'Contact lost' with Malaysia Airlines plane with 239 people on board

webfact

There are some things I really don't understand.

According to my humble meaning every commercial flight has a predetermined flight path according to its flightplan. It's fed into the computer and once the autopilot is on, the aircraft follows that path. Of what is published in the media we know that contact with the plane was lost "about 2 hours into the flight". When I look at flightradar it shows that the plane disappeared off the Malaysian coast which is certainly not 2 hours into the flight, because within 2 hours it could have been somewhere above or farher than northern Vietnam. I know that flightradar is sometimes somewhat erratic, but exactly with this flight?? It looks like on flightradar MH370 "vanished" about 150 miles off the Malaysian coast. Some reports say it might have crashed into the South China sea. How can they assume this?

Night is falling now in Thailand and unfortunately, there is no news about the whereabouts of the plane and its passengers. If the plane has crashed into the sea, there is always a possibility that there are survivors. Let's hope so. One can assume that something should be floating on the waves, Anyone of us could be in their place, let's not forget that. Precious time has elapsed. I really wonder in how far the Malaysian cost guard has made search flights by following the flight path of flight MH370. This shouldn't be all too difficult. I can imagine that the cost guards and naval forces of Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam - maybe could have worked together. But I have yet to see any media which shows what have been done to help those unfortunate people if there are any who survived this disaster. Has anyone seen footage of rescue teams?

I know there are quite some TV members who are much more knowledgeable than me, I think about people working in or veterans in commercial or military aviation. Any thoughts?

The whole thing gets now really interesting with the fact that Italian Luigi Maraldi listed on the manifest which was today published around the world was not on board this flight, but is at this very moment vacationing in Thailand. Someone else on board is using his stolen passport and his identity ...

Edited by Dario

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the passengers reported to have boarded the plane has been found alive in Thailand (Louis Maraldi). His passport was stolen in August last year so it would seem that the stolen passport was used to board the plane. I suspect foul play.

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/cesena/esteri/2014/03/08/1036066-aereo-precipitato-malesia-maraldi.shtml

Sure would be nice if the webpage was in English.

• Like 1

One of the passengers reported to have boarded the plane has been found alive in Thailand (Louis Maraldi). His passport was stolen in August last year so it would seem that the stolen passport was used to board the plane. I suspect foul play.

http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/cesena/esteri/2014/03/08/1036066-aereo-precipitato-malesia-maraldi.shtml

That is confirmed from other sources and is a cause for concern.

The general aviation community is tending towards a catastrophic event happening to the aircraft...

Google Luigi Maraldi MH370 and see if you get a translate option

Here is a GOOGLE TRANSLATE translation, quite easy to understand:

Cesena , March 8, 2014 - Louis Maraldi was not on board the aircraft of the Malaysian disappeared tonight between the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea (the images ) . This was confirmed by the Crisis Unit of the Foreign Ministry , who spoke with our compatriot . The young man would call a little while ago to parents reassuring to feel good and be in Thailand. "Dad, do not worry , I'm not , I'm fine ," with these words Maraldi explained to his father Walter, who was not on board the aircraft disappeared from radar Malay . 's Father did not even have time to be scared : he had not yet heard the news. "Only after I turned on the TV and I heard him - said smiling - Then the police came ... Luigi is on vacation, will be back in about twenty days . Luckily everything went well , everything is fine " .
Maraldi in recent months had reported the theft of his passport took place on 1 August while he was in the Asian country . He returned to Italy got a new document in Ravenna , where he took up residence in the meantime , then returned to Thailand.
This morning the staff of the Commissioner of Cesena went to her parents' home , but were themselves to tell the police that the young man had called just before to say he was fine and he was in Thailand. One of the hypotheses and then ' that appears on the list of persons on board because' someone ' came on board the aircraft using his passport stolen.
The flight of Malaysia Airlines, a Boeing 777- 200ER from Kuala Lumpur was headed to Beijing, had been reported missing by a few hours when a Navy admiral Vietnamese , Bgo Van Phat , announced to local media that he had sent a number naval units off the coast of an island in Vietnam , Tho Chu in the south of the country, to patrol the site of the accident ( see video) . There remain doubts Malaysian authorities , who , however, is participating in the research.
Among the 227 passengers there were 152 Chinese , 38 Malays, 12 Indonesians, Australians 7 , 3 U.S. citizens and many French , two passengers each in New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada , and one each in Taiwan , the Netherlands and Austria. On board there were also two children and twelve crew members.
Cheers
Edited by Dario

many strange things going on, the whole denial by MAS, where it has gone down vs last contact, flights cancelled, now this, but early days as they say.

