Improvements For Krabi

seonai

Krabi tourist businesses plan grand services for marketing campaigns next year and co-launch special packages to attract visitors during this low season

Speaking of the number of tourist arrivals for this year, Thavatch Thanitnond, advisor to the Krabi Tourist Association said it is reported to be around 1.4 million. He further explained that Scandinavian and Europeans seemed to dominate the markets. The new expanded Krabi airport also contributed to the increasing number of travelers. Mr. Thavatch also states that the local tourism businesses are joining hands with airlines to introduce special packages to promote traveling to the region. They are Air Asia, Thai Airways International and Orient Air which is scheduled to launch its inaugural flight on June 9th.

The Krabi key tourism figure went on to say that Krabi is planning grand services to provide impressive services for tourists. This will include products and activities, such as rock climbing, hiking, and trips to islands. The local tourist personnel and overseas road shows will also be reinforced, he concluded.

Source - Andaman News TV11 + Radio Thailand FM90.5 Phuket City, both broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces, 8.30am Friday 26 May 2006 & www.Thaisnews.com

Mr. Thavatch also states that the local tourism businesses are joining hands with airlines to introduce special packages to promote traveling to the region. They are Air Asia, Thai Airways International and Orient Air which is scheduled to launch its inaugural flight on June 9th.

It really is lovely in Krabi.

Hopefully these special travel packages will make it easier and more affordable to get there.

:o

Hi SBK,

I am not really sure about defining the seasons any more. Krabi I think is May to September pretty much. Phi Phi still gets busy but backpackers arrive in Krabi and go straight over there. Here on Koh Yao we are the same, May to September then it picks up. The bigger resorts here like Koyao Island is busy all year round.

By the way if any nice guests from here are coming over I'll PM you. Feel free to promote Koh Yao too!!!!!! I can meet them at the pier and ensure they have a good deal. (Sorry if this is off topic).

Seonai

:o I love Krabi. Just come back from a weeks break today. I am seriously thinking of moving down and trying to open a bar. Obviously Mr L will have to stay in Bangkok. What are the chances of it suceeding without naughtyness going on?

:o I love Krabi. Just come back from a weeks break today. I am seriously thinking of moving down and trying to open a bar. Obviously Mr L will have to stay in Bangkok. What are the chances of it suceeding without naughtyness going on?

i'll second that! been living here 3 years now and love it.