Ministry to try homeopathy in Sing Buri to fight dengue

Lite Beer

belief type #1 => i believe i am the coolest person in the world => ridiculous belief but cannot easily be disproved

(this is equivalent to the homeopathy supporters belief in the special magic water molecules)

belief type #2 => i believe all the girls in the world are attracted to me because i am so cool => easily disproved

(this is equivalent to the homeopathy supporters belief that homeopathy has medical benefits)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, reading the comments here shows how small minded most of you are.

For a second you guys had me thinking that the medical science has a cure for Dengue fever, that when you get Dengue fever, one can pop into the nearest pharmacy, pop a pill. and get back to work feeling fresh and shiny.

So i went to the parmacy to ask for this pill that surely must exist and just is being ignored by this ministry, "no have sir", ok, maybe he ran out?. So i went to the hospital, "no have sir" Vaccine then maybe, or anything to prevent it? "no have sir!"

Aha, so mainstream medical science has not got a cure for Dengue, and along with all normal preventative measures (removing stillstanding water from houses, mosquito nets) a ministry official has decided to also just do a test a homeopathic remedy, which may or may not be beneficial, and the first test indicates it might actually be beneficial, so they decided to test it now on a bigger scale to see if this confirms or debunks it... and you all show your total lack of intelligence by blindly attacking it, if people can not test new theories, we would most certainly not be flying the skies today, we would not be pasteurizing stuff, etc, etc. whenever someone makes a discovery there are the masses who ridiculed them to protect the status quo.

When one considers quantum physics, there most certainly could be a truth about homeopathic medicine, although i personally believe that even though the principle may be true, it seems very complex matter and i would hazard the guess that not many "homeopathic practicioners" would really know how to apply the correct medicine.

If the ultra healthy france has 35% of homeopathic users, there could be truth in it, one has to keep an open mind at all things, and in this particular case, why not?

If the ultra healthy france has 35% of homeopathic users, there could be truth in it, one has to keep an open mind at all things, and in this particular case, why not?

And in ultra healthy France 45% of people believe in the invisible sky fairy - an equally irrational belief?

As for keeping an open mind on all things, don't they say that if you keep an open mind, any old rubbish can drop in.

There is not a scrap of rigorous evidence that homoeopathy works - only worthless anecdotal accounts. Scientific consideration of the "logic" behind it reveals it to be farcical.

Mankind should have moved beyond belief in ghosts, gods and magic: the scientific method has been around in its modern form for around 3 centuries - plenty long enough for rational beings to abandon superstition.

Edit: punctuation.

Edited by AyG
  • Like 1

When one considers quantum physics, there most certainly could be a truth about homeopathic medicine, although i personally believe that even though the principle may be true, it seems very complex matter and i would hazard the guess that not many "homeopathic practicioners" would really know how to apply the correct medicine.

"Could be a truth", "seems very complex", "hazard to guess"

You keep second guessing yourself.

Please expand on the quantum physics thing, I'm intrigued by the theory and how it applies here.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

^ jim, your 100% correct that any argument put forward by the homeopathy supporters with regards to the magical mystical pure energy of water molecules can easily be shown to be illogical, but the believers can always add more and more phoney science to explain away such rational thinking (and to attract more foolish believers to their side)

what they cannot do (and what really matters) is provide any evidence (from peer reviewed academic research or other credible source) of medical benefits (beyond placebo effect) from homeopathy treatment... because such evidence does not exist

if anyone wants to believe that water molecules have their own memory / magical power, that is ok, but if anyone wants to use such beliefs to support the allocation of finite resources for homeopathy treatments which have been proved to be ineffective, that is not ok

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

France is worst in that matter. We have world class medicine practitioners, top researchers, one of the best life expectancy, yet 35% of french use and and believe in homeopathic remedies...

Doctors know it is no more than a placebo, but they still prescribe it to their patients thus breaking hippocratic oath. I have a doctor friend. His university even used to deliver an homeopathic diploma... who knows what they were teaching. Himself is not at all friendly to homeopathic concepts. He had a 9 year old patient soon after he started to practice. Totally and irremidatly deaf. Why? Her mother treated her multiple otisis with pure homeopathic remedies.

I had no idea that ignorance and ill-educated bias was so deep and widespread. It is very sad.

Actually, I just read another article showing that 70% of french believe in that homeopathy is efficient. An incredible figure, on par with the percentage of americans who believe in creationism.

