BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

This is very odd. Very, very unusual for a plane of this age and type to 'go down'

If it is the case, of course, one's sympathies must be with those who are lost and their families.

I am not encouraged by what appears total confusion as to where the last contact with the plane was made.

The latitude/longitude figures released by various agencies are not the same. There is also the curious data on

Flightradar that the plane changed direction. In normal circumstances it is nearly impossible to 'lose' a plane

nowadays. Even if all on board electronics fail there are back-up battery systems. As far as I can see,

and I don't want to speculate there could have been instant, fatal decompression..have but only a few seconds at

35000 feet....but for what reason?...I travel on Malaysia Airlines!! Worrying!

While I may sound callous, I would imagine your worrying is unfounded as the chances of such an incident happening again to the same airline would be negligble.

A troll post of an inappropriate nature has been removed as well as a reply.

It seems as though this is going to end in tragedy for all those aboard... Sad for the families and loved ones...

But as a layman, it does strike me as odd that a jetliner like this can simply disappear without any decent tracking to identify the location of its descent. At least that's been publicly disclosed thus far.

With satellites, radar, electronic beacons, and all the other tracking and snooping that goes on, I didn't think it was possible to fly undetected.

....prior mention by someone that this exact plane had a damaged tail repaired in 2012......

...has that now been suppressed...???

My company has a Diving Support Vessel within 1 to 1/1/2 days sailing distance that can send saturation divers down to 300 meters water depth and a Remote Operated Vehicle that can be deployed and search with video and sonar scanners down to 1,000 meters water depth. The Malaysian Navy website is down so no way to find a number to call there. Malaysia Airlines has no telephone numbers that answer or will connect, the Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok and the USA also do not connect when you dial their numbers.

Too bad there is no emergency response team number for those that can really offer some effective tools to maybe help save lives or at least see what is really happening subsea.

Hello jmccarty,

Right now there are conflicting reports - some say the plane crashed into South China Sea, some say it crashed on land. The official stand by Malaysia Airlines right now is 'the plane is missing'. I think it's standard operating procedure to not call it a 'crash' until wreckage is found. Many nationalities are involved, so international diplomacy, discretion etc. needs to be considered and these may sometimes hamper the the speed at which information can be disseminiated. Anyway, hats off to your efforts to help. I'm not sure if you have checked out the following yet, but here it is, in case you haven't: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

Cheers.

Hate to say this guys.

Reality check - the likelihood of survivors from 30 plus thousand feet into the ocean are negligible.

The facts so far state no mayday call or any other indication of equipment malfunction. Bomb on board maybe? Some other cause to sudden decompression (hard to image in reality with the engineering technology these days). Even if the wings fell off the comms system would still work.

Pure speculation but fits the scenario. That or a surface to air missile. Possible but unlikely. Aliens????(Not being a smartarse but who knows?)

Poor people, my heart goes out to the families. Any of us could have been on board that plane.

The investigators will find out the cause eventually.

My company has a Diving Support Vessel within 1 to 1/1/2 days sailing distance that can send saturation divers down to 300 meters water depth and a Remote Operated Vehicle that can be deployed and search with video and sonar scanners down to 1,000 meters water depth. The Malaysian Navy website is down so no way to find a number to call there. Malaysia Airlines has no telephone numbers that answer or will connect, the Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok and the USA also do not connect when you dial their numbers.

Too bad there is no emergency response team number for those that can really offer some effective tools to maybe help save lives or at least see what is really happening subsea.

You have mobilised the vessel?

Heart felt sorrow for all the families, could be any of us.

....prior mention by someone that this exact plane had a damaged tail repaired in 2012......

I don't that it has been suppressed, but I don't know that it has been confirmed.

It's pretty early for conspiracy theories, I would think.

Apparently it was a wing that was damaged in colision with anothers tail... photos of wing damage on the attached.

http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/569/5691311.html

Apparently it was a wing that was damaged in colision with anothers tail... photos of wing damage on the attached.

http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/569/5691311.html

Seems to be the plane, please see flight schedule///

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/9m-mro

Contact Malaysia Airlines direct. There is an emergency number available