about a plane crash in the 70's. I found that strange that they couldn't find that plane and that was 40 years ago!

Air France 447 in 2009.. took over 2 weeks to find the FDR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447

Yeh, but they knew it had gone down and where. This is just missing at the moment.

One of the passengers reported to have boarded the plane has been found alive in Thailand (Louis Maraldi). His passport was stolen in August last year so it would seem that the stolen passport was used to board the plane. I suspect foul play.

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/cesena/esteri/2014/03/08/1036066-aereo-precipitato-malesia-maraldi.shtml

many strange things going on, the whole denial by MAS, where it has gone down vs last contact, flights cancelled, now this, but early days as they say.