Modular Kits Homes

attachicon.gif2014-03-03 12.52.57.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-03 15.03.25.jpgattachicon.gif2014-03-03 14.54.28.jpgim building a concrete fully insulated prefab on my land 2bedroom/2bathroom 60days delivered on a truck. western kitchen and fittingsattachicon.gif2013-12-22 10.08.07.jpg

Can you say how much for that and the other models on their website. They don't have the prices listed. Thanks.

my house actually isn't finished yet..2 weeks to go,

they delivered it in 3 pieces,normally its finished on their site then dropped off,

but I live close so decided to do it on my land.

The prices vary from small studio resort style designs up to 3bedroom bathroom models.

It really depends on the finish you want,i'm paying extra to have a fully designed built kitchen,also no side balcony, but a larger one at the front.

The basic model comes is western style,i just tweaked it to how I wanted it.

My main reason was I didn't want to deal with a builder on site and I could watch it getting completed at the factory.

The houses are completely insulated and no need for a/c,the smaller studios start at around 240000 ,my 2bed/2bathroom with extra will come in around 950 000bht.

We just had this one delivered to our land - onto a pre-poured concrete slab (has to be organised separately).

The wood all comes from old Thai farmhouses (they re-machine it), so it is mostly hardwood / teak. If it hasn't been eaten by bugs in the last 100 years, it should be safe for a few more.

My wife has their phone number if you're interested. No web site unfortunately.

They build them beside the highway north of Chai Badan in Petchabun province.

Floor area is about 25sq m, with about the same again in deck area.

They do a nice job.

It has a small kitchen at the back. The toilet / shower room we had built by the same guys who put the concrete slab down.

post-91865-0-62837700-1395020509_thumb.j

Just be careful - the guys laying out the concrete slab started doing it 180deg out - just followed the plans which had been put down on the ground - wrong way round. Fortunately we were there within an hour of them starting so quickly spotted that something was amiss.

They weren't too concerned about pouring the concrete onto the steel mesh and having that next to the sand base - useless there.

I had to insist they keep lifting it with their rubber boot clad toes as they spread the concrete out. (My 20 years in construction useful at last).

They just don't care.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

We just had this one delivered to our land - onto a pre-poured concrete slab (has to be organised separately).

The wood all comes from old Thai farmhouses (they re-machine it), so it is mostly hardwood / teak. If it hasn't been eaten by bugs in the last 100 years, it should be safe for a few more.

They do a nice job.

It has a small kitchen at the back. The toilet / shower room we had built by the same guys who put the concrete slab down.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gDSCF0273.JPG

Just be careful - the guys laying out the concrete slab started doing it 180deg out - just followed the plans which had been put down on the ground - wrong way round. Fortunately we were there within an hour of them starting so quickly spotted that something was amiss.

They weren't too concerned about pouring the concrete onto the steel mesh and having that next to the sand base - useless there.

I had to insist they keep lifting it with their rubber boot clad toes as they spread the concrete out. (My 20 years in construction useful at last).

They just don't care.

Very nice looking house, good for you. May I ask the price for it please?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They do a nice job.

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gDSCF0273.JPG

They just don't care.

Very nice looking house, good for you. May I ask the price for it please?

There may be other queries about the cost, so I might as well put it here.

The house/decks/kitchen complete including delivery (100 km up the highway behind a tractor with a crew of about 12 - for assembly) was 550k.

The concrete slab was 100k and the washroom was also 100k.

I know if we had been living in Thailand and had plenty of time we could probably have managed the slab and washroom for 100k for the both, But, we only had my 3 weeks vacation over Christmas so had to pay top Baht to get it done during that time. Still wiring to be done. Ran out of time.

Now we'll have somewhere to live when I retire and can organise the workshop and main house at our leisure.

About 5 years ago I built the wife(notice I say built the wife not us.....ha ha) a small house in the village about 85 sq meters, 2 bedroom 1 bath, nice wood doors and windows,sandstone trim around windows & foundation plus Cpac roof tiles. Small kitchen & bath has Thai granite counters and Tile floors other parts of the house. Used the better quality light switches with lots of power outlets in each room. I knew a Thai builder I play golf with that builds small housing projects around Korat. I am out of the country at work most of the time so I used him.He charged me about B700,000. It is small but was trimmed out very well and really a nice place even after 5 years. Foundation is solid with no wall cracks. I am sure if a person watched his cost by getting a local builder and only paying for labor, buy materials yourself for the job, and building a simple house you can build something well under 1 million not counting land even today. You would need to be involved somewhat and know the basics of building that you could learn online if need be. I believe he built this house from some free government plans if I remember right

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM, petertucker48 said:

Thai labour is so cheap House Kits are pointless.

Except If you want to build on leased land, or put yourself In the position of losing your house If your Thai wife decides she no longer wants you, or another guy has It In for you (If you follow me).....her  land, but YOUR house.  A few Thai laborers for a day, a truck, and you're on the move.  She can keep the piers/stumps.

I'm talking about traditional Thai wooden/teak houses of course.

On 3/17/2014 at 8:44 AM, mikecwm said:

They do a nice job.

DSCF0273.JPG

They just don't care.

That's lovely.

How much did the concrete slab and work cost?

And how much did the prefab building cost?

Thanks. 

On 12/18/2016 at 11:14 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

That's lovely.

How much did the concrete slab and work cost?

And how much did the prefab building cost?

Thanks. 

Hi Grumpy.

Cabin with decks and kitchen cost us 500,000 B.

Concrete base was about 80,000, but if we had more time in Thailand we could have got that done much cheaper (flying visit from Canada at the time).

Shower / toilet room cost 100,000. Ditto re costs for that as well.

They have a good selection of cabins on display on the west side of route 21 about 5 km south of Si Thep in Petchabun province.

Retired and living in the cabin we supervised a crew during 2016 to build us a 12M by 12 M workshop and a house.

Workshop cost about 400k, house cost just over 2 million.

20160904_150615.jpg

20160229_142318.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2016 at 11:01 AM, mikecwm said:

Hi Grumpy.

Cabin with decks and kitchen cost us 500,000 B.

Concrete base was about 80,000, but if we had more time in Thailand we could have got that done much cheaper (flying visit from Canada at the time).

Shower / toilet room cost 100,000. Ditto re costs for that as well.

They have a good selection of cabins on display on the west side of route 21 about 5 km south of Si Thep in Petchabun province.

Retired and living in the cabin we supervised a crew during 2016 to build us a 12M by 12 M workshop and a house.

Workshop cost about 400k, house cost just over 2 million.

20160904_150615.jpg

20160229_142318.jpg

Nice photos...........Can you provide google map link to location quoted as "route 21 about 5 km south of Si Thep in Petchabun province."?

On 3/17/2014 at 11:08 AM, delh said:

They just don't care.

I seen that happen before on a friends construction project ..............apparently they learn all their skills on the job. Steel mesh feeble - delivered rolled up. Columns had re-bar touching the shuttering too.

Best to get a hard headed English speaking female "Clerk of Works" and pay her well by local standards.

• 5 months later...

Archived