Such unwitting ignorance. So little knowledge. A shame indeed.

Yep. You just need to read that topic. Many grown up adults, probably with normal intelligence. Yet they totally refuse to see the evidence that is just in front of them. This is some kind of weird mental block.

Some guy said he was bitten by a snake, and took later an homeopathic pill. The next day his symptoms disappeared. Therefore he will believe homeopathy works forever, even after reading that a study on 110 clinical tests, each comparing at least 50 people ingesting a placebo vs an homeopathic remedy, showed no positive results for homeopathy. We live in a strange world.

And in ultra healthy France 45% of people believe in the invisible sky fairy - an equally irrational belief?

As for keeping an open mind on all things, don't they say that if you keep an open mind, any old rubbish can drop in.

There is not a scrap of rigorous evidence that homoeopathy works - only worthless anecdotal accounts. Scientific consideration of the "logic" behind it reveals it to be farcical.

Mankind should have moved beyond belief in ghosts, gods and magic: the scientific method has been around in its modern form for around 3 centuries - plenty long enough for rational beings to abandon superstition.

Edit: punctuation.

Believing in god is not an equally rational belief. The existence of a god is not incompatible with our level of scientific knowledge, and nothing can be done to either prove it or disprove it. It is not surprising, even for the most intelligent human, to believe in a higher being.

For a second you guys had me thinking that the medical science has a cure for Dengue fever, that when you get Dengue fever, one can pop into the nearest pharmacy, pop a pill. and get back to work feeling fresh and shiny.

So i went to the parmacy to ask for this pill that surely must exist and just is being ignored by this ministry, "no have sir", ok, maybe he ran out?. So i went to the hospital, "no have sir" Vaccine then maybe, or anything to prevent it? "no have sir!"

Aha, so mainstream medical science has not got a cure for Dengue, and along with all normal preventative measures (removing stillstanding water from houses, mosquito nets) a ministry official has decided to also just do a test a homeopathic remedy, which may or may not be beneficial, and the first test indicates it might actually be beneficial, so they decided to test it now on a bigger scale to see if this confirms or debunks it... and you all show your total lack of intelligence by blindly attacking it, if people can not test new theories, we would most certainly not be flying the skies today, we would not be pasteurizing stuff, etc, etc. whenever someone makes a discovery there are the masses who ridiculed them to protect the status quo.

Well herein lies one of the problems. In piloting terms you are doing what we call making 'ground fit map', you are seeing what you want to see rather than looking at reality and seeing that two or more things simply do not fit together.

Grab a coffee warning!

IF you are taking the route of quantum physics as a possible explanation for any success in Homeopathy then you have a problem. If quantum physics is the answer then why do any of us have to take any medicine at all. Quantum physics at it's ultimate conclusion has it that everything in the universe is connected, as the fundamental component that makes up the universe is quantum foam or 'string'. Every single atom and sub atomic particle in my body is connected to every atom of everybody else on this planet and also to those who may live on planet Thargon 100 million light years away. Quantum foam is the basic universal component and it links everything. So, I am already connected to every molecule of 'belladonna' on earth, why do I need to sip a potion of water with 1 molecule or less of the substance, I am already connected. Quantum physics shows that the distance and time to that molecule of 'Belladonna' is irrelevant as time and distance are of no consequence. The sub-atomic particles of my body are not only here in my body sat in my study typing this post, but are also at the furthest reach of the Universe at the same time (no wonder I feel out of sorts today) and they are connected to everything. So, if all you need is a 'molecular or atomic' memory of another substance to initiate a powerful healing reaction in the body then we do not need to get that via a glass of water, we are already connected to that memory. Now you can't have your cake and eat it (unless it is quantum physics then of course you can), as I explained - seriously - in a previous post a page or so back, in every glass of water there are so many molecules that every single molecule will have been in contact with every element or molecular substance that has been on this planet in the last 4 billion years and molecular or atomic memory lasts forever, so you don't need a guy shaking a potion in a lab to give a glass of water the 'memory' you want, it is already there along with the 'memory' of every single element and molecule in the known Universe. You need to think of the holistic consequences of what you are proposing. I have no problem considering Quantum string and foam theory, but I have a problem with you thinking your wife can influence it by putting a drop of liquid in water, shaking it up and pouring it down someones throat. The drop of Belladona in the eye dropper is already connected to the molecules in your stomach and brain before it hits the glass of water and is consumed by you, because Quantum theory says it is so. The smallness of our universe compared to us (going sub-atomic) is in fact more vast than the size of our Universe (going up from our size to the vastness of the universe) in terms of orders of magnitude. The atoms and sub-atomic particles that make up my body have no concept or awareness that they are actually part of a living body, they just exist and always will do. Your glass of water with molecular memory has no influence on them and if it does it is not needed via the glass of water as the influence is already there of all molecules on every molecule of my body.

