Broadband In Chiang Mai

paco

I just moved here and am living in a condo in the Galae Thong Tower off Changklan Rd. near Chiang Mai Land.

My two Pekingese and I love it here so far.

I searched the forum for broadband and adsl and the threads I found are all about 2 years old. I have a TT&T phone line and got DSL working yesterday. The speed is miserably slow. About 150, so I went to the TTT office in Central (KSK) yesterday and they upgraded my service, but it will cost me 2515 B/month. After I left I realized that this is more than four time what I was paying for dsl in San Antonio, Texas.

My friend down the hall tells me he only pays 800 B/month. I can sit outside his door and get around 450 poaching his wireless!

I am going to cancel the upgrade as I don't want to pay more than 1000 B/month. It would be great to get cable, but does not seem to be available around here? I could get rid of the phone I don't need and just use my mobile. I only need bandwidth for Skype which does not work at all at my current speed.

Any ideas?

I just moved here and am living in a condo in the Galae Thong Tower off Changklan Rd. near Chiang Mai Land.

My two Pekingese and I love it here so far.

I searched the forum for broadband and adsl and the threads I found are all about 2 years old. I have a TT&T phone line and got DSL working yesterday. The speed is miserably slow. About 150, so I went to the TTT office in Central (KSK) yesterday and they upgraded my service, but it will cost me 2515 B/month. After I left I realized that this is more than four time what I was paying for dsl in San Antonio, Texas.

My friend down the hall tells me he only pays 800 B/month. I can sit outside his door and get around 450 poaching his wireless!

I am going to cancel the upgrade as I don't want to pay more than 1000 B/month. It would be great to get cable, but does not seem to be available around here? I could get rid of the phone I don't need and just use my mobile. I only need bandwidth for Skype which does not work at all at my current speed.

Any ideas?

Consider youself lucky - Live in Phuket and you'd be doing well to get a 50k/bit connection