Ferry from trat border over to sihanoukville

Sydneycraig

Is there one, and can I take my scooter (Pcx) on with me? Also is there a similar one across townie Sam lake so I can get most of way from pp to siem riep ??? Then a train to bkk???? All with scooter .... Love having the bike with me to explore and do shorter trips but the long hauls not needed right now!! Info appreciated ... Cheers

As far as I know the ferry from Koh Kong to Sihanoukville ceased some years ago.

There is a boat of sorts (more like a barge) that goes PP to SR but this is the (very) dry season and it is likely to be slow. No chance of getting a scooter on.

Forget the train !! Forget the PCX for that matter I think it will be problematical for you.

Phuketrichard is the man to speak to.

avoid the hassle , dont take your own ( you can take it in but you wont have insuarnce) and fly into Phnom Penh an rent a bike, ride along the eastern side of the Tonle Sap to Siem rep

than come back to PP via Battambang

If you do take it in they will charge you 100 baht (at Koh Kong) /day you tell them your going to stay in Cambodia, They will also tell you ur only allowed to ride in Koh Kong Provience but nobody checks, just tell them 3-4 days, They take your temp export papers that they give you when you exit Thailand

No ferry as stated, they built 4 bridges about 6 years ago

4 hours or so to SHV

SHV-PP 4-7 hours depending on how fast ur ride

PP-SR 7-10 hours

SR-Batt-PP 8-10 hours

or you could ride SR- Poi Pet ( 3-4 hours) an at the border tell them you lost ur temp export papers ( i did this once) and than train back to Bangkok

Roads are getting worse and worse each month but there are plenty of people riding bikes so u wont be alone :-)