More coffee warning!

It is noted that whilst the proponents of Homeopathy (mainly Bagheera65) are happy to 'prove' they are right by quoting concepts of molecular memory, nobody has yet explained the points I raise in my previous post number #99 which would clearly destroy their own pro-homeopathic arguments. I am happy to discuss and debate

The interesting part is indeed that when considering quantum theories, one could question the need for the medicine at all.

In a way the placebo effect is actually a proof of that.

Well herein lies one of the problems. In piloting terms you are doing what we call making 'ground fit map', you are seeing what you want to see rather than looking at reality and seeing that two or more things simply do not fit together.

Grab a coffee warning!

IF you are taking the route of quantum physics as a possible explanation for any success in Homeopathy then you have a problem. If quantum physics is the answer then why do any of us have to take any medicine at all. Quantum physics at it's ultimate conclusion has it that everything in the universe is connected, as the fundamental component that makes up the universe is quantum foam or 'string'. Every single atom and sub atomic particle in my body is connected to every atom of everybody else on this planet and also to those who may live on planet Thargon 100 million light years away. Quantum foam is the basic universal component and it links everything. So, I am already connected to every molecule of 'belladonna' on earth, why do I need to sip a potion of water with 1 molecule or less of the substance, I am already connected. Quantum physics shows that the distance and time to that molecule of 'Belladonna' is irrelevant as time and distance are of no consequence. The sub-atomic particles of my body are not only here in my body sat in my study typing this post, but are also at the furthest reach of the Universe at the same time (no wonder I feel out of sorts today) and they are connected to everything. So, if all you need is a 'molecular or atomic' memory of another substance to initiate a powerful healing reaction in the body then we do not need to get that via a glass of water, we are already connected to that memory. Now you can't have your cake and eat it (unless it is quantum physics then of course you can), as I explained - seriously - in a previous post a page or so back, in every glass of water there are so many molecules that every single molecule will have been in contact with every element or molecular substance that has been on this planet in the last 4 billion years and molecular or atomic memory lasts forever, so you don't need a guy shaking a potion in a lab to give a glass of water the 'memory' you want, it is already there along with the 'memory' of every single element and molecule in the known Universe. You need to think of the holistic consequences of what you are proposing. I have no problem considering Quantum string and foam theory, but I have a problem with you thinking your wife can influence it by putting a drop of liquid in water, shaking it up and pouring it down someones throat. The drop of Belladona in the eye dropper is already connected to the molecules in your stomach and brain before it hits the glass of water and is consumed by you, because Quantum theory says it is so. The smallness of our universe compared to us (going sub-atomic) is in fact more vast than the size of our Universe (going up from our size to the vastness of the universe) in terms of orders of magnitude. The atoms and sub-atomic particles that make up my body have no concept or awareness that they are actually part of a living body, they just exist and always will do. Your glass of water with molecular memory has no influence on them and if it does it is not needed via the glass of water as the influence is already there of all molecules on every molecule of my body.

More coffee warning!

It is noted that whilst the proponents of Homeopathy (mainly Bagheera65) are happy to 'prove' they are right by quoting concepts of molecular memory, nobody has yet explained the points I raise in my previous post number #99 which would clearly destroy their own pro-homeopathic arguments. I am happy to discuss and debate

The interesting part is indeed that when considering quantum theories, one could question the need for the medicine at all.

In a way the placebo effect is actually a proof of that.

But that is back to what I said in #99, something to do with the mind or the luck of probability, and zero to do with Homeopathy and the pseudoscience those that want to sell it have fabricated. The Homeopathy argument is completely flawed, if you apply one rule or concept you have to apply them all and at that point the fragile house of cards theory tumbles.

• Like 2

"Could be a truth", "seems very complex", "hazard to guess"

You keep second guessing yourself.