There is a tragedy here, no denying that. theories of denials and coverups are a little premature.

The 2 hour thing was started by CNN and it was they who spread it to all othe news sources in the world, it was not accurate info . Cos malaysian airlines tryed for two hours to get contact ...so when they failed the said it was lost . And flightradar24.com in stockholm have proven it took only 40 minutes after start ...when it was lost on the radar..

Can be also that they dont wants people to search for the plane themself just outside Malaysia? I dont know but Flightradar24 in stockholm said on Twitter that this is accurate information from the PLANE movments. 30 000 fets in the air the plane is gone on flightradar24

Edited by Don Johan Negombo

The 2 hour thing was started by CNN . And flightradar24.com in stockholm have proven it took only 40 minutes after start ...when it was lost on the radar..

At least now I have one supporter.

Looks like CNN gets better and better. They also quoted the plane as being a B-747, what a gross mistake.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Cesena , March 8, 2014 - Louis Maraldi was not on board the aircraft of the Malaysian disappeared tonight between the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea (the images ) . This was confirmed by the Crisis Unit of the Foreign Ministry , who spoke with our compatriot . The young man would call a little while ago to parents reassuring to feel good and be in Thailand. "Dad, do not worry , I'm not , I'm fine ," with these words Maraldi explained to his father Walter, who was not on board the aircraft disappeared from radar Malay . 's Father did not even have time to be scared : he had not yet heard the news. "Only after I turned on the TV and I heard him - said smiling - Then the police came ... Luigi is on vacation, will be back in about twenty days . Luckily everything went well , everything is fine " .

Maraldi in recent months had reported the theft of his passport took place on 1 August while he was in the Asian country . He returned to Italy got a new document in Ravenna , where he took up residence in the meantime , then returned to Thailand.

This morning the staff of the Commissioner of Cesena went to her parents' home , but were themselves to tell the police that the young man had called just before to say he was fine and he was in Thailand. One of the hypotheses and then ' that appears on the list of persons on board because' someone ' came on board the aircraft using his passport stolen.

The flight of Malaysia Airlines, a Boeing 777- 200ER from Kuala Lumpur was headed to Beijing, had been reported missing by a few hours when a Navy admiral Vietnamese , Bgo Van Phat , announced to local media that he had sent a number naval units off the coast of an island in Vietnam , Tho Chu in the south of the country, to patrol the site of the accident ( see video) . There remain doubts Malaysian authorities , who , however, is participating in the research.

Among the 227 passengers there were 152 Chinese , 38 Malays, 12 Indonesians, Australians 7 , 3 U.S. citizens and many French , two passengers each in New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada , and one each in Taiwan , the Netherlands and Austria. On board there were also two children and twelve crew members.

Cheers

Now I am confused

]Luigi Maraldi MH370 is Italian, yet no Italian on board ?

Cheers

Thanks Dario...just did a Google Translate search as Mosha advised then returned here

and read the same. However...

I'm keeping more of an eye on the following 2 links....

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-mh370-contact-lost-11.html

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140307/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA/tracklog

Whatever has happened, we will only know after debris is recovered and what remains

of the aircraft is reconstructed. Speculation is rife & it should cease IMO.

NB...Edit to correct some spelling mistakes caused by fat fingers on small keys.

Edited by sunshine51

I'm amazed that in the year 2014, a plane can go missing for so long after it has lost contact! I can't remember anything like this in living memory, but then again I'm only 35!

The Air france flight that went down in the Atlantic ocean several years ago... this sounds very similar to that.

Any more update?

I posted this in the other topic. The search and rescue aircraft have been recalled due to darkness but the ships/boats are still looking. The aircraft will resume at day break. The oil slick found was 10-15 km long and 500 meters apart and possibly from the engines.

• Like 2

Thanks Don and Sunshine.

