Deaths of Quebec women in Thailand may have been caused by pesticide

webfact

Bottom line is Thai Police said back in 2012 the girls were killed by insecticide poisoning. Now in 2014 it seems like the Canadian authorities may agree but there is still no indication of how the girls were exposed.

AUGUST 31, 2012 .... MONTREAL - Thai police reportedly said two Quebec sisters found dead in a resort in June were killed from insecticide exposure, local media reported Friday. http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/31/sisters-in-thailand-died-of-insecticide-poisoning-cops

Yes the question is, ( it looks like all these deaths were insecticide related) Have the hotels come up with an explanation ??? they have "back of house " store, back of house would release any items if requested by the housekeeper, who is in charge of the guest rooms.

Unless an outside contractor is engaged to deal with the problem.

These questions about what was ordered and who carried out the chemical duty seam to be NOT NOT answered.

Not answered but what is worse is it seems the question is not being asked. I seem to recall the police were investigating in the beginning including collecting everything from the room for analysis and had CSI teams combing through the room and were looking for people the girls were with the night before and so on but once the family started verbally attacking Thailand and the Canadian corners office started making comments too it seems Thailand pretty much washed their hands of the case.

The deaths of Norwegian girl Julie Bergheim and American Jill St. Onge in 2009 may have been caused by aluminium phosphide.

Four years after her daughter’s death, Bergheim’s mother, Ina Thoresen, received a report from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. Authorities there had consulted with leading experts from around the world about what happened to her daughter. Though they could not state the exact cause of Bergheim’s death, they concluded that the most likely cause was poisoning from the phosphine gas released by the pesticide.

The Norwegian report also states that Canadian medical examiners found traces of the gas from aluminum phosphide in the bodies of the Bélanger sisters.

Toxicologist Joel Mayer said that the symptoms experienced by the Bélanger sisters, Bergheim and St. Onge are typical of someone exposed to aluminum phosphide.

More from the story here from Norwegian media DT:

http://www.dt.no/nyheter/julie-22-dode-trolig-etter-a-ha-pustet-inn-giftig-gass-1.8335137

Huffington post

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/13/belanger-pesticide-thailand-quebec_n_4956265.html

Bottom line is Thai Police said back in 2012 the girls were killed by insecticide poisoning. Now in 2014 it seems like the Canadian authorities may agree but there is still no indication of how the girls were exposed.

AUGUST 31, 2012 .... MONTREAL - Thai police reportedly said two Quebec sisters found dead in a resort in June were killed from insecticide exposure, local media reported Friday. http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/31/sisters-in-thailand-died-of-insecticide-poisoning-cops

Yes the question is, ( it looks like all these deaths were insecticide related) Have the hotels come up with an explanation ??? they have "back of house " store, back of house would release any items if requested by the housekeeper, who is in charge of the guest rooms.

Unless an outside contractor is engaged to deal with the problem.

These questions about what was ordered and who carried out the chemical duty seam to be NOT NOT answered.

Not answered but what is worse is it seems the question is not being asked. I seem to recall the police were investigating in the beginning including collecting everything from the room for analysis and had CSI teams combing through the room and were looking for people the girls were with the night before and so on but once the family started verbally attacking Thailand and the Canadian corners office started making comments too it seems Thailand pretty much washed their hands of the case.

When you think about the whole SAGA, someone somewhere was to my mind covering up/protecting the owners of the hotel in CM. Who were very well connected. Money seemed to be the No 1 priority- no one seemed to be responsible for the chemicals used. As I posted earlier. Nor did they stick to international standards. (maybe any standards)

Google also turns up cases of aluminium phoshpide killing people in neighbouring apartments to the room that's being fumigated. The phosphine gas travels through the drains in the bathroom into the next door apartment killing the neighbours who are unaware of the danger they are in.
In Thailand where they tend to forgo the use of U-traps in their plumbing, this may well have happened. The hotel operators fumigated an empty room in the hotel, believing the neighbouring rooms were safe, with tragic consequences.

“I may travel someplace and get the same problem,” he said. “I may go to Europe, Canada, Australia and can get the same problem like this.”

Spoken like a true ignorant Thai who has never traveled abroad. It makes me sick when I hear this line and it's not just about an event like this. It's everything, all the time. I guess that's what happens when you're educated in a glass bubble of self-glorification. And rather than learn from the event and prevent further deaths/illness, let's just pretend it didn't happen.

glass bubble of self-glorification AKA thainess...

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This is a good opportunity for the RTP fanclub(about 4 prominent forum members) to come forward, with their tail firmly between legs and apologize for their previously illogical and offensive behavior. Most of us will remember, immediately after this case, when a few mavericks were blaming the sisters for overindulging in drink,drugs, generally being responsible for their own deaths, because the RTP said so. While most of us didn't believe a word of the official line and wanted to see autopsy results because the 2 sisters were likely poisoned or murdered. And lo and behold.....

You see, the word of one of the world's largest criminal organizations, counts for diddly squat, if it is truth you are looking for.

Next stop, KT murder case.

Thailand is using too many pesticides for everything ..... fruits ,vegies, shrimps etc ...... when you see you can keep few weeks a tomato in the fridge without problem you only wonder what they sprayed on it .... those cheap hotels are the same , they spray for mosquito , for bed bugs etc .... and usually not aware of what they are using .... all those mysterious death in Chiang mai could also be linked to pesticides .... I wonder if Organic products sold in supermarket are safe also .

For many of them "organic" just means a label that allows them to charge more for the same produce.