Please expand on the quantum physics thing, I'm intrigued by the theory and how it applies here.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Well, i'm not an expert and have limited knowledge from either homeopathic remedies or quantum theory, but what i understand from it is that everything is just vibrations, all there really is here is energy, vibrations, frequency.

We ourselves can only perceive a very small spectrum of the frequencies, as a matter if fact, there may be many alternate realities playing out right in front of us which we can not perceive.

Someone explained to me that homeopathy works by recognizing which part of the body's vibration is out of sync with the rest, and then to create a medicine which effects would be to correct that specific part of vibration to the correct wavelength.

As i said, "could be a truth" but "seems very complex" and i would "hazard to guess" most practitioners would not be up to task, if any are.

But, this is still in the early stages, they may be on to something, who knows, let the ministry here do their test, if they will be successful ,who are we to criticize them for trying. when you don't find the answer in the box, look outside the box

Believing in god is not an equally rational belief. The existence of a god is not incompatible with our level of scientific knowledge, and nothing can be done to either prove it or disprove it. It is not surprising, even for the most intelligent human, to believe in a higher being.

Believing in god is not an "equally rational belief", I agree. It's an equally irrational belief. There is not a shred of evidence for the existence of God; there is not a shred of evidence for the efficacy of homoeopathy.

Personally, I believe in the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and am proud to call myself a Pastafarian having been touched by his noodly appendage. There is, of course, not a shred of evidence for his existence, and there is "nothing can be done to either prove it or disprove it", but that doesn't bother me since it's "not surprising, even for the most intelligent being, to believe in a higher being".

• Like 2

Please visit the following link to see an HTA report on homeopathy as part of the Swiss Complementary Medicine Evaluation Programme

http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-642-20638-2

before anyone gets confused that report was written by homeopathy believers in support of homeopathy and submitted to the Swiss national health office as part of a consultation process... you can see here (and below) a good explanation... The Swiss report on homeopathy: a case study of research misconduct David Martin Shaw, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.... http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2012-13594/ and also see here... http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Homeopathy_in_Healthcare:_Effectiveness,_Appropriateness,_Safety,_Costs

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Please visit the following link to see an HTA report on homeopathy as part of the Swiss Complementary Medicine Evaluation Programme

http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007%2F978-3-642-20638-2

before anyone gets confused that report was written by homeopathy believers in support of homeopathy and submitted to the Swiss national health office as part of a consultation process... you can see here (and below) a good explanation... The Swiss report on homeopathy: a case study of research misconduct David Martin Shaw, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.... http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2012-13594/ and also see here... http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Homeopathy_in_Healthcare:_Effectiveness,_Appropriateness,_Safety,_Costs

Thank you for responding with that swift and necessary rebuttal of the "Swiss Report" which is a massive and some would say fraudulent attempt to distort fact.

Interestingly the "Swiss Report" in English is not freely available !

• Like 1

So, people's belief that homoeopathy works just stands in the grand tradition of believing utter b*ll*cks . It's their right so to believe, and we should respect that.

You missed the part about kindergarten "volunteers" then....

Switzerland

After state insurance of homeopathy and four other complementary therapies had been withdrawn following a review in 2005, a 2009 referendum vote called for state backed health insurance to once more pay for these therapies. In 2012 the government reinstated them for a trial period until 2017, pending an independent investigation of the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of the therapies.

I can't believe the amazingly stupid comments posted above... Does any of you, and i mean ANY OF YOU - ever studied of be healed with Homeopathy? And i don't mean to have take once or twice homeopathy pills but REALLY studied it during years and years? Obviously not, because if you did it like i did during the last thirty years you'll know that homeopathy is pure genius, and even a medicine closer to quanta physics than regular medicine as we know it. It's about time that homeopathy is introduced in Thailand as not only it can heal Dengue but also a lot of other diseases or problems more simple like the heat intolerance. And don't believe any of the supposed scientists telling you that homeopathy is bullshit it's their analysis which is. Believe me these guys NEVER tried homeopathy even once in their life! And by the way, Acupuncture is also a great medicine and it's a medicine at least 2000 years old, it was not invented yesterday.

What i can admit is someone saying "i'm sorry but from all what i've studied i can't see how Homeopathy can work". THAT would be fair, and objective. Because this is where all the problem is: they don't understand why it works because homeopathy seems to go against all known scientific current knowledge. Now, mark my words, folks: Homeopathy is so ahead of anything that science knows ( so far ) that when they'll find finally why it works it will revolutionize all others theories.