The flight track log on flightaware looks really strange. It starts at 11:43, just after takeoff with an altitude of 2'400 feet and ends showing only 19 minutes later at 12:02, with an abrupt stop of showing data like ground speed and altitude at FL350. What a fast climb! It was at that flight level already at 12:01. But location continues to show, showing the latest position at 5:21 PM (probably 05:21 AM local time) being at 39.9076,116.4873. That's almost 6 hours after departure. 39.9076,116.4873 is Bejing downtown. I don't know how flightaware works, looks like it takes over the whole flightplan of an aircraft.

To me layman (I only do flight simulation) it looks the "normal" flight ended at 12:02 AM local when all data stopped to be transmitted. That is the area the coast guards should concentrate on searching, I guess.

Edited by Dario

The 2 hour thing was started by CNN and it was they who spread it to all othe news sources in the world, it was not accurate info . Cos malaysian airlines tryed for two hours to get contact ...so when they failed the said it was lost . And flightradar24.com in stockholm have proven it took only 40 minutes after start ...when it was lost on the radar..

Can be also that they dont wants people to search for the plane themself just outside Malaysia? I dont know but Flightradar24 in stockholm said on Twitter that this is accurate information from the PLANE movments. 30 000 fets in the air the plane is gone on flightradar24

"The 2 hour thing was started by CNN"

No, not "started by CNN".

I saw the live-on-air interview (~ 8 am Thailand) between Anderson Cooper and the Malaysian Airlines VP Operations, and it was the VP who gave out the timelines (departed KLIA 00:42 local time, lost contact at 01:31).

Modern A/C follow "airways" (highways in the sky) as per their registered flight plan, they must report their position on that airway continously.

The B777 is a very modern A/C type which continously downlinks information to its base during flight, including present position coordinates. This info is used by the airline to guage A/C & systems performance.

The 2 oil slicks are not relevant, as each engine has a total of about 25 litres of oil, the fuel on board is Jet A-1, which would not leave a noticeable slick.

Certainly the fact that the pilots did not give a Mayday call suggests the total failure of the A/C in flight, if all systems failed, then the Captains radio and some flight instruments would still work as they are powered by the essential buss utilising the ships battery.

The chances of a catastrophic airframe failure caused by mechanical malfunction is not even plausible, tails do not fall off and nor do wings!!!

The incident occurred when the A/C was in stable cruise in good weather, I think foul play will be the answer to this tragedy.

Remember also that the US government recently warned of possible threats.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I saw the live-on-air interview (~ 8 am Thailand) between Anderson Cooper and the Malaysian Airlines VP Operations, and it was the VP who gave out the timelines (departed KLIA 00:42 local time, lost contact at 01:31).

Don't forget, departure time is the gate,

Don't forget, departure time is the gate,

for passengers. not for pilots or the tower.

All very sad. RIP to the passengers.

Using Samui to Bangkok time as 1 hour/distance, it looks like it got to just south of Vietnam.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140308/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA

24 hours in the open sea is not a good place to be if ejected from a belly landing plane.

But the troubling part is there was not one word from the plane, just on Viet nam Radar and then gone.

Doesn't sound like a controlled belly landing, but more of a sudden event and no recovery possible.

The passenger with a stolen passport reportedly on board seems even more troubling,

but I can see Malaysia flag carrier as a major target for zeolots.

All very sad. RIP to the passengers.

Using Samui to Bangkok time as 1 hour/distance, it looks like it got to just south of Vietnam.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS370/history/20140308/1635Z/WMKK/ZBAA

24 hours in the open sea is not a good place to be if ejected from a belly landing plane.

But the troubling part is there was not one word from the plane, just on Viet nam Radar and then gone.

Doesn't sound like a controlled belly landing, but more of a sudden event and no recovery possible.

The passenger with a stolen passport reportedly on board seems even more troubling,

but I can see Malaysia flag carrier as a major target for zeolots.

By the sound of things it wasn't a belly landing.

Latest news .. 8:55pm Sat 08 Mar14 ..

Just got in and received report.

Search & rescue crews from China, Malaysia & Vietnam are currently involved in a complete air, sea and land search and rescue operation. Reports of a sighted oil slick cannot be confirmed.