My health at 65 and beyond

Slinky1958

My friend is 65 and he has only an AIA accident and life care card for 100000 baht what will he do if he falls ill and need s medical attention and hospital treatment it is a Plan top value card he also as no yellow book or residency letter but as a retirement visa

Does he have the money to pay out of pocket? I've read on TV that the cost / benefit of insurance policies for people 65+ are pretty slim. I'm in pretty good shape now after the implantation of six stents at Bumrungrad and cataract surgery there as well. I have Medicare and Japanese National Health Insurance, neither of which are any good to me here so I instituted a personal health care fund a couple of years ago and try to keep enough cash in it to cover any eventuality such as prostate (or any other organ) surgery, a hip replacement or other unforseen accidents and illnesses. That seems to be the best I can do over here since I'm now 71. If any TVers have any better ideas, please post them.

Does he have the money to pay out of pocket? I've read on TV that the cost / benefit of insurance policies for people 65+ are pretty slim. I'm in pretty good shape now after the implantation of six stents at Bumrungrad and cataract surgery there as well. I have Medicare and Japanese National Health Insurance, neither of which are any good to me here so I instituted a personal health care fund a couple of years ago and try to keep enough cash in it to cover any eventuality such as prostate (or any other organ) surgery, a hip replacement or other unforseen accidents and illnesses. That seems to be the best I can do over here since I'm now 71. If any TVers have any better ideas, please post them.