Nuff said'

Surely, I'm not the first to tell you that you are a dingbat.

bagheera65 post # 15

Now, mark my words, folks: Homeopathy is so ahead of anything that science knows ( so far ) that when they'll find finally why it works it will revolutionize all others theories.

Nuff said'

Look at that which you wrote in your post. It proves that the whole issue of the treatment by homeopathy is of no value at all.

when they'll find finally why it works it will revolutionize all others theories.

It seems to also give psychic powers. LOL

• Like 1

bagheera65 post # 15

Now, mark my words, folks: Homeopathy is so ahead of anything that science knows ( so far ) that when they'll find finally why it works it will revolutionize all others theories.

Nuff said'

Look at that which you wrote in your post. It proves that the whole issue of the treatment by homeopathy is of no value at all.

when they'll find finally why it works it will revolutionize all others theories.

It seems to also give psychic powers. LOL

more like psycho than psychic

No need for any argument and sourness here. The only message is : if you or your family members come up with hopeless diseases that the conventional medicine cannot offer a cure, please just keep in mind that there is still a system of medicine that, no matter how incredible it may seem, can cure many of them. And if you want to find the new generation of Homeopaths that are equipped with modern medical concepts and be able to show the results with classical Homeopathic treatment that was strictly according to Dr.Hahnemann's Organon and Dr.Hering's direction of cure, that is the place ! And you can go there to see and prove it yourselves. And , by the way, the camps for the Hopeless are, free of charge. What can be better than that.

I am amazed to read the prejudiced and ill formed dismissal of homeopathy here. Have the detractors ever taken any time to look into its wonderful power. The British Royal family amongst many other well know people are keen proponents of its healing power. I am amazed,too, to read the strident dismissal of the placebo effect. Where are you people coming from? Haven't the detractors realized that science took a quantum leap thanks to the work of Einstein and others.way back in the early twentieth century? We no longer liver in the mechanistic Universe of Newton, Darwin and Descartes but in a world of quarks and bozons where atoms can be both particles and waves! Everything is energy, and to see the awesome power of that energy we need look no further than the horrific atomic explosions that obliterated the towns on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. The Chinese were the first to talk about energy cures when Yellow Emperor's book of healing showed that energy flowed through the body via the meridian system. This appeared 2,500 years ago and gave rise to the science of acupuncture.. Homeopathy is also a form of energy healing. All these modalities are far older than the current drug based medical treatments. The linear thinking behind this treatment is that for illness to occur something is lacking, so we give a chemical medicine that makes up for the missing component.. It does not take into account the holistic nature of a quantum perspective of the human body. Histamine is released by the body as a precursor to inflammation. This creates great pores in the surface of the arterial system. The result is a rash if you fall into a nettle patch. If histamine, however, enters the brain it stimulates thinking and motor activity. That's a very different reaction. That example explains why all pharmaceutical medications have side effects. Homeopathic remedies do not cause side effects. There are more than 20,000 homeopathic remedies; select the correct remedy at the correct potency and it will always work. Choose the wrong remedy and nothing happens! The irate dismissal of the amazing healing power of homeopathy comes from close minded blind prejudice that is deliberately fostered to protect the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry but does little to improve the overall health of the population of this planet

'Gullible' Shamrock1234 meet 'Dingbat' Bagheera65.

No need for any argument and sourness here. The only message is : if you or your family members come up with hopeless diseases that the conventional medicine cannot offer a cure, please just keep in mind that there is still a system of medicine that, no matter how incredible it may seem, can cure many of them. And if you want to find the new generation of Homeopaths that are equipped with modern medical concepts and be able to show the results with classical Homeopathic treatment that was strictly according to Dr.Hahnemann's Organon and Dr.Hering's direction of cure, that is the place ! And you can go there to see and prove it yourselves. And , by the way, the camps for the Hopeless are, free of charge. What can be better than that.

or flush your money down the toilet for the same effect (but with less time wasted)

......how many more Billions is that going to cost.......???

...besides the regular budget allocation....???

The Army had their GT200 Bomb detectors and now the Health Ministry, not to be outdone in the stupid/dangerous department, want Homeopathy to protect children from Dengue Fever also known as 'breakbone fever'. It is a crime against humanity to use Homeopathy to protect children from such a painful and life threatening disease. Homeopathy is the GT200 of Medicine.